• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jagoff

• F22trainer

• Grape Ape

• Christine

I won't be going but that's just me. Trying to show my support for Pete and Christine. Would have been pretty cool to see though.

Guest racingchester

Not I... Don't like being screwed over. Pete and Christine put alot of work into this only to be shut down. I hope no one shows up....... :partygrnhat:

OK..My son and I stopped by the Jets for Vets -

1. Small number of cars

2. 2 C4's

3. Couple nice 70's and 60's

4. one Z06

It's was a small area so I understand why the had limited numbers - spoke to one individual - older gentlemen (most of them were)...he made sure I knew that they were a social club and said "NO Racing. Some of those other clubs have some race..but we are a social club".

96.1 was there ..but not many people. Really not worth the $27.00 admission (2 people).

spoke to one individual - older gentlemen (most of them were)...he made sure I knew that they were a social club and said "NO Racing. Some of those other clubs have some race..but we are a social club".

Hmm... Sounds familiar....

Yes, SDC is a social club, and they don't race. TCC on the other hand, is a race club, and have auto crosses and drag race events all year.

There was one '66, one '69 BB, two '71 coupes, one '75 coupe, a VERY NICE ZR-1, three other C4s, and a load of C5s, and C6s. It was a very nice event.

I have been there for the admission price just to see the planes. The Vettes were just and extra bonus.

After over 25 years in the AF - Working with B-52s and then reconnaissance aircraft Sr71, U2, RC-135 and some C130s..I've seen soooo many air shows and soooooo many "stuffed" aircraft....you sort of get use to them being around...

LOL....well I was on the other side of that, first in the infantry and then a tanker, so seeing the planes is nice.

I still enjoy a good tank museum.

OK..My son and I stopped by the Jets for Vets -

1. Small number of cars

2. 2 C4's

3. Couple nice 70's and 60's

4. one Z06

It's was a small area so I understand why the had limited numbers - spoke to one individual - older gentlemen (most of them were)...he made sure I knew that they were a social club and said "NO Racing. Some of those other clubs have some race..but we are a social club".

96.1 was there ..but not many people. Really not worth the $27.00 admission (2 people).

GOOD!!!!! im freakin glad they had such a crappy turn out. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually they had a pretty good turn out. It would have been better to have some ACE cars there as well.

If you would have let me deal with it like I offered, ACE would have been in attendance, but you decided to 'handle" it on your own. At that point, it was way beyond my ability to repair.

Life's too short for drama queens .. ACE is the Place :)

Was a bee-yoo-tee-full day for a drive to Cave Creek and the food at Harold's was great.

The conversation was excellent ..gearheads, Vettes, food, what's not to like?

-Frank

Actually they had a pretty good turn out. It would have been better to have some ACE cars there as well.

If you would have let me deal with it like I offered, ACE would have been in attendance, but you decided to 'handle" it on your own. At that point, it was way beyond my ability to repair.

Actually he was already handling it when you offered to help. At which point we were starting to realize the true side of the "other clubs". The explanation you gave us in the PM was fine and very neutral but at the time you offered to help the CO in the Air Force already spoke to Pete about not attending.

I just find the whole "if you would have let me deal with it" comment like a blow to the stomach. I know we are young, but we aren't little kids. Let's all be nice here, and let this whole thing go. It is what it is and what happened was unpreventable - regardless of who stepped in.

Like we said before, we are just going to permanently delete this from our personal calendar from now on.

Can we close this thread? I am kinda over the whole thing.

I have agree with Christine, I'm going to lock this down...

Any further discussion should be taken to PM or email.

Or I can have your CO call you.... :lol :lol :lol