For sale: EVERYTHING

Ted Y

Guest Sidewinder

We aren't going to allow ANY vendors to sell here ! ===fixed

If they are ACE members, contribute to the forum, attend some events, etc. then maybe we'll think about it, it all depends on thier involvement and demeaner.

Until then John is ok as long as he doesn't overdue it, and overduing it will be discussed if and when we need to.

How's that sound?

Until then John is ok : Says who?

as he doesn't overdue it: Has been overdoing it

Cut and paste from Tom (Buccaneer)

Personally, I don't think that type of thing is right to do on the ACE forum and that's not what the ACE forum is about or started out to be. If you want to add your company info to your Avi or Sig, ok by me, just don't push it. Jus my .02

Add another forum, label it ACE Sales and let members advertise there. Leave the topic blank so you can't see it if you don't click on it. If your don't want to look at it then don't. Marco can offer to build you a bar for $X, Tom can put C3 stuff up, Robert can give detail specials, 1sik can sell stuff for his side business, LPM specials, Ed with CTSV's for sale etc etc. Going overboard a little but I think it may solve the For Sale section spamming that's been going on.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

Just a thought and forgive me if its already been suggested and I missed it, but what about creating an 'opt-in' section like the basement? You could post a full disclaimer and people who don't want to see vendor posts could simply not sign up for it.

:pensativo:

:agree Hell you don't even need to set up the Basement password, just post the disclaimer (worded to 'ski's satisfaction), and like everything else here, i.e. John's sales, Big Tom's jokes, CaHd's warpidness, or my regurgitated race news, you don't have to click and read threads if you don't want to. Mods can sweep out deviants as usual. Mostly.

This isn't Russia. Is this Russia?

We're all consenting adults here.

Mostly.

Said the vast majority of people who responded to this thread. I think that's what makes it ok.

Guest Sidewinder

Said the vast majority of people who responded to this thread. I think that's what makes it ok.

Vast, that's a good one :smilelol

Oh, and congrats on the "promotion" to ACE global moderator

There have only been a small handfull of people say no. I'd say about 85% or more said he's ok.

As far as the "promotion" goes, that was a long time ago. Maybe if you were more involved you'd notice more of what goes on here.

As far as the "promotion" goes, that was a long time ago. Maybe if you were more involved you'd notice more of what goes on here.

Posted Image

Ok! I'm tired of trying to find a happy medium. Mark, now that your not at LPM it's your section you do what you want!

Ok, since there is a big fuss by one person about this I did a QUICK tally of the people that chimed in. I counted (very quickly now) 29 people. 25 said yes (86%) 2 said no (7%) 2 did not voice an opinion either way...made a joke instead (7%) I would call that a VAST majority. Take it for what it's worth. :2cents

Mark, I have openly stated I agree with you more than once. That said, I agree with Sean that the majority has spoken. That is how ACE works!

That's ok Sean, the squeaky wheels get the grease!

I don't think you should make any decision based on one person's argument.

160 Posts so far......This is like a free post thread.

Posted Image

I have sent you my coupon in the mail...............

Guest Sidewinder

Mark, I have openly stated I agree with you more than once. That said, I agree with Sean that the majority has spoken. That is how ACE works!

Eddie, the majority has already spoken on this matter, about 2 years ago, you were in that discussion and if I remeber correctly you voted a solid NO to businesses posted in the for sale section. Correct?

Guest Sidewinder

There have only been a small handfull of people say no. I'd say about 85% or more said he's ok.

I did a search and couldn't find the post that said you are now global moderator, maybe I missed it. By more involed you mean posting on my lunch break, no problem.

This doesn't fix anything. ACE either is or isn't going to allow vendors/businesses post in for sale?

wickedfastvette

I personally will go along with what the majority decides, but I also feel we should have a section where ACE members in good standing (not exactly sure how to define that yet) that have businesses can post deals for other members, I would like to know if someone here on ACE has a speacial for our members. Even if you do it as a hobby and make money on it you are still doing it as a business. whether it be Ebay, Craigslist, The other Corvette Forum. And post a disclaimer no car dealerships and you have to own the business, that should cut out salesmen. my :2cents

Eddie, the majority has already spoken on this matter, about 2 years ago, you were in that discussion and if I remeber correctly you voted a solid NO to businesses posted in the for sale section. Correct?

Correct, but ACE is ever evolving. We have gained a number of new members and a number of "old timers" have chosen to become less active.

I may be crucified for this (and I really don't care if I do) but here goes.............. This has become total BS. Hashed over and over and over again. ACE definitely has got "growing pains". We have members who want to sell individual excess Vette items (that they have laying around taking space) and we have "vendors". We have a group that wants to keep "vendors" off the site so it doesn't become a site like CF and we have "members" who own companies that cater to Vettes. So, what to do? Beats me, but why not have the ACE site as it is and add, like "The Basement", a portion for "vendors" who, dare I say, "pay" a montly fee for their posts of items, specials, etc for sale? It takes money to make money. I, for one, do not want to see banner ads all over the pages of ACE. Advertising anywhere costs and those costs could be devoted to the upkeep of ACE servers, gatherings, etc. NO SALARIES FOR YOU MODS WHO ARE ALREADY OVERPAID. This issue has really been picking my azz as I'm sure it is doing the same to others. Let's deal with it once and for all because, quite frankly my dear, it's getting boring. Just My Humble Opinion.

wickedfastvette

Yes John I agree with you, No Banner Ads!! And charge a fee for posting, I also volunteer to help Mark if it comes to it to monitor the area.

we could do a small monthly fee and you would get a limited amount of posted items for said fee.

Yes John I agree with you, No Banner Ads!! And charge a fee for posting, I also volunteer to help Mark if it comes to it to monitor the area.

we could do a small monthly fee and you would get a limited amount of posted items for said fee.

Thank you. The "fee" would have to be nominal either by post, by weekly, monthly, whatever. As all are aware I have a Vette diecast company and I would gladly pay to advertise and give the ACE family a deal. My ideas are not self serving because I keep busy enough but I would really like this issue to be put to rest once and for all. The longer we refuse to deal with it, the more it affects our Members.

Guest Sidewinder

Correct, but ACE is ever evolving. We have gained a number of new members and a number of "old timers" have chosen to become less active.

Very true, some have even left and came back haha.

Guest Sidewinder

I volunteered a few years ago to mod the for sale section then the mod was changed to bigfoot since it may have been a conflict with LPM which was the right thing to do. I will volunteer to mod a new section to help out and do my part again, no problem. Maybe we can sctrach a few ideas together at the fathers day gig at Sonic this Friday

Very true, some have even left and came back haha.

And some just quit :lol

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.