NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Prescott Corvette Car Show

vette4lyn

As of today we have 7 spots left and 300 people for the Friday night dinner! Should be a blast!!! :banannarainbow: Lyn

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vette4lyn

• wickedfastvette

• Grape Ape

• C4orce2

There will be about 6 cars coming from Yuma for the day on Saturday. Plan on arriving after 10. Looking for recommendation on where we can park, preferably together. Not registering the cars for the show.

There will be about 6 cars coming from Yuma for the day on Saturday. Plan on arriving after 10. Looking for recommendation on where we can park, preferably together. Not registering the cars for the show.

Side streets are the best option... or several blocks away is the Albertson's shopping center at Montezuma and Sheldon. A few blocks to walk but you would be parked all together.

Lyn

wickedfastvette

Rich, Prescott is going to be so packed, not sure where you will park especially after 10 and probably wont be able to park together, I live here and its hard to find a parking spot on a regular weekend let alone one with a big event , one of the reasons I enter the show just so I can park my car lol.

Rich, Prescott is going to be so packed, not sure where you will park especially after 10 and probably wont be able to park together, I live here and its hard to find a parking spot on a regular weekend let alone one with a big event , one of the reasons I enter the show just so I can park my car lol.

Even paid parking?

wickedfastvette

Even paid parking?

Not sure Rich, the last 2 big events (one this past weekend) there were several spots that had paid parking ranging from $5-20.00 you might get lucky if they do it again next weekend, If it looks like they are going to do it saturday ( I will check and see if they are setting up friday) I will let you know.

Even paid parking?

Not sure Rich, the last 2 big events (one this past weekend) there were several spots that had paid parking ranging from $5-20.00 you might get lucky if they do it again next weekend, If it looks like they are going to do it saturday ( I will check and see if they are setting up friday) I will let you know.

thx

If the sponsors were using their heads they'd have one level of the parking garage set aside for Corvette parking. I'll bet 25+ percent of the non participants are Vette owners. They could even charge more if we knew there'd be another Vette parking next to us, not a redneck cowboy in his 4x4 p/u.

We have been trying to find out from the city if they are charging for the parking garage but have not heard back yet. No body ever calls you back from the city... :banghead They will most likely charge the $5 rate again this year. That is the only paid parking that I am aware of for this next weekend. Lyn

If the sponsors were using their heads they'd have one level of the parking garage set aside for Corvette parking. I'll bet 25+ percent of the non participants are Vette owners. They could even charge more if we knew there'd be another Vette parking next to us, not a redneck cowboy in his 4x4 p/u.

YOU need to work for the city... I would pay big bucks to have other vettes parking next to me! That is if you are not parking in the show. :edward:

Lyn

We have been trying to find out from the city if they are charging for the parking garage but have not heard back yet. No body ever calls you back from the city... :banghead They will most likely charge the $5 rate again this year. That is the only paid parking that I am aware of for this next weekend.

Lyn

You should push them to designate one level and charge $10 for Vettes. I would pay it and I think most would. Your club could make a little extra.

We have been trying to find out from the city if they are charging for the parking garage but have not heard back yet. No body ever calls you back from the city... :banghead They will most likely charge the $5 rate again this year. That is the only paid parking that I am aware of for this next weekend.

Lyn

You should push them to designate one level and charge $10 for Vettes. I would pay it and I think most would. Your club could make a little extra.

Good suggestion but I have a feeling that the city would nix that idea. They don't think with their top head if you get my drift.. It is a nightmare dealing with them. They have changed many things that they promised us and we are trying VERY hard to make it all work as planned. It will cost us some money from our charity but we want to make everyone happy with the plans for the weekend.

Guest badbobs95

For those going up on FRIDAY, we are leaving our house at 2:30 and will be at McDonald's at I17 and Carefree Highway. That's 3140 W Carefree Highway around 3:00 for the drive up.

Now, I don't know where we are going to eat. Depends on the crowds

We are all meeting at 7:00 AM on Saturday at Costco on 69 to drive into the show together. Posted Image very much.

