NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Drag Racing at Firebird - Sept 30th

BSeery

This event is in conjunction with the Cross Fire Injection Vault (Forum) and their "Cross Fire Wars" event. This will be a get together of members of the Cross Fire Forum to see what their stock and modified Cross Fire equipped Vettes and Camaros can do on the 1/4 mile.

Come and race or just come to hang out. Gates open at 6:00 p.m. - races start at 7:00. $10 gets you in the door, another $7 lets you race. If you are going to race, remember closed toe shoes and full length pants are required. Check out www.Firebirdraceway.com for other rules and details.

I know we have a lot of ACE members who say they have fast cars. I think it's time some of them stepped up and proved it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

• Desertdawg

• ICULUKN

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hmmm, sounds like fun. I'm not sure I can make it to race, but I have been wanting to come out and watch for a while.I have never raced at Firebird. Always at Speedworld. So maybe I will come out and check out the track and then race another night. We'll see.

Thanks for posting this up though. And I agree fast cars need to pony up eh? However, I know a lot of them (ahem) have cars in the shop right now....

:rolleyes

Tanya

And I agree fast cars need to pony up eh? However, I know a lot of them (ahem) have cars in the shop right now....

:rolleyes

Tanya

... yep, but they should be freshly tuned and ready to roll by the end of the month.

As Ken was saying at the Pavilions "It may be a 10 second car but last time it went down the track it was running 12's."

Time to see some time slips.

Also, don't forget to check out the ACTUAL results at our drag racing records section -- http://arizonavette.net/drags.htm

So far Mike O'Connor's car is leading the way with a 11.703 at 125.367.

------

I "may" have the Vega out for some trial runs by this time. I don't know as I need to get some tires for it and those are not the tires you just pickup at the local stores.

Guest XLR8TNC5

True, true, but let me clarify. I wasn't trying to bring any one person out to the "races" with my comment. HEHEHE. As I too need to get my ass out there on the track. Last good run in my car I ran a 12.9 and Mark ran a 12.6 in it. I am thinking maybe I should also come on out and bring what I got to the table. If anything to maybe get some practice in, as it has been a while. Last time was when it was so COOOLLLLLLDDDDD outside and I couldn't stop shaking long enough to get the hot chocolate cup up to my mouth without spilling it all over me. lol.

I should probably invest in some of those tires you are mentioning as well. lol. But you are right, they don't grow on trees and you can't just pick em up anywhere.

I can't wait to see what that VEGA will do. I have ALWAYS loved those cars on the track.

Take care,

So far it looks like we have at least 7 or 8 crossfires coming in from around the southwest. Maybe even one from all the way up in Oregan...

My last runs netted a best time of 15.075 since then I spent $456.00 for headers and went true duals. Anyone think that was enough to get me into the damn 14's????

Remember, the more the merrier...

Even if you show up without a vette, like Dan W. :P

You all can talk all the crap you want about my car. I know what the new motor is going to do. It is the same motor that is in KingPins car and he made 650 RWHP/ 700 RWT before the sauce. The motor is in route from Michigan as we speak and should be here on Thurs (friday at the latest).

As Ken was saying at the Pavilions "It may be a 10 second car but last time it went down the track it was running 12's."

When I suggested to Ken that we put a little wager on the race on the 30th, he immediately changed the subject. That shows me lack of confidence. You are dead wrong to belive that I would build a dyno queen. I drive my vette more than ANYONE else on this board (except for VetteTax) as it is my daily driver. For any takers my car will be at the track this winter. FYI, I have more passes down the 1/4 mile that everyone on this board put together. You all know I can drive.

As I remember it, 'ol blue has the record at 11.34 @ 129. I have the time slip on my wall in the game room.

If there are any doubters on my cars ability to run we can break them off when my car gets buttoned up. I will only run for money. Wagers will start at $1.00 (one USD). I will have all my victims money on my gameroom wall for everyone to see at the Marine Corps B-Day Party.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
You all can talk all the crap you want about my car. I know what the new motor is going to do. It is the same motor that is in KingPins car and he made 650 RWHP/ 700 RWT before the sauce. The motor is in route from Michigan as we speak and should be here on Thurs (friday at the latest).

