2013 ACE Auto X at Bondurant 11/09

Desertdawg

Thank you for allowing us non-Corvette drivers, it was a lot of fun!

So you don't have your C5 any more?

Looks like it was a blast!

Wished we could have made it...

I know she doesn't troll forums too often so I'll answer for her.

She still has it.

It's currently being worked on.

I do have it!! It's awaiting a new engine (spun a rod bearing in the old one). Hope to have it back out and on the track by spring. :) Watching everyone out on the course in their C5's and C6's made me miss it that much more. I'm hoping that once it's up and running you guys will put on another event down at Inde. :checkerdflag: That track is amazing!!

Again, thank you all for allowing us to join in on your fun event this last weekend, we really appreciated it!

Thank you Valerie, for having my back. ;) She's correct, I'm not on the forums very often!

post-2176-0-08038200-1384132538_thumb.jp

I do have it!! It's awaiting a new engine (spun a rod bearing in the old one). Hope to have it back out and on the track by spring. :) Watching everyone out on the course in their C5's and C6's made me miss it that much more. I'm hoping that once it's up and running you guys will put on another event down at Inde. :checkerdflag: That track is amazing!! Again, thank you all for allowing us to join in on your fun event this last weekend, we really appreciated it! Thank you Valerie, for having my back. ;) She's correct, I'm not on the forums very often!
Glad to here its still around! I think the last time I saw it I still had my silver mustang.

It was a lot of fun, hopefully we can get the big track at some point! Really enjoyed this!

Hopefully next time we can bring both cars.

Thanks again Dawg and Donna... you look scary when your chewing ass :LolLol:

It was a lot of fun, hopefully we can get the big track at some point! Really enjoyed this! Hopefully next time we can bring both cars. Thanks again Dawg and Donna... you look scary when your chewing ass :LolLol:

That little car of yours was smoking quite a bit as you left. You didn't hurt it did you?

I will post the times below and in the first post of this thread. But first some notes: Remember, this was with stop watches and all times are NOT exact. Plus I think a bunch of times were missed or not written down, I had 7 runs with passengers and at least 5 without, but there are only 7 times with my number, so dont get mad if you think something is missing help me figure out a better way to record the times.... I saw lots of smiles, please let me know if I missed something so we can improve for the next time. Sorry it ended early, I hope everyone felt it was worth the cost... and yes the Bondurant track was limited, if we use it again I will improve both the length and the flow... Now here is the data. Car# / name - worst - best - #of runs 1 Donna 100.35 - 100.62 - 7 2 Eric 102.35 - 57.22 - 8 3 Dan C 113.57 - 101.75 - 8 4 Brenda 58.80 - 56.10 - 5 5 Sean 101.88 - 100.70 - 10 6 josh 106.87 - 58.70 - 8 7 BadBob 114.74 - 108.59 - 5 8 Ted 59.88 - 59.33 - 2 9 GaryH 103.76 - 102.44 - 5 10 Glenn 104.50 - 58.38 - 9 11 Dale (p) 107.92 - 104.50 - 8 12 Dan E 105.85 - 103.14 - 8 13 Chad 101.73 - 58.50 - 8 14 Jim (flyLo) 105.96 - 101.39 - 5 15 Scott 103.00 - 58.81 - 9 16 Skye 113.45 - 101.62 - 5 17 Ken 106.35 - 103.22 - 10 18 Dale (u) 105.35 - 59.00 - 7 19 Rick 111.24 - 101.36 - 7 20 KC 102.24 - 53.74 - 6 21 Valerie 59.62 - 57.91 - 10 22 MikeT 104.51 - 100.26 - 9 23 Lon 109.83 - 102.23 - 5 24 Elliot 106.33 - 103.75 - 5 25 John 108.91 - 105.00 - 4 26 Keith 103.55 - 59.58 - 9 27 Vern 57.04 - 56.22 - 8 28 Fred 58.89 - 55.59 - 11 29 Remy 111.22 - 105.75 - 6 30 Alex 104.93 - 54.71 - 12 31 Dawg 59.19 - 57.04 - 7 32 Jim 106.01 - 101.71 - 3

I know you missed one or two. I had one 59.9 and my last run Donna had me down for a 57.91 :toetap:lol And if I didn't have that damned A4 trans I would have been quite a bit faster. :banghead

nice video Sean, I can't wait for James to post the 2 he filmed during his ride.

I'll look thru the time papers again, I can send you some scans of them if you want...

Like I said, they are a mess this time, we need a better system.

Thanks Dawg. That's my first two attempts with a crappy computer. I'm going to try and update to something better soon and I want my own GoPro now. Wonder how cheap I can find one.

nice video Sean, I can't wait for James to post the 2 he filmed during his ride.

I'll look thru the time papers again, I can send you some scans of them if you want...

Like I said, they are a mess this time, we need a better system.

Donna has always been the point helper on this as far as timing and recording, she of course was tending to her daughter up in Vegas.

There has to be a way to automate this, at least partially. I would've thought Bondurant could've offered up some time keeping/scoring equipment? I'd be shocked if they don't have something like that

I don't think so Jim. They run the course with two cars on track and gave us the clipboard with 2 stop watches on it. I didn't see anything on course that would allow for electronic timing.

Hey Dawg,

Suggestions for next time:

1) Move the stopwatch 'start' point to be at the starting line when the starter tells the car "GO";

2) Move the stopwatch 'stop' point to a location easier for the timing person to see;

3) Ask for timing volunteers to commit in advance; (Jammye should not get stuck with this job);

4) If the approach to the start is such that the timing person can’t see the passenger side of the car, then you need a second volunteer to give the timing person the number of the car. When I was timing at the end of the day, I was running the stopwatches and Jammye was giving me the car numbers as they rolled up. This worked really well because it allowed me to concentrate on watching the cars that were running and starting the next car at the right time.

Just my :2cents

I should have hauled-ass up there....I was off work, but I don't have a helmet, so I didn't even think about it. If something similar happens next time, and I'm not at work, I'll help with timing!

I should have hauled-ass up there....I was off work, but I don't have a helmet, so I didn't even think about it. If something similar happens next time, and I'm not at work, I'll help with timing!

Bondurant has helmets available for use, no charge. Also, some peeps brought extras for others to use. . .

Would be great if you could make it next time! :thumbs

Bondurant has helmets available for use, no charge. Also, some peeps brought extras for others to use. . .

Would be great if you could make it next time! :thumbs

Next time, I hope to have a helmet of my own.... :whacky001:

I didn't realize the timers would be standing on the wrong side, but if I had put the number on the left side we would have had a lot more cones hit :lol

Wished I could've attended this year. Glad to see so many get out and drive there cars !!!!

Guest badbobs95

I know I had the wrong tires on my car. Michelin run flats fairly new and all I got was tire-spin constantly. These things don't hook up at all. I almost did a complete 360 in turn #1 and had my foot off the gas. I'll know better the next time. I thought 345's would grip better, NOT!