May ACE luncheon on May 6th at noon

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

PS-Remember, this is for SUNDAY, not SATURDAY.

Hello everyone!

Well, it is getting to be that time of month to plan next month's luncheon. I am wanting to have it on the westsiiide this time for you westsiders. It has been suggested to me by Tanya (she is doing fine, just busy as HELL!) that we have it at Famous Sams on 57th ave and Bell (behind Lonestar Steakhouse).

The ACE luncheon is always the first Saturday of the month. So, it looks like it will be on May 6th at noon. I know this is also Cinco de Mayo, but we are meeting at noon, which is early enough in the day for those of you that want to go celebrate the holiday afterwards.

So, how does everyone feel about Famous Sams? Should I start the count and have Andrew make it a sticky and move it to the calendar?

May 6th Sunday lunch at Famous Sams.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert and Elizabeth

• anmracing2

• Eddie44

• GarAB13

Robert and Elizabeth

:D Ok, looks like it's on. Everyone who is going to go please give me the number in your party and how many Vettes please. You know the drill! :thumbs

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Elizabeth

Edit: Lunch has been changed to SUNDAY May 6th. Please make note of this when signing up. Thanks!

Not sure if I can make that one yet. Anyways, I'll need to rest up for the pic posting party afterwards...Sherry, are you going to take pics? :smilelol Doh! J/K :D

Robert and Elizabeth
I'm "Go for Launch"...I mean lunch. :yesnod Robert 1 vette, 1 person :burnout

I've got you listed! :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth
We would be there if we didn't have to work. :toetap

:( We will certainly miss you two.

Guest Kens06
Hello everyone!

Well, it is getting to be that time of month to plan next month's luncheon. I am wanting to have it on the westsiiide this time for you westsiders. It has been suggested to me by Tanya (she is doing fine, just busy as HELL!) that we have it at Famous Sams on 57th ave and Bell (behind Lonestar Steakhouse).

The ACE luncheon is always the first Saturday of the month.

OK, here I am again stirring up trouble!!

The lunch was created as a prelude to 'The Pavillions' parking lot car show with Corvettes having the first two rows!! We meet, eat lunch then caravan to the parking lot en masse as a club!!

It was also usually held at a Hooter's location or Corvette oriented establishment!!

Since the primary reason for the gathering has changed, why can't the day be rotated between Sat and Sun to

accomodate the maximum number of attendees??

Ken

Guest UVETTYA

Ken, you damn troublemaker! :lol

J/K! :D

OK, here's my nickel...

The club will evolve as members come and go and the traditions we keep will most likely be determined by participation. If no one cares to show up at the Pavillions anymore then that tradition will die. If enough care about it, then it will continue. I guess you'll just have to speak up about stuff like this if it means enough to you, like you're doing Ken. If you think this is an A.C.E. tradition that should be kept, then promote it as such. :thumbs

And after reading your post again, it looks like you would rather see more participants if it means fore-going the Saturday Pavillions tradition. I'm for that myself, but only for selfish reasons. ML and I have to work every Saturday. :huh If these were Sunday events, we'd prolly attend every one.

Guest UVETTYA
If these were Sunday events, we'd prolly attend every one.

I just love quoting myself. :lol

It just occured to me - we COULD have both. One for the Pavillions crowd on Saturday and one for the Sunday crowd. I guess the way we do things in A.C.E. is for someone to set up a Sunday brunch, no? :cool

Robert and Elizabeth

If you want to change the May lunch to Sunday, May 6, that is ok with us. If this means more people would attend, then we are all for it. We do not attend the Pavillions shows, so it makes no difference to us. So, everyone chime in and let us know Saturday or Sunday for May.

If we do end up having 2 lunches (Sat & Sun), I will set up the Sunday one.

E~

I am of the belief that about 30% still frequent the Pavillions. I'd vote for an occasional Sunday brunch but if we do that then we're going to have to put up with Steve all the time. I thought that's why we did it on Sat all the time :lol:lol

I don't mind doing Hooters once in awhile but I know from talking to others that there are females (members and wives) who don't appreciate that atmosphere. I personally would step up and say I think the atmosphere and waitress outfits are very outdated. The food is expensive and marginal quality.

As my kids would say, I'm down for whatever. :D

Guest Kens06
Ken, you damn troublemaker! :lol

J/K! :D

And after reading your post again, it looks like you would rather see more participants if it means fore-going the Saturday Pavillions tradition. I'm for that myself, but only for selfish reasons. ML and I have to work every Saturday. :huh If these were Sunday events, we'd prolly attend every one.

Hey Einstein!!

Yes, I was lobbying for a change of tradition since that tradition has subsided!

ACE is about getting people with a common interest together.

First of the month is no longer a prelude to the Pav's. People that attend that function will do it regardless of the lunch.

I'm not lobbying for Hooter's either!

I like the diversity of venues!!

I'm just saying a weekend is two days and I don't see a problem alternating days like we move locations!!

Ken

:lol:lol:lol OK Tom, I will have my camera for Tucson BBQ for sure and then I will have to do a beer run and get you over here to HELP! I may have to feed you too since last time I was WAY PAST my bed time :drinkers:cfdeadagain
Not sure if I can make that one yet. Anyways, I'll need to rest up for the pic posting party afterwards...Sherry, are you going to take pics? :smilelol Doh! J/K :D

Robert and Elizabeth

So, lets do a Sunday lunch instead then. This would make it a date of May 6 at noon instead of May 5. The slate is cleaned off.

Everyone who is going to attend the Sunday lunch at Famous Sams at 57th ave and Bell please chime in and tell me how many in your party and how many Vettes. As usual, you know the drill. :D

So, lets do a Sunday lunch instead then. This would make it a date of May 6 at noon instead of May 5. The slate is cleaned off.

Everyone who is going to attend the Sunday lunch at Famous Sams at 57th ave and Bell please chime in and tell me how many in your party and how many Vettes. As usual, you know the drill. :D

I think you could likely count AnM in for a Sunday - May 6th. and Famous Sam's really feeds you!

So 2 peeps, 1 car

M~

Let me know if I need to make May 6th an alternate lunch on the calendar for those of us who have to work Saturday?

If Melissa says were are in for the May 6th lunch, then we are in for the May 6th lunch...... :D

Andrew

Robert and Elizabeth

Andrew, could you change the calendar to May 6th instead of the 5th so our members don't get confused. The sticky needs to be changed also. :thumbs

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, here is the list for the May 6th Sunday lunch at Famous Sams.

For sure going list:

Robert and Elizabeth...............................2 people.........................1 Vette

Andrew and Melissa (anmracing)..............2 people.........................1 Vette

Robert (Quiktrip)....................................1 person.........................1 Vette

Steve and Marylou (UVETTYA).................2 people..........................1 Black Vette

Randy and Maureen (AZBuckeye)............2 people..........................1 Vette

Molly (Sniff)...........................................1 person..........................1 vehicle

Maybe going list:

Eddie (Eddie44)

Sean (Bigfoot99)

Tom (Buccaneer)