When I suggested to Ken that we put a little wager on the race on the 30th, he immediately changed the subject. That shows me lack of confidence. You are dead wrong to belive that I would build a dyno queen. I drive my vette more than ANYONE else on this board (except for VetteTax) as it is my daily driver. For any takers my car will be at the track this winter. FYI, I have more passes down the 1/4 mile that everyone on this board put together. You all know I can drive.

As I remember it, 'ol blue has the record at 11.34 @ 129. I have the time slip on my wall in the game room.

If there are any doubters on my cars ability to run we can break them off when my car gets buttoned up. I will only run for money. Wagers will start at $1.00 (one USD). I will have all my victims money on my gameroom wall for everyone to see at the Marine Corps B-Day Party.

I'll take ya up on that wager for $1.00 :cool

You all realize that Glenn is one of the only Vette guys that ever had the balls to even try to play with the Supra's right? That's how I met him and week after week he was the only Vette owner that ever showed his face at the track... This being said trash talking Glenn is very poor taste in my opinion. As far as most other car "clubs" out there are concerned he is one of the only Vette owners that has any respect when it comes to taking it to the track and backing up what he says. Talk is just talk over the internet, we call it "internet tough guys"... how's about stopping the internet tough guy crap and actually showing up and racing? Just a thought...

-MT

You all realize that Glenn is one of the only Vette guys that ever had the balls to even try to play with the Supra's right? That's how I met him and week after week he was the only Vette owner that ever showed his face at the track... This being said trash talking Glenn is very poor taste in my opinion. As far as most other car "clubs" out there are concerned he is one of the only Vette owners that has any respect when it comes to taking it to the track and backing up what he says. Talk is just talk over the internet, we call it "internet tough guys"... how's about stopping the internet tough guy crap and actually showing up and racing? Just a thought...

-MT

you do realize we're all friends here - and the trash talking goes on and on and on - i do think that if any of us had a car that was even close to as fast as glenns we'd be steppin' up. i know i would! unfortunately running 14.40s at the track is no comparison to mid 12's and under - so that is why i keep my trash talking to a minimum - and when i do trash talk, it's all in good fun - which i think it is with all of us here!

and come to think of it - i don't recall ever seeing you drive your supra - last 2 times i've seen you you have been in a CHEVY TRUCK! what's that all about? :bs

3,503 lbs of trouble
you do realize we're all friends here - and the trash talking goes on and on and on

:withstupid

and come to think of it - i don't recall ever seeing you drive your supra - last 2 times i've seen you you have been in a CHEVY TRUCK! what's that all about?  :bs

:lol

I was just stating that the trash talk about Glenns car was unnnecessary. The quote "As Ken was saying at the Pavilions "It may be a 10 second car but last time it went down the track it was running 12's." was out of line since we all know better and have seen Glenn do better... The trash talk about Glenns car over the weekend just got a little old...

The old Dawg was sold... I will be doing another one...

-MT

I was just stating that the trash talk about Glenns car was unnnecessary. The quote "As Ken was saying at the Pavilions "It may be a 10 second car but last time it went down the track it was running 12's." was out of line since we all know better and have seen Glenn do better... The trash talk about Glenns car over the weekend just got a little old...

The old Dawg was sold... I will be doing another one...

-MT

HEY! I'll trash talk ICULUKN any time I want!! :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

hey, I want to put my two cents in here! NONE of us were trash talking GLENN! Give me a break. We , if anything, razz him into motivation, and for that he should know us all well enough to understand it.

I understand that we all have something to say and Glenn knows he is the whole reason I am ALWAYS doign shit to my car. I respect the hell out of him and what he does to his car and I am more than willing to give him a hard enough time to make him put his money where is his mouth is. AND....IF. (key word, IF) had the money to make my car scream like his, I would pony up in a second just to give GLENN some competition, (since there seems to be very little of that for him).

I understand your coming to his defense, but seriously, I do not even know if you and I have ever met, but Glenn knows me well enough to know I think his car is the shiznit and anything I say is only because Im jealous of him!

so there..........(Sticking my tongue out at you.)

