NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE "Father's" Cruise

Eddie44

Okay, because we could run into conflict with Father's Day on Sunday, we will be doing this cruise on Saturday.

When: Saturday June 14th, 2008

Time: 9:00 AM

Meeting: Glendale Community College 5900 W. Olive Ave in Glendale

Planned Route: Prescott via Yarnell Hill then over Mingus Mtn to Jerome and on to Sedona.

Just a friendly warning, DPS does heavily patrol and run radar on Yarnell Hill (ask me how I know) :lol

We'll be planning a late (1:00 pm) lunch in Sedona. Place to be announced.

Here's the route for those who aren't familiar with it. Should be lots and lots of twisties! :partydance:

ACE.jpg

POST HERE IF INTERESTED SO WE CAN GIVE THE RESTAURANT A TENTATIVE HEAD COUNT.

There has been a suggestion made and I think it's a good one. Let's see if we can increase participation.

For this cruise find someone that hasn't been on the board or at an event for sometime. PM, email, call them and suggest they may not want to miss this one.

I'm working on Relics in west Sedona for lunch. Here's their Menu

They said there's plenty of parking and they aren't normally open for lunch on Saturday but for a large group they will open.

We can have the patio or if the weather doesn't cooperate they will put us inside.

East Sider's meeting place: SanTan-202 and Arizona Ave-87. East-siders have met there before at the Starbucks which is just south of the SanTan, east side of Arizona. If the West-side team is leaving Glendate at 9, we will depart at 8am

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• dewey

• wickedfastvette

Since your meeting a stone's throw from my house...I'll be there for the send-off :burnout2

Since your meeting a stone's throw from my house...I'll be there for the send-off :burnout2

ACE doesn't discriminate. We'll let you come along in that Bmeer or the SUV. Just don't draft me at triple digits :lol

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and I are not abe to make it out thiw week because we are working that weekened.

I quit Banner after 20 years and Robert quiit after 10 years of servrice with waste managment. We both work 8 miles from work. We both work at Gilbert hospitall on Power bewteen Williams Field and Ray roads. I'm Charge RN on nights and he is a monitor tech and health unit secrary on days and will be growing into a CNA position soon. The great news is that they are paying me $12 an hour more than Banner and Robert a few dollars more than at Waste.

Good news here in that aspect :partydance: .

Unfortunatly, we are both working the father''s cruise so we will be missing this one. :angry

Maybe next year...

Well that's good news and congrats on the new jobs. Guess that's why you guys have been very "absent" here lately. :thumbs

I'm/we're a maybe on the cruise. I REALLY want to...my poor baby has been sitting for about 2 weeks doing nothing and it's making me sick. I'm going to do everything in my power to make it.

Never mind...don't think I'll make this either. It's Leslie's (the oldest) 12th birthday that day. Not sure what's going on with that, but I'm sure I'm busy.

We both work 8 miles from work.

I'm just trying to figure this one out. Either you drive to work and then go another 8 miles or your commute is 0 miles. Math was always my strong suit but this one confused me. :huh

Guest Mikey

Since this is during Father's Day Weekend, I'll see if my son wants to join me. He's never been on a Corvette Cruise before.

Never mind...don't think I'll make this either. It's Leslie's (the oldest) 12th birthday that day. Not sure what's going on with that, but I'm sure I'm busy.

Way to go, way to forget your kid's birthday. :leaving

anmracing2

Way to go, way to forget your kid's birthday. :leaving

:smilelol Tough crowd!!! :smilelol

I'll see if I can get that day off.

Andrew

We'll be there. Rick & Jill. btw... nice touch adding all the details of the event on the initial post!

anmracing2

Sometimes this crowd knows what they are doing....... Sometimes........... :D

Welcome to the group!

Andrew

Desertdawg

For this cruise find someone that hasn't been on the board or at an event for sometime. PM, email, call them and suggest they may not want to miss this one.

Count us in!

And now to find a long lost member to drag along!!!

Robert and Elizabeth

I'm just trying to figure this one out. Either you drive to work and then go another 8 miles or your commute is 0 miles. Math was always my strong suit but this one confused me. :huh

Sorry Eddie, I had been up for almost 24 hours at that point. You can see it in how badly I typed it too. It is 8 miles from home for each of us. I am on nights and Robert is days.

black beauty

Sorry Eddie, I had been up for almost 24 hours at that point. You can see it in how badly I typed it too. It is 8 miles from home for each of us. I am on nights and Robert is days.

Count Cindy and Bob in also

Count me in. Don't know if Eva will make it. The last trip thru there almost did it for her. :R & E: Congrats to Robert & Elizabeth on the great new jobs! :thumbs

Count me in. Don't know if Eva will make it. The last trip thru there almost did it for her. :R & E: Congrats to Robert & Elizabeth on the great new jobs! :thumbs

Tell Eva to come along. A lot of folks will be playing but I got stopped by DPS the last time up Yarnell so I'll be on my best behavior at least through there. Never good to get stopped by the same cop. :lol

EDIT: Check original post for new details

black beauty

Hi Ed, We have six verts going Bob,Black Beauty

black beauty

Hi Ed, cindy and Bob Wll go. Also Jack, Bob L, Don, Bob,robert. Total 6 verts.