ACE Poker Run 07 (Toys-4-Tots)

Desertdawg

I'm ready!!!

Here's the info one more time...

Full Route on Google Maps

First cards will be drawn starting at 9:15

Leave time is 9:30

Gary will have lunch around 1:00

We already have some great prizes like Sun's tickets, car covers and floor mats with more to come!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Speedratchet

• Dianne

Robert and Elizabeth

Were bringing the Z. She is used to the rain and dosen't "dissolve" like some snowmen I know. :smilelol

We'll be in the Vette.

Bring your Vette Glenn, you can be the entertainment. We can all watch you slip and slide all over the road. :lol

In case any of you were wondering, New Mexico is cold and rainy this time of year. :smilelol:smilelol

Duncan2.jpg

I was there and I don't have a clue WTF we were.

Dawg can plan a great event, just don't let him lead the way :smilelol :smilelol

Sorry we missed you guys. We'll mail you some burgers though. :P

Just a correction to your statement..... I think it was us that missed you guys :lol

I've got 2 suppositions....

1. I missed something by not making this cruise.

2. I take it someone MADE the left turn at Albuquerque.

OK, I think everyone has had a good laugh, We should let this one fade away.

There's no reason to EVER BRING IT UP AGAIN!!!!

BTW, we just got home, exactly 12 hours after we left.

We'll post all the hands of poker as soon as all the results are in. So far Glenn is still in the lead with trip Q's.

I've got 2 suppositions....

1. I missed something by not making this cruise.

2. I take it someone MADE the left turn at Albuquerque.

damm near close to it

vote here

:lol Hey Gary! Anybody heard from the Phoenix group? Just wondering if they made it back to Arizona. Thanks for the burger and hotdogs, Malcoms on hell of a chef! :cheers

007 :smilelol

No Dawg, it ain't going to go away, not for a while, anyhow.

An interesting day, to say the least. I left my house in Yuma at 5:30 this morning, under a dark heavy cloudy sky. I should have taken that as an omen.

Using my trusty new GPS I purchased as my XMas present, I plugged in Arizona Mills as my destination, and it took me right to the spot. However, I did as someone suggested, and looked for the corvettes and other cars, and couldn't find any. So after driving around the whole complex three times and not finding anyone, I parked by the crazy chicken as R&E suggested, and waited.

Soon R&E showed up, then the rest. I was expecting half a parking lot, got half of one row,.

First mistake of the day, I turned my GPS off, since the route was already mapped out and I wasn't going to be leading.

We waited beyond the scheduled departure in case anyone was slowed up by weather, then pushed off to the Recruiting Station to drop off our toys. After that, off we went, heading due east at a leisurely rate of speed. We managed to keep together despite the A-Holes who insisted on getting in between us or driving at a slow rate of speed in the left lane. I think I convinced the Toyota SUV he needed to stay behind us....

Lots of rain along the way, took a few pics of the clouds and the water on the windshield.

After our scheduled stops along the way, something went wrong. Blame it on the weather or whatever, we missed the RIGHT turn to head south, and kept going east. I mean WAY EAST!

We all assumed that someone else knew the way, so between doing some high speed passes when weather permitted, or worrying about hydroplaning through some of the puddles, it was a while before I got curious, turned on the GPS and plugged in destination TUCSON!. Big shock when it said it was about 158 miles BEHIND me. Then we used those radios for their purpose, to communicate.

After doing the U-Turn, running back up the road to the gas station, I decided it would be wise to split off from the group and head to Sierra Vista, using Route 191. A nice leisurely run through lots of rain at times. Finally hit I-10, and proceeded west, and rain had slowed down a little, and I passed an exotic, couldn't decide what it was, but it had a VS or something like that on the back by the Texas license plate. I did what I had suggested to the others, stopped in Willcox at Mrs. Stout's place, and bought a 10 pound apple pie. And the GPS took me right to my door. (first time I used it coming this way).

That is why I am so content, after we finally got home, I crashed on the couch for a while. I just finshed a nice big bowl of hot apple pie with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, and all is right with the world.

All in all an interesting day. My GPS and my Valentine are my best friends. I will try to remember to make use of them on all future trips.

Glenn, we forgot about the radar cameras on the roads, were there any on our route?

Brian, too bad you didn't make it, you would have had a blast. Pretty scenery up at your place though.

Oh yeah, if you didn't show up and go with us, no comments, please.

Especially from that sun-deprived funny speaking dude north of the northern border of the U.S.!

I have been trying to upload some pics we took today, but photobucket is not my friend tonight. Check back later for the link.

Someone mentioned our next event might be high speed runs on a runway! Can I have some coordinates for that one? I might be able to go faster than 142.

what did I win for two pair A's and K's?

The caption on the picture should have been:

I hope they pick up some fresh green chiles in Hatch NM for the burgers. That will taste good tomorrow when they get here.

M

Someone mentioned our next event might be high speed runs on a runway! Can I have some coordinates for that one? I might be able to go faster than 142.

if thats true i want to be counted in....

Ya... High speed runs, ME TOO!!!! Wish i would have made it, but I'm lost in Texas for work at the moment. I'm resting at a truck stop outside of Ft Stockton. Malcolm, you know where I am... Even getting lost, I'm glad t was good times. I'll do my bestest to catch you all on the next round.

HMMMM, haven't heard about a runway run. I'd like to hear more. I've been wanting to see what I can do in a standing mile or something like that.....

M