NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE Poker Run 07 (Toys-4-Tots)

Desertdawg

Dwayne told me that the run is going to happen rain or shine. I'm trying to come up with an alternate meeting place for the picnic. I'll keep you all posted.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Speedratchet

• Dianne

If Gary can find a suitable place for lunch, I don't have a problem if people show up in there daily drivers (If it rains).

We will be in our vette, I already checked it with the garden hose, it doesn't melt!!!

OR

We can postpone this for now. I think it's up to Gary at this point because I'm sure has already stocked up for the cookout.

If Gary can find a suitable place for lunch, I don't have a problem if people show up in there daily drivers (If it rains).

We will be in our vette, I already checked it with the garden hose, it doesn't melt!!!

OR

We can postpone this for now. I think it's up to Gary at this point because I'm sure has already stocked up for the cookout.

I also have the park reserved for next weekend if we decide to slip this one weekend. The food has been purchased, so we'll have to have a picnic sooner or later. :burnout2

Forecast for Phoenix, AZ

Today 11/28/07

Partly sunny. Highs 68 to 73. Light wind.

Tonight

Mostly cloudy. Lows 46 to 54. North wind 5 to 15 mph in the evening...becoming northeast after midnight.

Thursday

Partly sunny. Highs 70 to 75. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph in the morning...becoming southwest in the afternoon.

Thursday Night

Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers after midnight. Lows 47 to 56. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph in the evening...becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of showers 10 percent.

Friday

Cloudy. Chance of showers in the morning...then showers likely in the afternoon. Highs 66 to 71. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of showers 60 percent.

Friday Night

Showers likely. Lows in the upper 40s to upper 50s. Chance of showers 60 percent.

Saturday

Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid to upper 60s.

Saturday Night

Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Cooler. Lows in the lower 40s to lower 50s.

Sunday

Partly sunny. Highs in the mid to upper 60s.

Sunday Night

Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s to upper 40s.

Monday

Sunny...warmer. Highs in the lower 70s.

Monday Night and Tuesday

Clear. Lows in the upper 30s to upper 40s. Highs in the lower to mid 70s.

:cool 40% chance rain Tucson on Saturday, 60% Friday. Dewey I don't think we will head to Phoenix for the porker run but will still head to where ever Gary says for the picnic and toy delivery. Rain, sleet or hail the toys have to get through! :crazy

007 :ACE:

Because of the bad weather forecast we are moving the Poker Run to Saturday, Dec 8th. On that day, the final destination, the Tucson Burger Burn, will be at the Elks Lodge, located at 1800 N Oracle Rd, Tucson AZ 85705-6445. This location will give us a little more flexibility since we will have access to their indoor dining area. We're sorry we had to make the change, but hopefully we will have better weather and more participation. Dwayne will post the changes to the route. If you will please verify that you will be attending on December 8, we will make sure we buy enough food for everyone!

Elks Lodge Map

Maybe we should do the Dec lunch at Joe's BBQ lunch on the Dec 1st instead of Dec 8th. At least it's an indoor activity.

Because of the bad weather forecast we are moving the Poker Run to Saturday, Dec 8th. On that day, the final destination, the Tucson Burger Burn, will be at the Elks Lodge, located at 1800 N Oracle Rd, Tucson AZ 85705-6445. This location will give us a little more flexibility since we will have access to their indoor dining area. We're sorry we had to make the change, but hopefully we will have better weather and more participation. Dwayne will post the changes to the route. If you will please verify that you will be attending on December 8, we will make sure we buy enough food for everyone!

Elks Lodge Map

Sorry, Marsha and I have other plans for the 8th. :banghead

Next time,

Glenn & Marsha

Well, now I can't make it. :banghead

I'm in the same boat. This is the only weekend I have off till the end of December. So I guess you can count me out on this one. Man, I was so looking forward to this so we could meet some of you. Maybe next time. Sorry. I suppose Big Earl's will get rained out as well!!!

stab.gif

Yep, sorry to say but the poker run has been changed to the 8th.

Hopefully this doesn't cause to much problem with the ACE Saturday lunch planned, but it was the only Sat. that Gary could get the Elks lodge...

The 8th will be rain or shine, so drive your vette if you want, or you can drive your daily driver if you want, attendance is what matters..

We are also going to drop off the toys ourselves at the Marine Corps drop off on Dobson. I will post a new map shortly.

With this being on the 8th I am now questionable and Stacie is a no go. Girls have dance performances that day. I'll see what I can do.

NEW ROUTE POSTED!!!

Full Route on Google Maps

First cards will be drawn starting at 9:15

Leave time is 9:30

Gary will have lunch around 1:00

We already have some great prizes like Sun's tickets, car covers and floor mats with more to come!!!

When: Saturday Dec, 8th

Where: Phoenix to Tucson

Cost: $10.00 per hand (proceeds to pay for lunch, the rest will be donated to Toy-4-Tots)

This is our first poker run since Bryan left, and there has been some interest in having another one, so here it is...

Please bring at least one toy to donate to the Marine Corps Toys-4-Tots, We will be stopping at the Marine Corps collection station point to accept them, and draw our second card.

Robert and Elizabeth
NEW ROUTE POSTED!!!

Full Route on Google Maps

First cards will be drawn starting at 9:15

Leave time is 9:30

Gary will have lunch around 1:00

We already have some great prizes like Sun's tickets, car covers and floor mats with more to come!!!

When: Saturday Dec, 8th

Where: Phoenix to Tucson

Cost: $10.00 per hand (proceeds to pay for lunch, the rest will be donated to Toy-4-Tots)

This is our first poker run since Bryan left, and there has been some interest in having another one, so here it is...

Please bring at least one toy to donate to the Marine Corps Toys-4-Tots, We will be stopping at the Marine Corps collection station point to accept them, and draw our second card.

Shouldn't the date be changed to the 8th Dawg or are there going to be 2 runs to Tucson with the lunch being on the 8th? Do I need to change the December lunch back to the 1st at Joe's BBQ? Aargh!!! :ken:

edited the date...

Sorry for the move (again) if the weather would cooperate things would be easier!!!

I just talked to Glenn, here's the latest info for the Toys 4 Tots:

They are expecting us, and will be taking pictures. Plus the possibility of one of the news channels on site too!!!

What happened to the news personality that signed up here? Would be cool to have him involved too!

I just talked to Glenn, here's the latest info for the Toys 4 Tots:

They are expecting us, and will be taking pictures. Plus the possibility of one of the news channels on site too!!!

What happened to the news personality that signed up here? Would be cool to have him involved too!

How do you want the Tucson members to donate who are not going on the run?

Glenn will be with us, I figured we can bring them back and he can haul them over to the drop off on monday.

Unless someone has a better idea?

I just picked up a great basket of goodies from Joe (sloryde) at Classic Gold. Some great gift certificates, car care products and Corvette apparel all in a gift basket. I only post this because then it will have to make it into the prize pool. Very generous Joe!

Glenn will be with us, I figured we can bring them back and he can haul them over to the drop off on monday.

Unless someone has a better idea?

Works for me.

I just picked up a great basket of goodies from Joe (sloryde) at Classic Gold. Some great gift certificates, car care products and Corvette apparel all in a gift basket. I only post this because then it will have to make it into the prize pool. Very generous Joe!

That's great!