• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

how much for your sanity?

Since my dignity is already sold, I would make an even up swap of my sanity for a Pewter colored LS6 intake...

Since my dignity is already sold, I would make an even up swap of my sanity for a Pewter colored LS6 intake...

Desertdawg

So where do you draw the line, should I tell John it's not ok to list everything for sale, except for the stuff we want? I've had a couple of discussions with other members, and yes this is his business, and yes we don't allow commercial sales. Is it time to step in and ask John to stop or is there another route???

So where do you draw the line, should I tell John it's not ok to list everything for sale, except for the stuff we want?

I've had a couple of discussions with other members, and yes this is his business, and yes we don't allow commercial sales.

Is it time to step in and ask John to stop or is there another route???

JNMMotorsports

If you guys are not comfortable with me posting items for sale, I will stop. Just to let you know, I am a sponsor on Corvetteforum where 99% of my sales go. I just thought I would give you guys first pick since you are local.

Desertdawg

I appreciate that John, let's see what the other members have to say, let's give it a day or two for all to respond!

I don't see it as a problem. It's all Vette stuff that one of us may want, and he's local. Plus he lists it in the for sale section, and pretty much lets it be. He doesn't seem pushy to me. I know the rules say no business, but I'm OK with this. Plus, it's not retail selling. It's all used stuff at typically good deals, and it all comes and goes. I vote he can stay given his track record so far.

I vote his sale stuff continue to be offered to ACE members....I believe it has been VERY beneficial to many people on this site. :yeah:

My OP was a joke. I don't have a problem with John listing stuff for sale. All these things are possibly useful to the members. ...And they are used parts. Same as I don't have a problem with EUDLOSE posting he has a differential for sale. Same as Strutt posting his specials on diecast cars occasionally. It keeps these threads alive. As long as a vendor or business is not referring readers to a business website or brick and morter location for completion of the sale, it gives the appearance of a person to person transaction.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt I don't guess, but I agree with Ted. I see no problem with selling goods sans the advertising. Thanks, Parker

wickedfastvette

I agree with Ted. I was wondering about this the other day when a member posted up that he would be giving ACE members a discount on window tinting but got shut down because he was advertising a service, it gets really hard enforcing this rule because I think there is alot of Gray area. I for 1 would like to know if we get something cheaper or a deal, but don't want a bunch of dealers jumping in and posting just for that reason.

I agree, there is some gray there. But if the guy would have had a cancellation and said "If anyone would like to get their windows tinted today for $xxx" send me a PM, then I think that would be OK. No advertising or driving someone to a website or brick and mortar location.

:agree With what was posted before. Not like some people who get just enough posts to put up something for sale, don't really mind that either since it is usually something vette related. He's not on here just to try and sell us something so I don't mind him throwing first option our way.

Quicksilver98

I dont have a problem with it! Gives us all something to drool over.....even though I cant afford most of it. I can still dream can't I? lol

I say it's ok. Mainly because he has become more involved with other parts of the forum. I.E. he has had input in the General and Tech sections. I hear he even made it to one event now as well. Had he just stayed in the For Sale section only I might have said no. I would like to see his involvement continue to grow. :thumbs

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.