If this doesn't cover everything, please tack on! Posted Image

wickedfastvette

Bob just for your info, the owners of Firehouse are friends of mine and if you go to the restaurant you may get in, but the top half which is a bar and restaurant on fridays is extremely packed and pretty much usually standing room only, great food, but it is pretty loud and packed on fridays.

Guest badbobs95

Bob just for your info, the owners of Firehouse are friends of mine and if you go to the restaurant you may get in, but the top half which is a bar and restaurant on fridays is extremely packed and pretty much usually standing room only, great food, but it is pretty loud and packed on fridays.

Thanks Bubba! Where should we go for dinner? Nothing against the big dinner but really prefer a menu and not have to stand in line with 300 other hungry people like last year. Posted Image Give us some ideas please.

wickedfastvette

Working on it Bob, Im not doing the friday night dinner either, getting something together, i will let you know........and im not a Bubba. :)

Working on it Bob, Im not doing the friday night dinner either, getting something together, i will let you know........and im not a Bubba. :)

Wow... can I go with you guys??? I have to be in the middle of all of these 300 people selling raffle tickets!!! :edward: Just kidding....

I do know that the dinner will be better then what happened last year! We plan on having everybody eating in ONE hour!

Lyn

Guest badbobs95

Oh Cherye, I'm soooo sorry! Posted Image It's just that I'm so used to dealing with guys. Not that that's a good thing. Posted Image I'm not just "Bad Bob", I'm dumber than I look TOO!

This one of a kind $200K+, Z06X that came into the Lamb Chevy dealership from Laguna Seca for the car show for this coming Saturday while we were there doing some last minute car show prep. This is a pretty incredible car. It is entirely built out of carbon fiber and painted flat pearlescent white. It originally was to be transported to Barrett Jackson for this weekend's auction in Las Vegas, but was diverted by GM to Prescott in an enclosed carrier. GM has a governor on the engine so that it cannot be driven over 30mph by crazy lot attendants and car salesmen. It is set up like a NASCAR racecar with the full cage inside.

The photos are not great because I was using my camera in my phone and didn't have a flash, as it was inside the service bay. The car was pretty dirty since they didn't get to detail it yet.

Lyn

post-612-097109300 1316657570.jpg

post-612-088595000 1316657572.jpg

post-612-025654400 1316657575.jpg

post-612-033356600 1316657577.jpg

post-612-095989000 1316657580.jpg

post-612-012257400 1316657579.jpg

post-612-090901600 1316657582.jpg

post-612-063563400 1316657585.jpg

post-612-026091800 1316657587.jpg

post-612-000787600 1316657589.jpg

Cool car I might have to run over there and check it out tomorrow!

Tell Heath that Lyn sent you in to take a look!

wickedfastvette

Cool car I might have to run over there and check it out tomorrow!

Tell Heath that Lyn sent you in to take a look!

I'm friends with a couple of the managers there and both my sons worked there for a couple of years, so I know I can get in to see it, just have to find the time, I'm cleaning my car tomorrow getting it ready for the show!:banannarainbow:

I'm friends with a couple of the managers there and both my sons worked there for a couple of years, so I know I can get in to see it, just have to find the time, I'm cleaning my car tomorrow getting it ready for the show!:banannarainbow: Cool... Then you know Heath, Vance or Robert... they will let you in to peek. It will probably be clean by then.

I'm friends with a couple of the managers there and both my sons worked there for a couple of years, so I know I can get in to see it, just have to find the time, I'm cleaning my car tomorrow getting it ready for the show!:banannarainbow:

Cool... Then you know Heath, Vance or Robert... they will let you in to peek. It will probably be clean by then.

Lyn, looks like Fast Glass Corvette Club will have at least 35 cars in the show. See you all there. :banannarainbow:

I just got the count of each club yesterday... You are definitely at the top of the list for number of "most vettes". Hope your award shelf is ready!!! :partygrnhat: Lyn