2013 ACE Auto X at Bondurant 11/09

Desertdawg

I have been invited to the race and am planning on attending. Although I'm a traitor and now drive a FFR AC Cobra Roadster, I did own a 64 Stingray and 67 Stingray in my younger days. So, perhaps I can be partially accepted.

If this is the car I'm thinking of (saw you at the Tour Event in San Diego) This thing is a freaking beast!

I was in San Diego, running last in my class, as usual. The car has a small block ford (302) stroked to a 347, T5 Trans, 8.8 rear end with Torsen 2tr, Ohlin TTX shocks, aerospace 4 piston calipers, 315 front 335 rear tires, blah blah blah and all my money. Thanks for the replies. This probably the first time I've ever posted something and it was hard for me to figure out how to reply. I am a member of FFCARS.com and a local Utah Cobra Club, but have never been to an event because our SCCA season is always conflicting with their schedule. I sold my 64 Stingray for $900 to buy and Opel Station Wagon per wife's instructions that I had to become a family man. The 67 with a big block (427 bored to 454) was stolen. I wish I had the insight to have kept the 64. I would have been a winner on all accounts: I would have the 64 and wouldn't have the wife.

Guest badbobs95

If I can still walk, I'm goin! I learned how to drift the hard way, in the snow and ice. What a blast.

I've been told how incredibly stupid it would be for me to do this. Normally that would be right up my alley but this time I'd better listen. Maybe I'll just come out and watch everybody have a blast. :at wits end:

If I can still walk, I'm goin! I learned how to drift the hard way, in the snow and ice. What a blast.

I've been told how incredibly stupid it would be for me to do this. Normally that would be right up my alley but this time I'd better listen. Maybe I'll just come out and watch everybody have a blast. :at wits end:
Say what? Why can't you drive?

More importantly, why did Bob quote himself?

That one I get...it's Bob. :lol

Great!! I invited Vern to come along, and I see that he already introduced himself. :) His car is completely bad-ass and lust worthy. ;)

I did want to mention that I may not be able to join in, my shoulder is messed up and there is a chance I will be going under the knife. In return for my potential absence, I have fronted not one replacement, but TWO, as my husband will also be attending to tune several cars.

Is this where I put in their sandwich orders? :P

If your sending your husband then you should make his sammies before you go to the doctors... make extra's for us to :thumbs

Wow, so my licensed 17 year old can't come? That blows.

Sorry Sean, I don't know if this is an insurance issue or what...

Elliot, just bring the rice and the red head.

Guest badbobs95

Stupid is as stupid does. I made that up.

If your sending your husband then you should make his sammies before you go to the doctors... make extra's for us to :thumbs

Ha, ha! If I'm down for the count, he'll be busy making me sandwiches! And tuning my car for me. Hmmm, maybe this isn't such a bad gig after all?

Oh geeze... Fred is coming?... well the goes the neighborhood :wink:

Alex, you still better bring your helmet... It's time I return the favor for getting flung around in the lotus in Marana... :devilwinking:

Please count me in. I'll have to knock the rust off to run though. The Corvette is not rusty, just me, I haven't run a Solo 2 event in a few years. Looking forward to the autocross.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hey Dwag, does someone have a map for the course? I need to learn how to drive again :) I checked the website and the only courses that show up are the classes they offer...hahahaha

My attendance is now in jeopardy. I have an idler pulley screaming like crazy and I can't drive the car like this. I'm going to try and get it replaced this week...but it's a serious pain in the ass to replace.

That sucks. Hope you can get it fixed in time!

If not, bring the wife's mini van. . . :scareddriver::bolt:

It will definitely be the fastest minivan present on the Autocross!

Glenn, I added you to the list :thumbs DanC. Just google map Bondurant driving school, zoom in and look just north of the main office, sorry I can't link to it right now. Sean, hope you can Get it fixed in time.

Dawg, are we going to be able to extend the course to the west onto the skid pad area?

I thought that was mentioned at some point as a possibility. . .

O'Reilly has one....hoping to get it done today. :xfinger

I'm in wrench mode today too, hoping just the radiator drain valve and not the side tank. Cheers man!

O'Reilly has one....hoping to get it done today. :xfinger

I'm in wrench mode today too, hoping just the radiator drain valve and not the side tank. Cheers man!
I'm done. Back and ready to tear some tires up. Jim, if it's the coolant reservoir tank, it's an easy R&R. Problem would be finding one. When I got mine yesterday, they said it was the only one in town and would take until Tuesday to ship in.

Dawg, are we going to be able to extend the course to the west onto the skid pad area?

I thought that was mentioned at some point as a possibility. . .

Yes, the plan all along has been to extend Bondurants course out around the skidpad.

I have a couple of ideas to look at when I set it up.

DanC, heres a link to a view of the track that we will use. http://goo.gl/maps/zBjHO