NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2nd Annual "Father's Day" Cruise

Eddie44

Desertdawg

After he blew by you the first time he caught me and Chuck at the turn, when we didn't go over 60 he blew by us to catch up to Brian and the rest of the group.

I wanted to pass him back but decided that wasn't the smartest thing to do!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• wickedfastvette

• CZYDMND

Your best chance of getting a warning vs a ticket are to start with an apology and use the word "sir" (or ma'am) a lot. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID WRONG, of course. Have the registration, insurance and license in your hand and don't speak with an attitude.

It really does go a long way. A military ID does too.

No guarantees this will always work. Your mileage will vary. Not valid in all states. Participating retailers only. Limited warrantee in some states only during waning phases of the moon.

What ted says is right (hmm wonder why?....:D)

the book that has saved my ass COUNTLESS TIMES is this one

Speeder's Guide to Avoiding Tickets

1216672.gif

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers

Pub. Date: October 1991

ISBN-13: 9780380717330

205pp

You can find it used for $1.50 on ebay.

In short it describes in DETAIL what a cop goes through day to day and on a traffic stop.

It gives you a better understanding on how to Reduces the Cops fear(so he is more in a relaxed state) and Inflate the cops ego(WITHOUT him knowing it.. that’s the tricky part)

however there are times where you are going to get a ticket. period. there is nothing you can say/do to the small town sheriff that has a chance to pick on the 'out of towner'.

wickedfastvette
That was a great route today and very fun!!! And no tickets for anybody(that I know of).

I didn't get to meet everybody, but to those I did, it was a pleasure. At least next time I'll be able to recognize some faces, even if I don't know all the names yet.

Looking forward to the next trip!

Rick :cheers

Rick sorry I didnt get to meet you in person. I was wondering who that was behind me most of the way, I thought you were Sean (Bigfoot99) but you were not driving like him!

Dawg I will work on getting a few engine mods. :thumbs

Desertdawg
Dawg I will work on getting a few engine mods. :thumbs

Why?

We enjoyed beating you! :howdy

Nice job Eddie putting this together, greaat run, great peeps, great lunch & no tickets. :lol

NONE of it worked for me. NO attitude and had EVERYTHING ready at the window. He didn't ask me what I did wrong, just flat out told me when he got to the window. He even looked at my windshield and saw my base sticker. Walked back to his car an wrote me up.

I don't think he said 10 words to me before he gave me the ticket. Rich says that's the way the troopers are. :(

Marana Rich

One thing that wasn't mentioned yet but may help in the ticket situation. If you have a radar detector, hide it if you can before he gets to your car. Mine sits on the dashboard using velcro, so it's peel and stash, and I did that as soon as I saw him coming at me. The only thing he saw was my GPS stuck to my windwhield. I think LEO don't like radar detectors. Ted?

The only thing I would suggest Rich is not to be making too many movements inside the vehicle as they approach. Officers are trained to watch for movement such as hiding dope, hiding a gun, etc. If they see you moving around inside the car you may put them more on edge.

As for the radar detector, I do think local cops might take note of it but the one's that really get upset are DPS, CHP, etc. I have actually talked to DPS Officers that say they will always write someone with a radar detector because it evidence they knowingly drive at speeds above the posted limit all the time or why would you need the detector? I had one tell me the only way you'll get a break is if you don't have a detector.

coconut girl

Thanks Eddie for setting up this cruise. We had a great time.

The trip from Skull Valley to Prescott is my daily drive!

I am so glad the Yavapai County Sheriff did not ruin Rich's day. The sheriff's up here are really pretty cool.

I have been pulled over once (going 72 in a 50) and they have flashed their lights at me over a dozen times out there.

They used to know my old car...but they have not noticed me in my C5 yet.

Between the Speed Camera Van, Highway Patrol and the Sheriff we were lucky yesterday.

We will be looking forward to next years Dads Day Event.

The only thing I would suggest Rich is not to be making too many movements inside the vehicle as they approach. Officers are trained to watch for movement such as hiding dope, hiding a gun, etc. If they see you moving around inside the car you may put them more on edge.

As for the radar detector, I do think local cops might take note of it but the one's that really get upset are DPS, CHP, etc. I have actually talked to DPS Officers that say they will always write someone with a radar detector because it evidence they knowingly drive at speeds above the posted limit all the time or why would you need the detector? I had one tell me the only way you'll get a break is if you don't have a detector.

I don't know that ever saw my detector. It's up in the tinting of the front windshield and the cord is hidden inside the A-pillar and front windshield molding. You really have to lean over and then look up to see it. He never did that.

Oh well.

Thanks for organizing the cruise Eddie. Thanks also to the welcome from the entire ACE group for the welcome to us newcomers. Patty and I (Don) enjoyed the cruise, the scenery, the open it up stretchs, the curves, speed bumps, lunch and most of all the stories and company. You are a great group and we look forward to participating in future events.

By the way, my forum name comes from the plate I had on my first Vette in Montana (native and resident for 47 years), a '74 T-top. The plate wasn't available in AZ. I do know where just north of the Montana border is!

Rick sorry I didnt get to meet you in person. I was wondering who that was behind me most of the way, I thought you were Sean (Bigfoot99) but you were not driving like him!

Hi Cherye :howdy I'm sure we'll get another chance to meet. The whole time I was wondering who was wearing the WKIDFST plate!

I'm not sure how my driving compares to Sean's....I just figured better to be somewhere in the middle of the pack. First and last usually have the most chance of an unpleasant conversation with the local LEO's. :3gears: