• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

• Desertdawg

• ICULUKN

Guest XLR8TNC5
Hey, but you're Mr. Can-Drive-It, right?

That's what I do all day.

Yeah.....So you would think that in a corner at high speeds with a car getting ready to pass you, you would..............ummm, nevermind. You are the professional!

:P

You know, Im just giving you grief. I tease because I care. And I know you know what Im talkin about Danny boy!

Tanya

P.S. If I had been driving that Z, I would have just sped up and made the lowly C5 behind me look like a teensy tinsy lil spec in my rearview mirror. :devil

3,503 lbs of trouble
Hey, but you're Mr. Can-Drive-It, right?

That's what I do all day.

Yeah.....So you would think that in a corner at high speeds with a car getting ready to pass you, you would..............ummm, nevermind. You are the professional!

Yes, and professional drivers are taught that passing on the right = nono.gif That's why I went in the right lane. To allow you to pass.

P.S. If I had been driving that Z, I would have just sped up and made the lowly C5 behind me look like a teensy tinsy lil spec in my rearview mirror.  :devil

blahblah.gifblahblah.gifblahblah.gifblahblah.gifblahblah.gifblahblah.gif

:jester

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yes, and professional drivers are taught that passing on the right = nono.gif That's why I went in the right lane. To allow you to pass.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you waited long enough to get over though!

Anyway, in Nascar, we pass wherever the hell we damn please. Left right, it don't matter as long as we win the race! I could always have just "rattled your cage a little." They were both black, you wouldn't have noticed the bump and run too much. :devil

Tanya

P.S. Im having too much fun here. :drinkers

is there anyone that is going that will not be racing and will be willing to help me out? I need someone who knows "what's what" at a drag strip and one that can help me in the staging lane and up at the waterbox.

Let me know if you can help out for the night. If so I will buy you a couple rounds at Hooters after we are done at the track.

ALSO -- I went out to the track tonight to watch --- and there was NO ONE THERE .

Well, maybe 50 cars total. But there was many times where the track was quiet and no one was in the staging lanes. I left around 9 ish and a few more were rolling in for tech but it was pretty damn empty out there.

Maybe we can get that lucky next week.

3,503 lbs of trouble
is there anyone that is going that will not be racing and will be willing to help me out? I need someone who knows "what's what" at a drag strip and one that can help me in the staging lane and up at the waterbox.

Let me know if you can help out for the night. If so I will buy you a couple rounds at Hooters after we are done at the track.

If I can get the night off from GM, I will help you out. I'm obviously not racing.

Don't worry Chris, well get you through all the steps to the finish line...

Sounds crazy that no one was there, We have always waited in the staging lanes all the way around the timing tower when I have gone...

Sure hope next friday is light on the traffic too...

As far as not being able to do a burnout -- GREAT !!  That means you won't have traction problems since you can't even spin them in a puddle.  You don't have to do a burnout, and in fact a burnout on street tires is just a waste of time and rubber.

Its cheaper on tires too! :leaving

On a more serious note.. I won't be there on the 30th. I was thinking that was a saturday, as you all know its a friday so ill be at work. :(

DOH! i was hoping to borrow your scan tool - oh well - i'll find other means, or wait until the next time i see you.

:drinkers

I may possibly be at the cruise sat. I ordered my rotors/pads/2 front calipers monday.. it should all be here thursday so I can get it squared away. If everything goes well Ill have it ready.

As for the scantool , anytime just let me know.

I still want to borrow that "Big Mouth" air damn for afew min :D

a few minutes? that all?

heck, i'll try and keep the tools with me for a quick removal - like i said, it had 3 bolts on it, now it has 2 - so should make for a quick uninstall - and then i can put the third bolt back on.

i also have to install my new "turbo"

see here

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=634&hl=

Ya about 10min with a tape measure and thats all ill need.

thats a pretty slick kazoo your gonna bolt into your tailpipe :)

Special thanks to Andrew and Melissa (AnMRacing) for getting the "bigs and littles" mounted for my Vega.

I have the fronts on and they do fit (whew :unsure). Tomorrow morning the bigs go on the back and I will crawl under and adjust the rear springs. I saw that the old tires were rubbing the inside top of the fender wells, so I need to adjust for that. That's a noise I don't want to hear at 120 MPH.

Guest Sidewinder

Well, I wont have the car out to race on the 30th, as hoped. But I will be there to cheer you all on. So, Ill see you all Friday night!

Tanya

well i heard it start yesterday, ADS is finishing up my boost controller, and guages. Need to get the fenders and hood back on then it goes on the rollers.

Here is a teaser pic

post-7-1127830134.jpg

Bryan - I will give ya a hand. I will be making some runs but between Dwayne, myself and others I am sure you will be covered. We just need to get our signals down and so forth.

FWIW - I made the mistake of putting synthetic in my new motor and it found all the weak spots in the oil pan gasket. :toetap I am glad it happened now none the less. Needless to say I will be pulling the pan tomorrow and replacing the pan gasket. If I am not successful in keeping the precious elixer from spewing about I may not be running. But I will be there regardless to give ya a hand. :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5
well i heard it start yesterday, ADS is finishing up my boost controller, and guages. Need to get the fenders and hood back on then it goes on the rollers.

Here is a teaser pic

^^^ Oh yeahh, can't wait to see and hear that biotch!!!

T

Bryan - I will give ya a hand. I will be making some runs but between Dwayne, myself and others I am sure you will be covered. We just need to get our signals down and so forth.

FWIW - I made the mistake of putting synthetic in my new motor and it found all the weak spots in the oil pan gasket. :toetap I am glad it happened now none the less. Needless to say I will be pulling the pan tomorrow and replacing the pan gasket. If I am not successful in keeping the precious elixer from spewing about I may not be running. But I will be there regardless to give ya a hand. :thumbs

Look for the new one piece rubber / silicone pan gaskets. Fel-Pro makes some, others may make them also. They are the best things ever made for a 350 Chevy.

Yep...... I picked up the parts yesterday. I also picked up some "Right Stuff" gasket maker for a small bead on both sides of the gasket. The gasket has a nice thin plastic layer between the pan and block sides. So I should not need to worry about the gasket getting torn.

well it turns out that i don't have to work - so i'll be there with bells on - haven't decided if i'll be racing yet though.

It says no hubcaps, what about the center caps on my 82. Let's say I get it running well enough to go down the 1/4. Will I have t take off the little center caps on the wheels? Right now they're stuck on pretty good with RTV.

3,503 lbs of trouble
It says no hubcaps, what about the center caps on my 82. Let's say I get it running well enough to go down the 1/4. Will I have t take off the little center caps on the wheels? Right now they're stuck on pretty good with RTV.

Wheel center caps & trim rings must come off or you won't pass tech. I had to take those pieces off the Rally wheels my '79 had when I raced. Still have the crow bar.

I got to run with my CE caps on once, they asked if they were bolted on? I said YEP! and the guy pulled on one that didn't budge...Nuff said..

I would have been pissed if it was one of the looser ones, and it popped off in his hands...

I pull them off now for safety reasons...

Yep, I'm hoping it gives me a little improvment...

That way I can get the stupid "Would give his first born for a 14.99" moniker out from under my kickbutt avatar... :mad

I got the oil pan gasket swapped out yesterday. So my crisis has been overted and I can make a few runs.

Bryan - I will bring a CD of the videos we captured last time.