NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2nd Annual "Father's Day" Cruise

Eddie44

Did not see this any where. Are you going to be using 2 way radios? If so what channel?

40 cars in a line is about 1-2 miles long. Might help keep us together.

I personally hate radios but I guess we'll be on them. With 40+ Vettes we'll probably be spread out enough that they won't go front to back anyway.

Let's use channel 3-1. I will also have directons with maps for everyone with the stops indicated and I'll put my cellphone on those.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• wickedfastvette

• CZYDMND

wickedfastvette

Wow Ted I didn't think you would really sell your car, I really liked it, wish I could have afforded to keep 2. Good luck on your search for a new one.

Someone better take lots of Photos and some drive by videos.

I'll be taking the body off my frame. So I wont be there.

I'll most likely be "helping" (watching and drinking beer and pointing and taking photos) Phil break his car into multiple pieces.

Besides, I'm Vetteless as of yesterday... She went to a good home where they want to do a restore. I decided I didn't have the time/money/patience for that.

I'm going to be keeping my eye out for that perfect unpassable deal. With the vacation trip, wedding, and honeymoon coming up, it may be after the New Year before I get a new car. We also want to get a bigger house with a three car garage. Otherwise, I'm looking at putting the new Vette in a storage unit or something. That doesn't feel right.

Anyway, I'll still come to events and be present on this board in the mean time.

I know where there's a cheap black 98 Z51 coupe....

I know where there's a cheap black 98 Z51 coupe....

For sure. You won't be able to beat that price anywhere I think. 154k on the clock though, but on these motors that's not too bad.

Got room for one more Eddie?

Always room for you Chuck! Anyone else? These cruises are open to anyone and if you're new to ACE there's no better way to get acquainted.

Ok... so no one pick on me for my car being dirty.. my back still a little messed up so can't wash it...

Met a guy at a gas station yesterday with a 61 red vert. invited him to our group and he seemed really interested. said he was going to car show in Prescott on saturday, but woud try to do ours also.

Met a guy at a gas station yesterday with a 61 red vert. invited him to our group and he seemed really interested. said he was going to car show in Prescott on saturday, but woud try to do ours also.

So you're picking up strange guys at gas stations now? :bolt:

:lol

Loud Pedal

This is going to be a great turnout and an awesome cruise. I was so looking forward to it, but I blew my back out last weekend bringing my dog home from surgery ( ironic, huh? ). Anyway, I was hoping it would be healed up enough to do this run, but the ole back isn't cooperating.

Have fun guys and take lots of pics!

Dave

wickedfastvette

So you're picking up strange guys at gas stations now? :bolt:

:lol

Mike what's Bambi gonna say!

Well the prices at relics are a little high for me since this trip is going to cost a little ove my budget so i will probably pick up something cheaper but i will still sit with you guys..

Well the prices at relics are a little high for me since this trip is going to cost a little ove my budget so i will probably pick up something cheaper but i will still sit with you guys..

Joe the owner/manager did a special lunch menu for us. It has burgers, sandwiches and salads. Most are $10-$15.

They normally aren't open for lunch and aren't open on Sundays but he's treating us like a banquet. He wanted to do 2-3 entree menu in order to speed up service but I said I thought people would rather choice from a menu and take their time.

Joe the owner/manager did a special lunch menu for us. It has burgers, sandwiches and salads. Most are $10-$15.

They normally aren't open for lunch and aren't open on Sundays but he's treating us like a banquet. He wanted to do 2-3 entree menu in order to speed up service but I said I thought people would rather choice from a menu and take their time.

Ok cool that works for me....

Is the plan to come back via I-17?

If so, that could suck.

There's really only two ways and thats I-17 or back the way you came.

If it's like usual we'll probably break into smaller groups coming home and it will be to each their own.

I usually take I-17 to Carefree and come down Cave Creek but I live on the NE side. You could take Carefree to Lake Pleasant Rd.

Marana Rich

I just checked on all of the road construction and closures for tomorrow's Father's Day Run.

Here is a link to see if it will interfere with you arriving on time.

Weekend Highway Closures

Ok washed car (outside) just a quick wash

Need to change Oil today Gastro 5-30w synthetic with K&N filter

Tire Pressure check

Full tank of gas... Check

CB radios charge... Check

Ready to have fun Check

cannondale5050

Anybody else coming from Tucson? I will be at the circle k at Cotaro and the freeway about 10 till 6. Post up and let me know if your coming so i am not waiting for nothing please. :rockon2:

Is the plan to come back via I-17?

If so, that could suck.

There's really only two ways and thats I-17 or back the way you came.

If it's like usual we'll probably break into smaller groups coming home and it will be to each their own.

I usually take I-17 to Carefree and come down Cave Creek but I live on the NE side. You could take Carefree to Lake Pleasant Rd.

Not a biggie, but you can go over to Payson and down 87 to PHx.

anmracing2

I hate to do this but we're out...........

Have a good drive and watch out for the Roscoe P. Coltrains................ Man, I'm old..........

Andrew

Anybody else coming from Tucson? I will be at the circle k at Cotaro and the freeway about 10 till 6. Post up and let me know if your coming so i am not waiting for nothing please. :rockon2:

Pretty sure you're the only Tucson car.

cannondale5050

Pretty sure you're the only Tucson car.

Me Too

Ok, kinda did the same as Brian.

Had some serious bug splatage left over from Vegas trip.

Oil is GTG

Tires are still crappy :lol

Radios charged

Will fill up tomorrow on the way over.

Last but not least, ready for fun while scared at same time since my last bout with the law. :lol