• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

Guest Sidewinder

Damn it Mark! Would you knock it off already!

You're really scaring me cause I keep having to agree with you :toetap

Yeah me too!

Make it a minimum post count of 200 or more....that should cover most of the current active ACE membership that has goods and services for sale.

Anyone under that count needs to get permission from the Mods to post. You're already moderating this section anyways...anything that doesn't fit the above criteria get's shut down.

Hell, if it's a business entity place the stipulation that it must be a local (AZ) business to advertise goods/service on ACE.

Guest Sidewinder

Anyone gonna "trade up" for one of these V's? :unsure

:bolt:

Hide one in the back lot somewhere, as I'm considering selling my Lexus next year and sliding into a V.

No differneces from the 09 and 10...nothing new on the 11's, right ?

Maybe a "rape" button that allows an overboost for 20 seconds, like the chrono option on turbo porsches ?

Anyone gonna "trade up" for one of these V's? :unsure

:bolt:

Hide one in the back lot somewhere, as I'm considering selling my Lexus next year and sliding into a V.

No differneces from the 09 and 10...nothing new on the 11's, right ?

Maybe a "rape" button that allows an overboost for 20 seconds, like the chrono option on turbo porsches ?

What's the difference? none.

Alot...

West Coast Corvette example.

The person is on here representing a company.

They don’t have ANY investment in the ACE club and/or do not contribute* to ACE as a hole.

They charge Tax

The have the same item in bulk.

They are considered a Vendor and buy items from a Wholesale Distributor.

*Contributing means time, volunteer work, creating events, wrench days, not Swag , T-shirts, and money donated to the servers.

The "Craigs List" person

Buys and sells used items.

Is a thrifty shopper at the swap meets and sells his goods here on ACE.

Adds to ACE as a hole (posts, meetings, events)

No tax

He is himself and not a company.

is it really that bad that 1Slkvette makes 10 posts in a forum? ... Ill buy something from him because I know he has honesty and integrity.

Who is to say the same about West Coast Corvette.

lets say we put the hammer down and say no business selling?

What about If I have a crap ton of stuff I’m selling because I’m moving out of state?

- Ill be flooding the forum.

- Ill be making a profit.

How is that any different that 1SlkVette?

"Chad you are moving and its a one time thing. He does it all the time"

OK got it. So now we have to have a VOULNTEER monitor the section to determine if someone is moving out of an apartment, found a stash in grandpas shed, or is turning and burning used goods on a regular basis.

Where is that line in the sand? from grandpas stash, to business man?

10 post a day?

20 posts a day?

" Chad lets make it no more than 20 posts per 7 days."

OK got it. Well guess what! The forum software cant do that (remember it free) . So now that volunteer will have to count and keep a record of people posting.

there is a practial means that cannot be done with this software.

In the end what im trying to get across is that this IS NOT a simple Black and White switch. This is not a ALL or NONE choice that you guys are claming. There are other factors to include that are not in the "ACE MANUAL"

Example:

Tom/BUCCANEER busted his ASS tying to make a better mouse trap. He has spent a huge amount of money in an effort to make something great, and make money at it.

He is a friend to many of us.

He is trying to make a buck.

He add to ACE as a hole.

he is a business.

He will charge tax.

and he is a vendor.

Guess what..

Let him sell it here on the boards.

Tom selling his product here on ACE is not going to do any harm like a used car lot fleecing ACE as a marketing portal.

cahd

Hell, if it's a business entity place the stipulation that it must be a local (AZ) business to advertise goods/service on ACE.

I tend to disagree with you there.................I can't imagine why though.

I'm not sure you can put Tom and the Renegade into this equation Chad. Did we all see the process evolve to what it is today? YES Did he come on here and say "Hey all you CF guys, I've got this awesome intake for you, come buy it?" NO Did some purchase from him because of this site? YES But, never once did he solicit anyone to buy one here in open forum. :2cents I do like what you had to say otherwise.