Thanks and Ill see you all at the friggin track GD it!

we all trash talk Glenn's car -- it's the club's third passtime behind Dan and his donuts and Dan W.'s 1983 Delorean and right before Dwayne's multiple collisions with his car. It's so much fun some of us have it in our signatures.

By the way Glenn, I need a copy of the time slip e-mailed to me to get on the results page. Just scan and e-mail and I will get it added.

Until then you are slower than Chris.

By the way Glenn, I need a copy of the time slip e-mailed to me to get on the results page. Just scan and e-mail and I will get it added.

Until then you are slower than Chris.

Ill stay slower than Chris because I know that Blackula will be faster than 'ol Blue.

Get your dollars ready.

Get your dollars ready.

for table dances????? :ack

I do believe that Chris has just offered to give table dances. This should be some interesting racing!!! :P

I'm there. Heck, for only a dollar, I'll take you all on in the :devilELEMENT :devil

You can't go wrong with a car with THREE syllables in it's name...

ELEMENT

You can't go wrong with a car with THREE syllables in it's name...

OMG! you can't be serious? Is that all that thing has going for it???

I'll take you on for a buck!!!

EDIT!

I only say that because your probably the only one on here I can beat...

http://www.dragtimes.com/Honda--Element

Heck, I think even Dan W. could beat you with his 83.....Well on second thought :smilelol

Great, I'll try very hard to be there. I won't race though. I'll wimp out on this till I get e real set of stickys. The last time I was there I could not hook up till 4th gear. :ack

As for driving the Vette the most, I have damn near 100,000 miles on mine. And Using N20 for years. I have even driven mine in the snow all year long in Denver unless the snow was too deep. You would be surprised how well the active handling and traction control works in the snow and ice. I know I was surprised. :)

One thing I have noticed here in Phoenix about the drivers here. I have people look right at me in the mirror and still come over. I even had a guy in a truck force me into a curb also. It just about ripped off the radiator support and tore the front bumper. :banghead He seen what he did and drove off.

just because it looks like they are looking in the mirror does not mean they are actually looking. I think most people have their mirrors (especially the left outside) set wrong for driving. I was behind a dude last night. I could see his face in all 3 mirrors at the same time. That means if I was beside him left or right he would not have been able to see me.

Anyway - end hijack

Come out and watch the other's race.

Dont make me turbo the element. It already has an auto and AWD.

Believe me, he has talked about it. If he thought he could get it installed and buttoned up before the race, he'd probably do it!

Sounds like fun. We hope to be there whether Blackula is completed or not.

I don't see Glenn's name anywhere in the first set of posts before Glenn's :ack

Ah Glenn, when you started pulling out the Benjamins I said I'd run you if you ran on stock tires just like I would have to!! Then you talked about having to change from the E/T's to stockers and the time and yada yada yada!!

That is when the subject changed! You make it sound like I ran away with my tail between my legs!! :lol

I'm not afraid to race anyone cuz losing isn't a big deal as long as we are apples to apples!!

Glenn, I think your creations are fantastic and 'Blacula' will be sweet!!

I still think I'd have a chance being the first outing in a new car with mongo HP on stock tires!! You are a good driver but this ain't my first dance either!!

650 vs 420 ............... could be fun!!

Ken

I don't see Glenn's name anywhere in the first set of posts before Glenn's :ack

Ah Glenn, when you started pulling out the Benjamins I said I'd run you if you ran on stock tires just like I would have to!! Then you talked about having to change from the E/T's to stockers and the time and yada yada yada!!

That is when the subject changed! You make it sound like I ran away with my tail between my legs!! :lol

I'm not afraid to race anyone cuz losing isn't a big deal as long as we are apples to apples!!

Glenn, I think your creations are fantastic and 'Blacula' will be sweet!!

I still think I'd have a chance being the first outing in a new car with mongo HP on stock tires!! You are a good driver but this ain't my first dance either!!

650 vs 420 ............... could be fun!!

Ken

I think that the moral of the story is that we are all friends here. Slightly competitive, but friends none the less.