NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Topless Cruise

Eddie44

Most of you don't remember but ACE used to have a annual "Topless Cruise". Everyone has to remove or put down their tops during the cruise. If you're in a Z06 then any female passenger has to be topless..... J/K.

One year we met a bunch of the Tucson folks in Picacho at the Dairy Queen. We had over 40 Vettes at that event. Another year we went the back roads to Casa Grande and ate at the Sonic.

I was thinking the Sonic in Casa Grande would be a central meeting place for Tucson, Phoenix and Gila Bend / Yuma.

We will be meeting at the Sonic in Casa Grande at 6:30 on 10/27/07. The Sonic is west of I-10 on Florence Blvd. Below is a map (sorry, maps are duplicate and I don't know how to delete one).

I have talked to the Sonic Management and they welcome our group. They will be giving us 1/2 price drinks all night.

For the Phoenix folks we will be meeting at Cracker Barrel at I-10 and Chandler Blvd (westside) and will cruise down to Casa Grande via the back roads and return via I-10. We will leave Cracker Barrel at 5:30pm sharp. Remember tops down/off and I'll bring a sawsall for you Z06 owners (J/K).

Anyone from Tucson want to step up and plan your meeting & route?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Marana Rich

• 84vette

• Big Poppa

I Love It!!

We had lots of room to squat for a few hours at the Dairy Queen.

I didn't make the Sonic, so what kind of tips are we going to have to leave to take over their place?

Can we meet and eat, then move to an open parking lot somewhere close to BS??

Ken

Can we meet and eat, then move to an open parking lot somewhere close to BS??

Ken

I'm going to contact the Sonic and get their buy in but if they don't like the idea of 30-40 Vettes there all evening then we could probably move to the vacant outlet mall that's just off I-10. There's a big parking lot there and I believe it's all vacant.

Count us as tenative. It's right around Jason's B-day so I don't know when we're celebrating. He's 7 on the 30th.

Tell him you're going to take him on an ACE cruise for his Birthday. We can always find an empty seat for you or Mrs Bigfoot while he rides in your Vette. He'd love it.

October is shaping up for a busy month, 3 big events. I might have to retire just to have time to participate.

Count me in, I want to see the chain saw massacre on the Z06.

Nope. The Z06's top does not come off. They needed it for structural strength according to what I have read. Now, they have been known to delaminate and come off, but that's another story.

Count us as tenative. It's right around Jason's B-day so I don't know when we're celebrating. He's 7 on the 30th.

Tell him you're going to take him on an ACE cruise for his Birthday. We can always find an empty seat for you or Mrs Bigfoot while he rides in your Vette. He'd love it.

He's not big enough to ride behind an air bag...and it's the law.

My C5 had a shutoff in the glovebox.

My C5 had a shutoff in the glovebox.

My S-10 had a shut off on the dash board and the Sierra has one on the rear view mirror...

However, you could see if someone who has a C3/C4 might let him ride with them... :rockon2:

Since this is a special for my 'vert I'll probably make it, but I would prefer the following Sat. We're having a "Buick" car show in Sun Lakes Oct 27.

Sorry, my Vert will be garaged as I'll be a week in Cabo. would love to go though.

You can go on vacation, just leave the car, we will take good care of it.