NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2nd Annual "Father's Day" Cruise

Eddie44

Desertdawg

The Vettes all washed and polished, asleep under the cover for the night...

Weather rocks for June, it's going to be a great cruise!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• wickedfastvette

• CZYDMND

Guest bluevettegirl
The Vettes all washed and polished, asleep under the cover for the night...

Weather rocks for June, it's going to be a great cruise!

Found Pioneer Park this a.m. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone tomorrow! WINDY in Prescott today!

Be safe and see you at the park!!

Kellie & Joe

The question has come up as to timing tomorrow. Meeting at 8am and leaving at 8:15am.

See Ya all in less than 12 hrs! :partydance:

Cool that was my first run with the ACE! I cant wait for this one.

You can be in charge of finding a potty / coffee stop in Prescott. I think the route we took around town last year was great. It saved alot of hassle with traffic.

42 so far times 2? thats it Im calling firsties on the bathroom stop in prescott...dont want to be near the end of the line to the out house whith that many people going if you know what I mean :ack

My plan is to stop in the park more for parking than for the bathrooms. There are several of the fast food chains right around there so people can run to the bathrooms or get a quick drink and meet back in the park for the next leg up over Mingus Mtn.

I hope everyone had a great time. Sorry we lost 5-6 of you for a time there but all worked out in the end. What would a cruise be w/o a little drama.

Put this cruise on the calendar because I'm going to make it a yearly thing! :partydance:

Great run Eddie, and GREAT turn out for a summertime cruise.

Way to go people.

:clap :clap :clap

I know others went further, but that was 330 miles on the tripometer for me. :thumbs

Had a good time today, old Red stuck very well this time. So well that we missed the turn off and went the wrong way. But we made it to eating place. I did make Eddie and Kim, Ron and Eva the last ones to eat. Sorry. Not really. Had a ball, followed Eddie back down.

Jay hope you are feeling better.

Yuma Rich sorry about Johnnie talking to ya.

Up loading what pictures I took right now will post a link to them in a bit. No movie today just pictures.

Thanks Eddie for the fun.

Cant Wait to go again to much fun...And all the pretty cars....Some fast some very fast and some loud!!!!!!

The food was great... The peeps are awesome... Thought I almost got a ticket with The SUV Sheriff... he came up on me quick but he did not pulling over yea for me..

I will try and down load Pics you know I have a problem with that... If any wants them I can E-mail....

Cant Wait to go again to much fun...And all the pretty cars....Some fast some very fast and some loud!!!!!!

The food was great... The peeps are awesome... Thought I almost got a ticket with The SUV Sheriff... he came up on me quick but he did not pulling over yea for me..

I will try and down load Pics you know I have a problem with that... If any wants them I can E-mail....

email em to me and I'll load em

Guest racingchester

Thanks Eddie--Had a great time. Dawg and I had a near miss with county mounty. Followed us for aways..Must have liked the looks of a C4. Great turn out. Ready to do it again.... :banannarainbow::banannasword::partygrnhat:

Thanks Eddie--Had a great time. Dawg and I had a near miss with county mounty. Followed us for aways..Must have liked the looks of a C4. Great turn out. Ready to do it again.... :banannarainbow::banannasword::partygrnhat:

You didn't stop him and tell him he shouldn't follow Dawg anywhere????

I really wanted to buy a ace shirt but no fat boys size in black and White does not do well with me be a rag after one use.....

Desertdawg

We just got home, had a blast today.

Twistys, speed, great friends, and good food!!!

I even ate a camaro just before home at a buck40+;grin

Can someone start a seperate picture thread so we can link to it for the archive thread?

Can't wait to do it again...

We just got home, had a blast today.

Twistys, speed, great friends, and good food!!!

I even ate a camaro just before home at a buck40+;grin

Can someone start a seperate picture thread so we can link to it for the archive thread?

Can't wait to do it again...

I did.

wickedfastvette

Had a great time! Thanks Eddie for planning this. It was great seeing everybody as this may be my last cruise this summer, heading to Michigan tomorrow with 2 truck loads of stuff to work on the house I bought in Michigan....I will be ready to go in the fall though.

Eddie great idea making this an annual event.

Vettegirl51

Thanks Eddie! For my first ACE cruise I have to say I had a ton of fun! I'm ready to go again :banannarainbow:

That was a great route today and very fun!!! And no tickets for anybody(that I know of).

I didn't get to meet everybody, but to those I did, it was a pleasure. At least next time I'll be able to recognize some faces, even if I don't know all the names yet.

Looking forward to the next trip!

Rick :cheers

Marana Rich

I have a story from this run. Lucky I am here to talk about it, cause they could have taken me and the car to jail........I don't plan on being tail end charlie and holding up the LEO for a while. They don't like that.

Your best chance of getting a warning vs a ticket are to start with an apology and use the word "sir" (or ma'am) a lot. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID WRONG, of course. Have the registration, insurance and license in your hand and don't speak with an attitude.

It really does go a long way. A military ID does too.

No guarantees this will always work. Your mileage will vary. Not valid in all states. Participating retailers only. Limited warrantee in some states only during waning phases of the moon.

Marana Rich

Well, I didn't follow any of that advice.

He started folowing us when we went through town, and set off my radar immediately. Janie and I did the speed limit while everyone else was doing a few mph faster. It was two lane, and with some traffic. He hung behind us for quite a while, and the rest of the crew was out of sight. Finally he got a break and passed us, and I didn't have radio contact to alert anyone. Anyhow, I missed the turn, and went about five miles beyond before I found enough room to turn around and come back. I was upset, and trying to catch the group, but when we made the turn from a state hiway to a COUNTY hiway I didn't see any sign to show the drop in speed. The same Deputy who had caught up to the group must have given up, and made a u-turn and was coming back in my direction. He popped me coming over a hill, so i was actually over the speed limit on top of that. Fumbled over finding the registration, etc., just couldn't get the fingers working right.

There were three of us, and he said he had the two behind me at 14 over, but he passed them and came right for me.

I think the reason I got off was because he saw all of the cars and knew it was a big group going somewhere.

After advising me of the speed limits posted on that road for the next 25 miles all the way back to the state hiway, he said to tell the others they better slow down! I did not get a warning. I am sure that if it was DPS I wouldn't be here typing this.