NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Drag Racing at Firebird - Sept 30th

BSeery

Hell no.. this isnt show friends... this is show business..

I will run on DOT tires on the 30th. I am sorry if you dont have the same set up or are willing to go through the same expense and I am to go fast. Put up or shut up is my moto...

I will run you Ken for any amount you want to run for, just bring cash.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

• Desertdawg

• ICULUKN

I am going to see if I can get Tracy to race the truck. This weekend I am going to take her out to the track and teach her how to race. How to do the burnout ( :smilelol ) , the pre-stage and how to "courtesy stage", the light system, and the launch. After that there is nothing to do in the truck but listen to the radio and keep it in your lane.

Also will have to teach not to turn for exit until the on the inside lane has turned, seems that everyone f 's that one up.

I think Sandy should bring the Element out and we could have a "wive's shootout".

Hell no.. this isnt show friends... this is show business..

I will run on DOT tires on the 30th. I am sorry if you dont have the same set up or are willing to go through the same expense and I am to go fast. Put up or shut up is my moto...

I will run you Ken for any amount you want to run for, just bring cash.

What, you think I was born yesterday??

Not DOT, what your car came with off the line!!

We are apples to apples remember!!

Ken

Ken

My corvette came with 350 FWHP and 275/45/18 and for you 405 FWHP with 295/45/18 (zo6). Neither one of our cars is stock so it should revert to run what you brung and hope you bring enough. :burnout

Well I guess you aren't partial to a drivers match!!

I give, you have deeper pockets Glenn..........

You win

Ken

BTW it's an '01 385 fwhp!!

Ken

My corvette came with 350 FWHP and 275/45/18 and for you 405 FWHP with 295/45/18 (zo6). Neither one of our cars is stock so it should revert to run what you brung and hope you bring enough. :burnout

I'll put a ruling to this to make it fair:

NO DRAG RADIALS.

Basically, use what you are driving with on the street. The difference in HP -- 150- 250 - 900, whatever the HP ratings of each car will mean that you will have to be a good enough driver to hook up the HP that your car has.

If you can't hook it up, then it's not usable HP and wouldn't mean crap in a street race. You don't win street races by going up in smoke and you don't run drag slicks on the street for daily driving.

SO, may the best man and machine win.

I'll put a ruling to this to make it fair:

NO DRAG RADIALS.

Basically, use what you are driving with on the street. 

I think that the drag radials that Glenn was planning on running are the tires he will normally be running on the street. I don't think that he was going to bolt on a special pair of tires or slicks - just what he was using on a daily basis. He'll have to confirm, though...

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Well I guess you aren't partial to a drivers match!!

I give, you have deeper pockets Glenn..........

You win

Ken

BTW it's an '01 385 fwhp!!

Hey Ken I will run ya for fun :) I will be out on street tires as well... and you have the X2 to my X4, but I have a stock cat back :)

Guest XLR8TNC5

HEHEHE, this is fun to watch.... (lurk)

Ken, I can bring back your DR's for ya so you can run them. LOL. They are still sitting in the same place in my garage as they were the night we brought them home from my first time ever running my Vette out at Speedworld. lol.

I still will never forget the first run EVER in my car when Mark ran a 12.7.....and then a best of the night with a 12.6. Someday, I hope to make that an 11.6.

I wish you all the best and fun and FRIENDSHIP we can handle.

Tanya

I am going to see if I can get Tracy to race the truck.

good luck with that - people have been trying to get Dale Jarret to race the truck for years! :smilelol

I am going to see if I can get Tracy to race the truck.

good luck with that - people have been trying to get Dale Jarret to race the truck for years! :smilelol

We are going out tomorrow night for practice.

how did you run?

We didn't. Tracy wasn't feeling well and there were some nasty ass storms that hit our part of Chandler. We had street flooding and a microburst hit our neighborhood. I couldn't see across the street because of the rain going sideways. Made that storm on the way to Vegas look like a spring shower.

3,503 lbs of trouble
there were some nasty ass storms that hit our part of Chandler. We had street flooding and a microburst hit our neighborhood. I couldn't see across the street because of the rain going sideways. Made that storm on the way to Vegas look like a spring shower.

I saw that storm from the track at the proving ground, and heard what it was doing on the radio! :eek

Please review the rules for running at Firbird if you have not done so. Firebird

The main items are wear closed toe shoes, long pants and if you are faster than 13.99 a brain bucket is required.

No problem. Seeing as how some of the folks are faster and will be racing each other do we want to add some other categories. Like best RT, 60 ft time etc. Just because they are fast they are not necessarily the quickest off the light or 60 ft. etc. Just a thought, this way we all stand a chance to have some bragging rights. :burnout

FWIW - I will race anyone because I am out to have fun, burn some rubber and speed legally. I liken this to fishing... It is the act of fishing that is important and if you catch fish that is a bonus. :D

No problem. Seeing as how some of the folks are faster and will be racing each other do we want to add some other categories. Like best RT, 60 ft time etc. Just because they are fast they are not necessarily the quickest off the light or 60 ft. etc. Just a thought, this way we all stand a chance to have some bragging rights.  :burnout

FWIW - I will race anyone because I am out to have fun, burn some rubber and speed legally. I liken this to fishing... It is the act of fishing that is important and if you catch fish that is a bonus.  :D

Our page at http://arizonavette.net/drags.htm shows best in each catagory (reaction, 60 foot and so on) and show best in each car generation. By the way, I hold the best reaction time at a .039, and Mike O'Connor holds all the other "best of" records.

We will have to do something special for this event.

By the way, we are going to Hooters afterwards -- RIGHT ??!!??

Guest XLR8TNC5

I am very much so looking forward to this. I have NEVER run at Firebird, but I will have helmet in tow and be ready to go. I hear they don't do very good with the Tack (sp) but we will see what happens.

And hell yeah, why not go to hooters afterwards. Im always down for going to Hooters. (That just seems so wrong being that Im female) But I truly just love that place. I always feel like I fit in there. Maybe I should get a second j..............nevermind. Lets not go there.

T