The time has come for FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

Well, this time I got a little too close when I peered over the side into the mod abyss....I think I'm falling :P

LPM Mike put the car back onto the dyno for the baseline numbers (without a CEL/MAF error this time :lol ).

Drag radials make it a little difficult on the rollers as the car bounced up and down due to the soft sidewalls and low air pressure (295/40 MT's) but Mike got the car to behave enough to get some solid baselines.

Posted Image

So we're starting from 447 RWHP and 430 RWTQ, about average for a stock LS7. Mine has 40K trouble free miles on it, original plugs, wires, etc. so I'm pretty pleased.

First up is the ZR1 exhaust, which is being done for sound quality purposes. Not expecting any gains, but we will dyno after the install to see what's up. Going to Mike's (DSOM4ME) this afternoon for the install. My car should sound more like a performance car when we're done...should sound comparable to a B&B Fusion, I'm told, when the valves are open.

From there, I've got a few suprises coming down the pipe, so I'll talk about them when those pieces go on to the car. How far down the rabbit hole I go, I don't know. Hope I don't regret not taking the blue pill :smilelol

I made it two years without a single mod....didn't think I would make it to my GMPP expiration date of 4/14/2014, but I gave it one hell of a shot. :edward::3gears:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• HOXXOH

• Two Fangs

• MOTV8

He is the life of parties he has never attended. If he were to punch you in the face, you’d have to fight off the urge to thank him. Sharks have a week dedicated to him. And he mods perfectly good Corvette Z06's to go even faster.... He is... Victor! Welcome to the dark side bro! :edward:

Bout time... That last dyno run looked a lot like my car, and yours should be throwing around mo pahwa than that....

447 is better than 425 and any gain is a good thing. I noticed the temp (89*) made a nice difference huh with a cooler temp vs the 100*+ the last time.:thumbs It will be nice to see what you add and the gains made...COOL! :rockon2:

Well, this time I got a little too close when I peered over the side into the mod abyss....I think I'm falling :P

From there, I've got a few suprises coming down the pipe, so I'll talk about them when those pieces go on to the car. How far down the rabbit hole I go, I don't know. Hope I don't regret taking the blue pill :smilelol

I made it two years without a single mod....didn't think I would make it to my GMPP expiration date of 4/14/2014, but I gave it one hell of a shot. :edward::3gears:

Oh no! :facepalm: You're making it tougher to play together already? I thought you'd at least cut an 11.628 or better to get the #10 spot on the big board with DRs only. I know you can do that easily without the CAI before you take the darkside plunge. We need more ACEholes on the National scene. The only ones there now besides you and me, is MikeG and Airbuspilot (and he moved to Austin).

I hear a rumor that the Thirsty One is headed to the land of Marco....I must prepare a sweet blend of the Captains nectar and Coke-a-Cola for this weary traveler as his journey will be a long and dry one. :ED:

From there, I've got a few suprises coming down the pipe, so I'll talk about them when those pieces go on to the car. How far down the rabbit hole I go, I don't know. Hope I don't regret taking the blue pill :smilelol

Oh no! :facepalm: You're making it tougher to play together already? I thought you'd at least cut an 11.628 or better to get the #10 spot on the big board with DRs only. I know you can do that easily without the CAI before you take the darkside plunge. We need more ACEholes on the National scene. The only ones there now besides you and me, is MikeG and Airbuspilot (and he moved to Austin).

I think there's a chance on our October 6 Wednesday event at Speedworld that I'll take that spot easily.If we can get some cooler weather prior to then, I'm game for a Firebird or Speedworld date. We won't be ready for the mod installs until early December or January, and I'll run the stock airbridge and filter until the mod party begins. I think there's an 11.50-11.40 left in the stock mode so now you've inspired me to take that spot :P

Bout time... That last dyno run looked a lot like my car, and yours should be throwing around mo pahwa than that....

I'm actually suprised it threw a 425 on a CEL. Having an operational MAF subsystem is a good thing :lol

447 is a tad above average, but it's just a reference number. What I do at the track is what counts :thumbs

Victor youll do it! The great thing is our bone stock cars can still beat modified c6 cars i love it! So when you cam that thing slammer won't have a thing on you! Guess he needs to get more boost now! I will wait for you guys to mod then i will come out with something fun!

OMG!!

Have you been hitting the Crack pipe? If you referring to Weds night at SlickWorld you got another lesson coming. How about a little ass wooping to settle you down? :facepalm: I'm only running 7lbs of boost and I think i can keep up with you two speed freaks. :thankyou:

Victor youll do it! The great thing is our bone stock cars can still beat modified c6 cars i love it! So when you cam that thing slammer won't have a thing on you! Guess he needs to get more boost now! I will wait for you guys to mod then i will come out with something fun!

