NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

6th Annual Gila Bend Cruise

Desertdawg

Dah, I didn't pack them so we'll just sit ON your car :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

No I have a short stick you can sit on instead....

About 60 pounds of BBQ beef cooked.

25 pounds of potatoes for the potato salad all done.

1 huge slow roaster of chili beans ready.

and 4 double trays of brownies ready.....

Anyone hungry????

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• Big Poppa

• Bigfoot

Be sure to bring your folding chairs....

Dah, I didn't pack them so we'll just sit ON your car :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

I would think you could afford two WalMart lawn chairs with all those winnings, eh?

I"ll hold on to them until your next trip.

Be sure to bring your folding chairs....

I would think you could afford two WalMart lawn chairs with all those winnings, eh?

I"ll hold on to them until your next trip.

He can put them in that RV he's buying with Karen's money :lol

That's nice of you Rich. You can hold them with the big screen tv you're holding for me now. :lol:lol:lol This isn't Yuma so Walmart isn't open at 6 a.m. I'll drive down some side streets and borrow a couple. :black vette::burnout:eddie2::eddie2::eddie2:

John, there is a 24 hour WalMart across the street to the east from the Lowes. If you get there early, you can snag some chairs before we leave.

Ted

Breakfast with BLEW X U at 6:00 - Heads or tails? You lose Karen no breaky for you. j/k :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Thanks we'll see if we can get there in time before we go.

Well just dryed off IT GOES but got that feeling I'll be washing her in Gila Bend in beer! Hope that got a store that sells it. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Hey Dwayne thanks some for putting this on the food was outstanding. Hope we didn't cause you too much trouble with the townfolk. Hope you have a great birthday! Thanks again.

As always it was great talking with ya'll and putting a name with a face hope everyone gets home safe.

:burnout:burnout:3gears::scareddriver::black vette::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave3::wave3::wave3::wave3::wave1::wave1::wave1::rockon2:

Hope we didn't cause you too much trouble with the townfolk.

Well, that depends on what time you left and which house the townfolk live in...

I only got paper no wood. :banghead much deserved though. The Officers were very pleasant and understanding. I chose to speed (97) and I will pay the price.

Karen and I want to thank everyone who attended it was great to meet the people behind the names. Dwayne thank you and yours and the other ACE members who worked so hard to put this together.

Hope we didn't cause you too much trouble with the townfolk.

Well, that depends on what time you left and which house the townfolk live in...

Fail.jpg

First of all I want to thank everyone who assisted me when I got stupid and messed my car up. I am home now and it drove ok on the way home, though the steering wheel was not centered but off to the right. I have a ice pack on my forehead because after I got home and looked at my baby I started banging my head on the wall....STOOPID me, cold tires and not having enough sense to get off of it. Oh well, after stopping at the Texaco to get the stones and "wood" out from the wheel and bead of the tire (tires are ok but the rims look curbed). Special thanks to Yuma Rich and Janie who followed me home to make sure I got here ok. Dwayne, I owe you one for the assit with the tow truck driver getting me out of there. Thanks again, dazed and confused in Yuma.

First of all I want to thank everyone who assisted me when I got stupid and messed my car up. I am home now and it drove ok on the way home, though the steering wheel was not centered but off to the right. I have a ice pack on my forehead because after I got home and looked at my baby I started banging my head on the wall....STOOPID me, cold tires and not having enough sense to get off of it. Oh well, after stopping at the Texaco to get the stones and "wood" out from the wheel and bead of the tire (tires are ok but the rims look curbed. Special thanks to Yuma Rich and Janie who followed me home to make sure I got here ok. Dwayne, I owe you one for the assit with the tow truck driver getting me out of there. Thanks again, dazed and confused in Yuma.

Don't beat yourself up too bad. We have all had moments we're not too proud of. Thankfully for me, Chad isn't around when mine happen. :lol

Good news is nobody hurt. Better a bruised ego than a broken {fill in the blank}.

Sorry we missed you all. Next time for sure.

Dave & Jenna

3,503 lbs of trouble

A HUGE thanks to the Tomko family for another great BBQ!! It's always great seeing everyone. :cheers

3,503 lbs of trouble
Don't beat yourself up too bad. We have all had moments we're not too proud of. Thankfully for me, Chad isn't around when mine happen. :lol

Good news is nobody hurt. Better a bruised ego than a broken {fill in the blank}.

:agree Just glad nobody was hurt. Cars and fences can be fixed. Looks like someone was looking out for you.

Robert and Elizabeth

We had a great time today seeing everyone. Except for 2 sacrificial lambs to the LEOs and one other boo boo by Yuma ZO6, it went very well. The food was great and plentiful and the company was spectacular. A very special thanks to Jammye, Dwayne and Rebecca for putting this together for all of us. We felt very relaxed and happy to be a part of this. I am so happy we sang happy birthday to you Dwayne! Your face during the singing was priceless! :wub

Looking forward to next year's event already! :ACE::grphug:

R & E~

Guest racingchester

Thanks to everyone who had a part in putting the event on. It was great to see and meet some new people. Hope to see everyone next year........

Just made it back home after stopping at the car wash to get the Vette washed. It was hard parking a dirty Vette next to all the clean and sharp Vettes.

Thanks to the Tomko family for host the annual Gila Bend cruise BBQ. Great job with all the food and hosting.

Till next time, :3gears:

Phil... :devil

I want to add my Thank You to the Tomko family. The food was delicious, and it turned into a beautiful sunny day in Gila Bend! So sorry to hear of Yuma Tom's incident -- glad no one was hurt! Gwen

:thumbs Tomko family you guys are GREAT! Awesome as always, and so nice to meet new people and sit and chat. So sorry for the few who encountered some problems, I hate seeing that stuff. :eek:willy Glad everyone made it home safe and sound! Now I have to pack my hubby back up as he will leave AGAIN Monday. Bummer, we have so much fun, maybe I can THROW "HIM" in the suitcase and unpack it later Monday night :wub:wub:rolleyes No, wishful thinking! THANKS again guys, so much fun!! :banannadance::banannadance::banannarainbow::partygrnhat:

Thanks to the Tomko's for another excellent event, awesome job!!! :yesnod Johnnie and I had a great time! :thumbs And to the folks that had "technical difficulties" , glad all are well and STILL on the road!!! :3gears: Thanks ACE!!! :ACE:

. Looks like someone was looking out for you.

Yes they were. Really only superficial damage from what I can tell. Front fasica is cracked, lower middle air splitter is toast and some scratches on the drivers side, curb rash on both wheels. These cars are durable!!! Car goes in to the best body shop on Monday (recommended by insurance company).