I tend to disagree with you there.................I can't imagine why though.

You were covered under the 200+ post ACE active member rule :thumbs

I only put that stipulation in as an example of how to keep disinterested vendors that only have an interest in moving product without active membership....ie. the West Coast Corvette example that was made.

leave it the way it is ....... John doesn;'t have a biz .... he may or may not be flippin vettes ... as he stated .. he offers stuff up on here at the same time he puts it on other site(s) and/or elsewhere ....... and the majority of the stuff is sold elsewhere ... not on this site ...... having a tuff time understanding why anybody's got their boxers wadded over this .. unless it's personnel ... and we don't go there here ........ as I stated before .... from my perspective there's one hellava lot more actual biz promo goin on there then what he's doin ..... It ain't broke .... let er run !!! just sayin .......

I'm not sure you can put Tom and the Renegade into this equation Chad.

Did we all see the process evolve to what it is today? YES

Did he come on here and say "Hey all you CF guys, I've got this awesome intake for you, come buy it?" NO

Did some purchase from him because of this site? YES But, never once did he solicit anyone to buy one here in open forum.

:2cents

I do like what you had to say otherwise.

I have no dog in this hunt and don't care either way on how this topic goes really. Whatever you all decide works for me, but I'd just like to say for the record that I made NO sales from anything posted on ACE by me or our company which isn't much. All sales to CF members of ACE were made from either face to face meetings, or the CFI forum/website sales. I never solicited any member outright here that I know of. All my pics were basically...Hey! Look what I've been up to kind of thing, vs trying to generate sales. Besides, most members are C5/C6 owners anyway and doesn't apply to them. Personally, I don't think that type of thing is right to do on the ACE forum and that's not what the ACE forum is about or started out to be. If you want to add your company info to your Avi or Sig, ok by me, just don't push it. Jus my .02

I'm not sure you can put Tom and the Renegade into this equation Chad.

Did we all see the process evolve to what it is today? YES

Did he come on here and say "Hey all you CF guys, I've got this awesome intake for you, come buy it?" NO

Did some purchase from him because of this site? YES But, never once did he solicit anyone to buy one here in open forum.

:2cents

I do like what you had to say otherwise.

I have no dog in this hunt and don't care either way on how this topic goes really. Whatever you all decide works for me, but I'd just like to say for the record that I made NO sales from anything posted on ACE by me or our company which isn't much. All sales to CF members of ACE were made from either face to face meetings, or the CFI forum/website sales. I never solicited any member outright here that I know of. All my pics were basically...Hey! Look what I've been up to kind of thing, vs trying to generate sales. Besides, most members are C5/C6 owners anyway and doesn't apply to them. Personally, I don't think that type of thing is right to do on the ACE forum and that's not what the ACE forum is about or started out to be. If you want to add your company info to your Avi or Sig, ok by me, just don't push it. Jus my .02

Didn't I say that??? :lol

Guest Sidewinder

So when is ACE going to start allowing other businesses start selling parts in the for sale section? I can't wait to see the bargains from the hundreds of parts vendors out there!

We aren't going to allow OTHER vendors to sell here ! If they are ACE members, contribute to the forum, attend some events, etc. then maybe we'll think about it, it all depends on thier involvement and demeaner. Until then John is ok as long as he doesn't overdue it, and overduing it will be discussed if and when we need to. How's that sound?

Anyone wanna buy a Caddy? Still have lotsa V's :yeah:

What do you think they'll realistically go for....we're talking 2010 models, right ?

What do you think they'll realistically go for....we're talking 2010 models, right ?

Yeah 2010's, 0%/60 list 69,360 sell 66,500 - 3,400 w/o recaro seats

Just a thought and forgive me if its already been suggested and I missed it, but what about creating an 'opt-in' section like the basement? You could post a full disclaimer and people who don't want to see vendor posts could simply not sign up for it. :pensativo:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.