NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2013 ACE Auto X at Bondurant 11/09

Desertdawg

Looks like a great turn out. I may have to make the next one to at least watch.

For all the people looking to do a big track, we have a Dec 14th Inde Event coming up. Small groups lots of track time.

It was a lot of fun, hopefully we can get the big track at some point! Really enjoyed this! Hopefully next time we can bring both cars. Thanks again Dawg and Donna... you look scary when your chewing ass :LolLol:

That little car of yours was smoking quite a bit as you left. You didn't hurt it did you?

I noticed that too quite embarrassing.

Toyota/Scion claims its just a PCV Breather malfunction they are taking care of it Wednesday along with its first oil change from hitting 5000 miles. It did it twice yesterday I think it was mainly if I did not let it run after pushing it on the track if I did it seemed fine.

Supposedly this is a common issue for Subaru motors because of the head placement making it easier for the PCV system to suck oil from the Valve Cover. I will be working on a catch can setup for it before the next time I run it to see if that is indeed the issue. It has not smoked on me after that but then I have not run it around a course of any type since then.

I had an awesome time, thanks to the ACE Team for putting this together for everyone.

Dale your link looks to be bad :(

Fixed

I had an awesome time, thanks to the ACE Team for putting this together for everyone.

Fixed

All I get is google home page requiring me to sign in???????

Fixed

All I get is google home page requiring me to sign in???????

X2 :(

ok trying again.

Yes, I talk to myself when driving, but my son is in the car, he never joins the conversation I have with myself.

Tim was having issues, running hot and had street brake pads on the car. He is normally much faster than me. He may have just set his cruise control. I thought I heard he was texting while driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bloT6eLFLc&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 1

saleeninvader

Hey guys, it was great meeting several of you at the event and Thanks for letting a "mustang" guy come and play too. I learned 3 things about my car, 1) Street tires suck with 540hp, 2) Mustangs were not built to corner, 3) Mustangs were not built to brake. I had a blast and was a very enjoyable first racing experience.

My suggestion:

The line of cars was incredibly annoying and kept me from getting to watch much of the other drivers while constantly having to move my car. It would have worked well to have 3 lines side by side with 10ish cars in each. That way you could stay in your line, park your car until your line begins moving and get to enjoy watching 20+ cars at a time. Having to constantly move the car 4-5 lengths forward was horrible.

Again, thanks for everything guys, not too sure how well I will stay up with the forum, but thanks for having me.

-That guy with a Saleen Mustang on a Corvette Forum-

e.

My suggestion:

The line of cars was incredibly annoying and kept me from getting to watch much of the other drivers while constantly having to move my car. It would have worked well to have 3 lines side by side with 10ish cars in each. That way you could stay in your line, park your car until your line begins moving and get to enjoy watching 20+ cars at a time. Having to constantly move the car 4-5 lengths forward was horrible.

great suggestion!

we talked about that same idea too.

in short this is the first time with this track, instructors, boundurant and this setup.

...while good these was room for improvement in the pacing.

just like 3+ years ago we have to make refinements for the better experience the following year.

Ok, here's cropped/edited vid of easy_rider tearing up the course, showing his mad drifting skills(and inspiring I must say). Because I zoomed-in/cropped the shot, the resolution is low. Stupid youtube-intuitive is trying to auto-fix/edit the video.

clicky the pic. This one is the updated HD version with audio.

Posted Image

Hang tight Dawg, I'm working on our runs-vid.

Chad, that sig looks maavelous. The photog's got skillz. :thumbs

My suggestion:

The line of cars was incredibly annoying -

This was the first time we had the wait line problem, nobody parked????

usually theres 4 or 5 in line and everyone else is parked to BS, then you jump in line to do a few runs then park to BS some more.

I thought we were going to go by car #. I parked and figured I would get in line behind car 17 ( I was #18). Then figured out If you didn't get in line you were out. So, we had to stand near the car so we could pull it foward when needed.

Not an issue, except it cut down on the relaxing and B.S. It meant I basically only talked to those who were near me in line.

I BS'd and someone moved my car for me... took that as a hint I should stop walking away from my car it looked like one of the F-Bodies was not happy with me for doing so.

Had a fun time blasting around the cones with you all. My quickest times were at the very beginning, as the tire & track temps came up, the handling went away and I slowed about 2 seconds for the rest of the day. It was fun letting it hang out little here and there as well :bannana4:

VenomOnWheels

I BS'd and someone moved my car for me...

Sorry about that scratch on the door sill, cookie crumbs on the seat, and coffee stain in the carpet.

I BS'd and someone moved my car for me...

Sorry about that scratch on the door sill, cookie crumbs on the seat, and coffee stain in the carpet.

Its ok I left the rocks in my Exhaust just for Dawg.

Here's the first run with Dwayne.

Posted Image

That's cool James, and while not a fast time, adding the spin in there was fun Huh?

Yeah, that's it... It did it on purpose. :lol

By the way, when do we get to do this again?

Hopefully soon.... We are talking about the ACE C7 test drive day... More info when I get it...