NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE "Father's" Cruise

Eddie44

Should be able to make it with my girlfriend. What route are you taking to Wickenburg? My girlfriend lives in the Greenway & 7th Street area so I figured I'd head west to meet you instead of driving all the way back down to GCC. Let me know!

Gene + 1

See map in initial post.

You could probably come across the Carefree Hwy and meet us there but it would probably be as easy to come to GCC and then there wouldn't be a timing issue.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• dewey

• wickedfastvette

For anyone coming from the Carefree Hwy area, Ed (Blew X U) and I are meeting at the Its'a Grind Coffee at 8AM in the Albertson's Shopping Center (NE corner) at I-17 and Carefree HWY. We're going to fill up on HIGH OCTANE! :partydance:

It' closer for me also.

Just went through the thread as best I could and came up with the below list committed. If there's any change please speak up as I'm going to call the restaurant Friday with our final tenative number.

Eddie 44 +1

Dewey

1EvilC5 +1

Quiktrip

Mikey + son

C6speed +1

jer +1

Anmracing2 ???

Rick G +1

DesertDawg +2

RonEva + 1

RimCrew +1

NoMo5.0 + 1

YumaRich & Esther

RojoSi5 & Malcolm

Wickedfastvette +1

Cindy & Bob

Jack

Bob L

Don

Bob

Robert

Gry Eagle +1

Vettetax

Slojoh +1

Blk n Blu +1

BLU X U +1

Sloryde

1 Jester +1

Harris +1

84 Vette

Gino 1 +1

Z06VETTE037

It looks like 33 Vettes. It should make a pretty sight going up the mountain. :thumbs

Marana Rich

Eddie, Channel 3 on the portable communication device?

Place a call to Andy @ Channel 3 after noon tomorrow 602-207-3443

Rich - Yes

Ed - WTH????

Marana Rich

Rich - Yes

Ed - WTH????

They did a piece on the Route 66 Tour last Saturday night, good publicity for the corvette. Maybe they will again this week?

There will be 3 of us from the Dawg camp, Samantha is coming down from Flagstaff to have lunch with us.

Glendale Comm College is a big place .. where eggs-zactly are we meetin up in there?

-Frank an Kathy (big fambly re-union goin on same day, great time to go on a cruise out-of-town!! . . we are SO IN :)

ZO6vette037

Well I think I am going to go. 84 Vette and I were talking last week and I decided on taking the Busa, but I want to meet some people. Also the bike cost less in gas!

Need to erase Jim & I, he will be working Saturday, sorry guys & gals. Post up pictures so I can see all the fun we will miss!

As for GCC, they have it down to one lane north and south on 59th av.. I would suggest the lot off Olive on the southside of GCC. Olive is open all lanes.

I would suggest the S/W corner of the lot. As Scratch says, we're probably best entering off Olive.

I've got name tags, only 50 though...forgot about passengers. This is going to be a great cruise. Not to mention getting away from 109! :rockon2:

Well,.......You can count us in as well. Me and my wife will be there. Looking forward to the cooler weather as well. We will be at the GCC around 830ish. See ya there.

I just read where wickedfastvette purchased Jack's (JDs00PewterCoupe) car from corvetteforum...nice :thumbs

Caron6-7-08Resized.jpg

I saw that last night also, it was in his parts for sale add on the CF. I was going to post it up tonight but you beat me to it...

Looks like a killer ride!

I'm all shined up and ready for the cruise, this is going to be fun!

Going to miss this one..On the way to Bowling Green..........

Pickin' up a ride? :burnout

Ya'll be safe. Should be an AWESOME cruise.

wickedfastvette
I just read where wickedfastvette purchased Jack's (JDs00PewterCoupe) car from corvetteforum...nice :thumbs

Caron6-7-08Resized.jpg

Wow! cant hide nothing from you guys. :neener_neener:

Hi Dawg, any idea where the eastsiders are meeting and what time. Still 602-510-7435 bob (black beauty)

I vote SanTan-202 and Arizona Ave-87. East-siders have met there before at the Starbucks which is just south of the SanTan, east side of Arizona. If the West-side team is leaving Glendate at 9, we should depart around 8-8:15.

I should be able to meet you guys there for the cruise over to GCC. If I leave here 6:30ish, should be plenty of time.

D!

ROFLMAO

Ok ..so ..was very cool to see all of yas there at GCC ..some awesome people and swoopy cars for sure :)

Listenin to 'em all fire up after the drivers breifing,

walkin down the line to that low-slung black beauty of ours,

I'm thinkin 'oh yaa, this is gonna be a nice cruise for sure' ..

It failed to start.

Would not.

Gauges, seat memory repositioning, alla bells an whistles came on when key was turned, but ..

..no starter ..not even a clicky sound and definitely no enginey zoom zoom sounds.

Non-plussed, I check to make sure, yep, in park firmly, in fact shifter wont move out of park unless key is turned on.

Reposition shifter up and down the gears with key on just on the off chance its dust somewhere in the switches, ..still no joy.

Clean the contacts on the key resistor implant thingy.

Nothin.

Pop the hood, no loose battery connex, no corrosion even,

.. Kathy had the phone out and at the ready to call a tow truck

..and Phil slides up in his black cruiser to see what's what.

We hook up a jump box, nothin.

Same results.

He says 'put it in gear and I'll push it ..perhaps there's a dead spot in the starter'

I'm thinkin 'no way, it's an auto and the converter, even in first, wont hook enough without line pressure to turn the motor over unless you push it reallly fast, and I can't see pushin on his bumper or the Vette's rear'

Hey .. I was a certified ASE mechanic for years .. I know this stuff!

Well .. he explains to my somewhat incredulous look,

'I'll just push it a couple feet by hand'

.. I'm still thinkin there is no way that will do anything, and I said so.

So fo course, he pushes it about 2 feet, with the tranny in first gear

(just on the off chance I put it in first to get the most mechanical advantage,

..even if I didn't think it would turn the motor over at all)

Put the key back to off,

put the shifter back into park, and ..

..she fired right up.

Yanno .. you can say what ya like, but in my opinion, Phil is a Wizard and practices Magic.

I am not kidding.

Really.

I mean it.

Thanks Phil.

-Frank

oh ya, she fires right on up in the driveway

..I chalk it up to a sign that we are supposed to stay home today,

..family flyin in from all over for a family reunion and me bein a smart ass I thought it would be more fun to go cruise for the day

.. LOL :D

Glad you got her going...didn't see anybody in the parking lot when we came back by.

:thumbs