Does Slammer have something on you now? :popcorn:

Does Slammer have something on you now? :popcorn:

No Ollie, my boy Victor are just having fun shit talking! and now Mike wants a piece of the action in his new Z06 :3gears:

The great thing is our bone stock cars can still beat modified c6 cars i love it!

Beat Tom (HOXXOH), until then go watch another Miley Cyrus movie!

Victor, you get those mods and you won't be allowed to run at the tracks anymore...you do realize that right??? Once you break 11.5 you need that full roll cage per NHRA rules. Unless the point is to run like that guy did the 200+ in Buc's video, you just lost use of the tracks. :2cents

Victor, you get those mods and you won't be allowed to run at the tracks anymore...you do realize that right???

Once you break 11.5 you need that full roll cage per NHRA rules. Unless the point is to run like that guy did the 200+ in Buc's video, you just lost use of the tracks. :2cents

THAT'S THE CHALLENGE I HAVE ALL THE TIME! how far to push the rules before you get kicked out for the day. or forever... I'm not sure if you rent a track if all the rules still are applied. I understand the liability of the track and insurance as well as the need to keep their NHRA sanction. But If you keep making it more difficult to run on a safe secure strip. People will naturally resort to the streets. Isn't that what the tracks were set up for to give racers a option to racing on the public roadways? There should be an affordable realistic option for some of us who don't fit perfectly inside the box. I'm not sure if one could sigh a waiver to prevent holding a drag facility responsible in specify situations. I'm sure that is a sketchy hair splitting option. I just don't see a full cage working out in my car. Wish hoops were accepted as OK protection. I can do that improvement!

Victor, you get those mods and you won't be allowed to run at the tracks anymore...you do realize that right???

Once you break 11.5 you need that full roll cage per NHRA rules. Unless the point is to run like that guy did the 200+ in Buc's video, you just lost use of the tracks. :2cents

THAT'S THE CHALLENGE I HAVE ALL THE TIME! how far to push the rules before you get kicked out for the day. or forever... I'm not sure if you rent a track if all the rules still are applied. I understand the liability of the track and insurance as well as the need to keep their NHRA sanction. But If you keep making it more difficult to run on a safe secure strip. People will naturally resort to the streets. Isn't that what the tracks were set up for to give racers a option to racing on the public roadways? There should be an affordable realistic option for some of us who don't fit perfectly inside the box. I'm not sure if one could sigh a waiver to prevent holding a drag facility responsible in specify situations. I'm sure that is a sketchy hair splitting option. I just don't see a full cage working out in my car. Wish hoops were accepted as OK protection. I can do that improvement!

This is an interesting point. It's already been proven by a few ACEholes and plenty other Z0 drivers across the country that with a good driver and some sticky tires a bone stock Z0 goes beyond the NHRA rules. So, with that in mind, why doesn't GM build in a roll cage or some other safety feature that satisfys the NHRA rules? OR Why doesn't the NHRA change the rules to accomidate the stock cars that can go beyond the rules with no problem unmodified. I'm sure nothing will change on the rules or whatever, but it would be nice for the stock go fast crowd. :yesnod

ahh, grasshopper...you must open your mind :)

While I have been allowed to "break" the rules to a small degree, thanks to the generousity of the tracks ownership/management (remember, I've already gone 11.34 stock at a local NHRA track), there are several "private" track events that I will be allowed to play on. I'll will also be going to SLAMMER's home track in NorCal (Sac), where they are a little more Corvette sub-11.50 friendly.

But the biggest thing is this......

Posted Image

Posted Image

RSD's Bolt-in NHRA spec C6 Z06 roll bar

Once I venture into the HPDE's,the One Mile Max Acceleration events (Texas Mile, etc.) and Open Road events (Silver State, Open Bend, etc), I want the added safety of some form of roll protection.

I want to play hard, but the stakes are going to go up and the added protection was/is always in the back of my mind.

But don't worry, my friend....I'll slow it down a bit at the 1/4 mile events when more of the ACEr's decides they are ready for some track time..I'll keep it over 11.5 just to make it fair :lol

[beat Tom (HOXXOH), until then go watch another Miley Cyrus movie!

Tom is faster 'n sh!t and you've got to be on your A-game to tree him. His car never fails to amaze me in the ET AND traps he's pulling from an LS3 A6 car, and he has also gone sub 11.50 at Speedworld.

But...he wasn't fast enough on the tree to beat me in our first head to head at Speedworld last year, which also happened to be my first 11 second pass in the car :thumbs I was told that none of the previous ACE C6 Z06 owners could put their car's into the 11's, so maybe I hold that distiction from the ACE membership of being the first to do so.

FNBADAZ06 FTW !!!! :lol

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYY0OqHtGJI

NICE! :thumbs

I'll slow down for everyone except the CFI crowd...can't give no quarter or any advantage to the Renegade crowd. I need every thing she's got to run with those boyz :ok::lol:burnout2