ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

Project Z0666 took second in the wide body custom class. Not bad considering we didn't get the paper in the windshield until about 12:30PM... Doh!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Congrats Dave. I voted early and was surprised that you apparently did not have the car entered.

Congrats Dave. I voted early and was surprised that you apparently did not have the car entered.

Car show + Whiskey Row + LPM Crew = Oh yeah... the entry form... :lol

Car show + Whiskey Row + LPM Crew = Oh yeah... the entry form... :lol

No, the funny part was the "deer in the headlights" look you had on your face when we told you they were paging you because you hadn't entered yet! :lol

No, the funny part was the "deer in the headlights" look you had on your face when we told you they were paging you because you hadn't entered yet! :lol

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I won first place but I let Louie hold the trophy....er award. Just kidding, this is Dr. Oli's (Vidal1313) friend Dr. Louie and his award for first place in Custom C6 at Prescott this year. You would never think those two cool ACE hole mofos are ER surgeons...Remind me not to ever get hurt real bad, :LolLol: J/K If you haven't heard the story, after the show officials tabbed the votes, they distributed a notification to the cars then held the award presentation. Everyone except Louie...and LPM Dave (who knows where he was), knew they we're in. Well, Oli stole Louie's notification before he saw it and took his sad, I didn't win nothing a$$ to watch the award ceremony. Needless to say, he was very happy to be handed first place..

#32 1st Place C4s, 10/15/11,PGX car show in Oro Valley #33 1st Place C4s, 10/16/11, Pebblecreek car show in Goodyear The show in Oro Valley was a mess. Greg and I were the only two entries in C4 modified and there were two entries in C4 original. They had 63 classes but on the windshield cards instead of giving each class a number, they wrote out the entire name of the class. So Greg and I had cards that read "Corvettes 1984 to 1996 Modified". The two entires in the original class had cards that read "Corvettes 1984 to 1996 Original". On the very small voting ballot (it was participant judged) the original C4 class was about a quarter inch above the modified C4 class. I believe what happened is people saw my car and put my car number down as a vote in the original class instead of the modified class since it was the first class they came to on the ballot. I for one voted for my car in the correct class and I saw many others vote it correctly, but apparently so many people voted it incorrectly that I ended up with more votes in the original class than either of the two entrants in that class. When they counted the votes they apparently never bothered to see if I was even registered as original or modified and awarded me the original class winner since I had the most votes for original. Greg of course took first in modified. First time I ever won in a class I did not even register for!! I guess I'm on a role! :facepalm:

Today, 10/16/2011, was the first time we took the Vette to a show. I received 3rd place in the C4 stock class at the Sun Country Corvette Club's 13th annual October Vette Fest 2011.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Today, 10/16/2011, was the first time we took the Vette to a show. I received 3rd place in the C4 stock class at the Sun Country Corvette Club's 13th annual October Vette Fest 2011.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Congratulations!

Well done guys. Congrats to y'all. :partydance: I think I'm putting Grape into retirement for a while though.

Guest badbobs95

Well done guys. Congrats to y'all. :partydance:

I think I'm putting Grape into retirement for a while though.

Why on earth would you do that? She's the best looking grape on the planet! Posted ImagePosted Image

Jerry, I agree; once you win you do get hooked big time. FYI, the next go vette show is on 10/29/11 at Thorobred Chev in Chandler. Its the ACC all chevy show and it draws a lot of vettes. They cut off the registration at 200 cars so you'd better call them and register ASAP if they still have room. There is one class for each generation so be warned, the C4 stock cars are in the same class as the C4 modified ones. Last year I took second and there were 15 or 16 C4s in the class. The only problem is that the host club cars compete against the other cars so a lot of host club cars somehow seem to win each year (go figure). Other than that, its a good show and you park by class so you get to know a lot of other C4 owners since you are parked with them all day. Hope to see you there. :banannarainbow:

Jerry, I agree; once you win you do get hooked big time. FYI, the next go vette show is on 10/29/11 at Thorobred Chev in Chandler. Its the ACC all chevy show and it draws a lot of vettes. They cut off the registration at 200 cars so you'd better call them and register ASAP if they still have room.

There is one class for each generation so be warned, the C4 stock cars are in the same class as the C4 modified ones. Last year I took second and there were 15 or 16 C4s in the class. The only problem is that the host club cars compete against the other cars so a lot of host club cars somehow seem to win each year (go figure). Other than that, its a good show and you park by class so you get to know a lot of other C4 owners since you are parked with them all day. Hope to see you there. :banannarainbow:

Hi Larry,

This serves as formal notice I will not be attending Thorobred Thunder :facepalm: We will be in Tucson at the St. Gregory's Car show. It should be quite big this year I think they have 500 cars and its sold out already. I may have my shorts handed to me though :popcorn:

Jerry, I agree; once you win you do get hooked big time. FYI, the next go vette show is on 10/29/11 at Thorobred Chev in Chandler. Its the ACC all chevy show and it draws a lot of vettes. They cut off the registration at 200 cars so you'd better call them and register ASAP if they still have room.

There is one class for each generation so be warned, the C4 stock cars are in the same class as the C4 modified ones. Last year I took second and there were 15 or 16 C4s in the class. The only problem is that the host club cars compete against the other cars so a lot of host club cars somehow seem to win each year (go figure). Other than that, its a good show and you park by class so you get to know a lot of other C4 owners since you are parked with them all day. Hope to see you there. :banannarainbow:

Hi Larry,

This serves as formal notice I will not be attending Thorobred Thunder :facepalm: We will be in Tucson at the St. Gregory's Car show. It should be quite big this year I think they have 500 cars and its sold out already. I may have my shorts handed to me though :popcorn:

Greg, thanks for the notice. I doubt you have to worry about having your shorts handed to you at any show as long as you are competing against just other C4s. Good luck and I will see you soon at another show where you can hand me my shorts. :facepalm:

I will try to make that one, we might have a prior commitment to deal with though. If I can rearrange it we will be there! That is where I bought my wife’s Malibu. I will let you know if I can make it. Where would I sign up if I can attend?

I will try to make that one, we might have a prior commitment to deal with though. If I can rearrange it we will be there! That is where I bought my wife’s Malibu. I will let you know if I can make it. Where would I sign up if I can attend?

Google "Cruisin' Arizona". You will find their website which lists most of the AZ car shows. Then look for "Thorobred Thunder XII". When you hit that entry you will find that you can download their registration form. Print it, fill it out and mail it in. Cruisin Arizona and Desert Cruisers are the two best websites to get all the info on Arizona car shows. Hope to see you then.