The time has come for FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

yeah .... best cruzin with the side pipes blarin .... doobie bros or bad company .... though i am a total "eddie and the boys" fan .... :yourock:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

Time for FNBADAZR1.

:lol in my best Eddie Murphy voice......."I can't afford it, because I'm on welfare."

I'm really partial to the 427 ci thing, but I did give consideration to a ZR1...just couldn't handle idea of having car payments and the $2K+ AZ vehicle registration each year :crazy

Now, a Whippled 2011 C6 Z06 with the Z07 package would be entertaining :yesnod

Maybe in a couple years when the deprecitation hit has been taken by an original owner looking to move up, I'd consider a move.

Freshly powder painted Katech LS7 valve covers with coil relocation kit back from the powder coaters....gotta be worth at least .000505 RWHP :smilelol

Dropped off the stainless steel Billy Boat longtube headers while I was there for their ceramic coating :partygrnhat:

Posted Image

Well, I got one side installed :lol

Driver side required the main fuel line be disconnected which required a special tool I don't have so I need to finish the install after scoring the tool and the proper procedure for releaving the fuel line pressure. :banghead

I'm thinking of having the coil packs painted red but still on the fence on that one, along with using the red MSD plug wires.

Posted Image

Driver side required the main fuel line be disconnected which required a special tool I don't have so I need to finish the install after scoring the tool and the proper procedure for releaving the fuel line pressure. :banghead

I'm thinking of having the coil packs painted red but still on the fence on that one, along with using the red MSD plug wires.

Posted Image

I have the fuel line tool, so give me a shout when you're ready and I'll stop by.

I have the fuel line tool as well as a pressure gauge. I don't think you should have to worry about relieving the pressure in the line as long as it's been sitting a while. Pressure usually drops while it sits.

Posted Image

I have the fuel line tool, so give me a shout when you're ready and I'll stop by.

Thanks Tom. It was late on Friday evening when I was doing this or I'd might have called you :P

I have the fuel line tool as well as a pressure gauge. I don't think you should have to worry about relieving the pressure in the line as long as it's been sitting a while. Pressure usually drops while it sits.

Really ? what's "a while" ?

I let the car sit for an hour plus as I didn't want to work on a hot engine :crazy

I would say within an hour or two it should be low enough not to spray you too bad when you put the tool in there. :lol It's only about a 60 psi (ZO6 different??? Don't know), so it's not bad anyway. There will be some residual for at least a few hours, but not too much. Over night should bleed off pretty much all pressure.

Guest LOUDMIKE

You can still get some dribble and leakage (EWW) with it sitting overnight. As far as an hour goes, wrap it with a rag. Check valves in the stock pumps can hold a while. Just release with the tool and the wrap with a shop rag while pulling off the nipple. Piece of soup!!

You can still get some dribble and leakage (EWW) with it sitting overnight. As far as an hour goes, wrap it with a rag. Check valves in the stock pumps can hold a while. Just release with the tool and the wrap with a shop rag while pulling off the nipple. Piece of soup!!

Awesome, master mechanic !!! :thumbs

Thanks to HOXXOH (Tom) for the use of the fuel line disconnect tool and the extra set of hands while installing the driver side Katech valve cover. :thumbs

I now have .000505 additional HP, which should be good for a .000427 reduction in ET :edward:

Man, those numbers look awefully familiar !!!!! :rockon2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next up..........B&B stainless steel headers I recently had ceramic coated :partygrnhat:

Posted Image

Looking good Victor. Also looking for some new and improved numbers...AWESOME! :thumbs

makes your underhood look nasty ... very serious lookin ..... bitchin even !!! and your headers turn out pretty damn sweet .... should bring a little more life to an already awesome motor .....:rockon2:

It's about time you got some headers Victor! :D

:lol Now I just have to install them instead of having them sitting in my spare bedroom.

Guest azz061

i will be curious to see what gains you get from the header add! Your car is currently the fastest z06 in Arizona with hardly a mod done! Mine has gone .24 slower than yours with less mods. The modded one has gone .20 slower than mine with said "full bolton's"

OK.......I admit it :P

This would look really nice under FNBADAZ06's hood :edward:

Posted Image

Claimed 8 psi on 91 pump gas for stock LS7

Posted Image