• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• Big Poppa

• Bigfoot

Assuming I'm an "active" I'm letting you know that I will be unable to attend this GREAT event. Always had a great time on the previous :willy ones, but this one interfers with a golf tournament. :willy

6th Annual

Gila Bend Cruise

Well it's about that time of year again, Gila Bend needs to be invaded by a ton of fiberglass!

This year I'm going to restrict it to active ACE members only.

I feel last year created to much animosity with the huge crowd, so this year it has to be scaled back a little so that we don't lose the close friendships that we have gained all year.

Not sure what defines an "active" member, attended a few meetups this past year and found everyone to be friendly and shared genuine enjoyment of the cars and each others company. We had a nice time at this event last year, but I don't want to step on any toes or feel less than welcome. Y'all have a good time, drive safe and we will see you at other outings hopefully.

Active. I'm 1,632 miles away. I don't get to attend anything where the whole (or part of) the group goes on a cruise. When I posted we would be attending, no one said no so I ran and got our ACE shirts packed first. I'm active in another way and it pizzes some off.

6th Annual

Gila Bend Cruise

Well it's about that time of year again, Gila Bend needs to be invaded by a ton of fiberglass!

This year I'm going to restrict it to active ACE members only.

I feel last year created to much animosity with the huge crowd, so this year it has to be scaled back a little so that we don't lose the close friendships that we have gained all year.

Not sure what defines an "active" member, attended a few meetups this past year and found everyone to be friendly and shared genuine enjoyment of the cars and each others company. We had a nice time at this event last year, but I don't want to step on any toes or feel less than welcome. Y'all have a good time, drive safe and we will see you at other outings hopefully.

PM sent

I'm gonna try to make it - - table for two please. I hope you consider me active. My last major act was flipping all those burgers and dogs with Speedratchet last month. Of course, we messed up and didn't get the note that the lunch had moved to Duncan!! :lol

Hey, anyone setting up a meeting place to caravan down? Like from the north or west of phoenix? I am up here in Chino Valley and would love to caravan.

There will be meeting points announced soon I'm sure. For the westsiders we will probably meet up in the Lowes parking lot I-10 and Dysart, and then head east to meet up the the rest of the bunch @ AZ Mills. Then depart for GB using the southern route this year. It alternates back and fro each year and I believe this is the year for the southern route.

There will be meeting points announced soon I'm sure. For the westsiders we will probably meet up in the Lowes parking lot I-10 and Dysart, and then head east to meet up the the rest of the bunch @ AZ Mills. Then depart for GB using the southern route this year. It alternates back and fro each year and I believe this is the year for the southern route.

Just make sure you turn right and head south before you get to Duncan.

I'm gonna try to make it - - table for two please. I hope you consider me active. My last major act was flipping all those burgers and dogs with Speedratchet last month. Of course, we messed up and didn't get the note that the lunch had moved to Duncan!! :lol

Are we supposed to meet up any place in GB? I know we're to be there around 10:30, but I just don't know where exactly.

Mike :unsure

Last year, we met at Gary's, not sure what the plan is for this year, but I'm sure someone will plan something out, whether it's at Gary's, or the meet up point at I-10/Cortaro.

Guess we should find out if Kwikvet wants to meet up at Cracker Barrel on the way there, which we did last year as well.

EDIT::: A thread for Tucson, southern and eastern and southeastern Arizona peeps to meet for the cruise to the Bend HERE

Are we supposed to meet up any place in GB? I know we're to be there around 10:30, but I just don't know where exactly.

Mike :unsure

Last year, we met at Gary's, not sure what the plan is for this year, but I'm sure someone will plan something out, whether it's at Gary's, or the meet up point at I-10/Cortaro.

Guess we should find out if Kwikvet wants to meet up at Cracker Barrel on the way there, which we did last year as well.

EDIT::: A thread for Tucson, southern and eastern and southeastern Arizona peeps to meet for the cruise to the Bend HERE

Hey Dewey,

Let me know where you want to meet up, not sure about this on with the restrictions being set if we are welcome or not but I will send a pm to dwayne and see what the deal is if not we will see you at the Annual Tucson BBQ in March. Just have not posted the details yet but any ACE member is welcome to attend this one. It will be the same as last year.

See Ya

Just a suggestion, but it may be easier to meet at Wendy's across the freeway so we don't have to do the funny u-turn loop around left turn lane to get back to I-10.

We have 5 corvettes from Yuma planning to depart Love's on 3E at 9:15 am. Hope that some more people from Yuma see this and plan to attend.

There may not be more than 5 corvettes in Yuma....

Wrong, there are a lot of corvettes in Yuma, see them all of the time but can't seem to round them up. I have placed ACE business cards on their windshields when I see a parked one but no response. Any ideas????

Well, I was just breakin yer balls a bit, but...

I've had no more luck here in Tucson doing the same. Leaving cards, or chatting in person. The only time I've found anybody to tag along is when I trip over guys on the Corvette Forum that just haven't heard of ACE.

Well, I was just breakin yer balls a bit, but...

I've had no more luck here in Tucson doing the same. Leaving cards, or chatting in person. The only time I've found anybody to tag along is when I trip over guys on the Corvette Forum that just haven't heard of ACE.

I hear you. Saw a really nice 63 split window coupe a while ago and then "poof" never to be seen again. :banghead

Hiya Dawg,

Please count us in (Adi and Barbara). We will be on the freeways this time; last trip we took to Yuma the GPS had us on a shorter distance highway, but I needed to replace my windshield because of an errant gravel truck rock (that back highway is nothing but a gravel truck route.)

So I count 64 members and 34 vette's in this thread.

Looks like a party to me!!! :partygrnhat:

We should be able to make it too dawg just gotta iron out the sitter plans. :partydance: 1 vette 2 people