NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Vettes And Jets Car Show

jagoff

WOW, just WOW! I was happy with Pete and Christine breakin down this "barrier", but alas, Mr. AZZHAT had to go and stick his finger in the pie!!! :devil

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jagoff

• F22trainer

• Grape Ape

• Christine

Guest racingchester

If it would't be a black eye for all Vette owners an article in the Tucson Star would be neat........

....I'm starting to wonder about my kharma.

(See "leaky head gasket...") Doesn't look like I would have made it anyway, but damn I was jazzed!

hang the garlic and say a blessing.

Thanks again to Pete and Christine for all the hard work. You guys are AWSOME......

Thanks dude. thanks everyone, this is an awesome club.

I must say that I am really surprised. Last year I was part of the show and had a good time them. If there was a problem between ACE and who ever I didn’t see it, maybe it was me, who knows. I was a pilot in the Air Force many moons ago and am really disappointed in any commanding officer telling a subordinate they can not attend a non Air Force event on their own time. When I as in I had some commanders that you had to really wonder about but this is above and beyond. I would also like to know what the riff/problem is. Suffice it say this is an event that I will permanently remove from my calendar. Pete thanks for all the help and your efforts it is greatly appreciated.

Don

Guest Z01Mike

well if a bunch of us Veterans got together i am sure we could make the commanders life miserable! A little press goes a long way!

well if a bunch of us Veterans got together i am sure we could make the commanders life miserable! A little press goes a long way!

:agreeIN

i am going to inquire tomorrow into this!

Talk to Pete before you do. Don't stir the pot without his permission please.

i am going to inquire tomorrow into this!

Talk to Pete before you do. Don't stir the pot without his permission please.

Pete got told that they are not going to do anything about his CO because the guy is leaving in a month and they don't want to put a stain on his folder. He isn't allowed to comment further but I can because I am not his wife! HA! Anyway, ACE and it's members are civilians and can do what they please without any backlash going back to Pete what-so-ever, according to Pete's boss.

Frankly I wouldn't mind helping out if it meant showing Pima Air Space Museum that they shouldn't invite people to their events if it is "Exclusive", they should have just said so from the beginning.

I am still considering going to go down there myself (since it's less than a mile away from where we currently live) and walk in the office and ask to speak to them directly and ask why they would do such a thing. Let them know they have a club of 800+ who is quite disappointed in their behavior. Let them know that I am not Air Force and I can freely speak to a news crew or newspaper if I felt the need.

Anyway PM us if you want to talk on the phone about further actions...otherwise I am just going to continue on my life knowing I belong to a really kick a$$ club that is becoming more and more everyday like a family to me.

My C4 is shinny..it's not 100% but it look good!!! I won't mind bring it.

Maybe I could brake next to the SR-71 - I use to do recon planning for the some of blackbird's missions.

Let me know.

I got an email that said there might be a problem with another club...??????

Tim

My suggestion....

Shrug it off, find somewhere to get everyone together next Sunday (Lunch), and laugh your butts off at how childish people can be.

Wow, I read this last night at work and was just floored!!!!! I really did not know what to say so I left it alone till now. Is this the Official "SHOWS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN" update? I agree with Desertdawg, there is a lunch already planned for that day in Cave Creek. I don't know if I really want to be hanging around a bunch of people that THINK they own a Vette and all you can see of them is their nose hairs that need clipping or you could go ski jumping off the end of it!!! I have never in my life looked down on anyone just because they belong to or are associated with a different group of people that I know of. Let's not cause to much trouble in a place that doesn't really need more. If they want to act like a bunch of Grade School kids that have to have the monkey bars all to themselves, then let them have it. They will get theirs one day, just watch. I for one will not ever be going to this show again. Might not even go to the Museum again for that matter. Who knows. Thanks Pete and Christine for all you've done to try and get this going. And who ever else was involved with this.

I just noticed you are a Husker....I gradudate from the University of Nebraska (ok...it was in Omaha, but I try not to think of that).

Oh..trust me there is a lot of snobbery in the local car clubs:

1. I was at one event (before my -Ford was even a V8 --sorry about the "F" word) and there was one club that only sat a drank beer the entire event - I'm thinking...I can get down with that.. one of the members there told a story about how they wouldn't let him participate with his <F> in one of the Mustang clubs (which I won't name because I'm still a member) and one of their officers (they actually have board members - and >>>yawn>>>> elections) made a few unkind comments about my straight 6.

2. I attended another event at SIR I even got there early and offered to help set up and was pretty much ignored - until I took the Mustang out on the drag strip - but I didn't have a new Mustang and I don't live the on west side..so.. Anyway after the event I get a email from a "board member" saying - we didn't have enough help, we'll be canceling the next event..yadda ....yadda..yadda

These are some of the reasons why I was hoping ACE was a good bet...since I now own a vette. I've also enjoyed the TireKickers they just meet at the Lucky Wishbone on Wednesdays - on myside of town.

Now I think the parking lot is paved at the Pima county Air "petting zoo" we could all show up early and park in the very back - pull all are vettes in a row...a protest of sorts.

Or we can drive past with our windows open and show them our butts!!!!

Ya, I think I'd be more upset about your CO being a Jagoff than not attending with the oldest and snottiest Corvette people I've met to date. I've met with both of the other Tucson Corvette clubs, and was very turned off to both of them.

The "Leader" of one of the clubs explained to me that they are really more of a social club, and that they don't like to do driving events. At the other, I sat with a group of maybe 6 guys that were all the youngest there, and all had 40 years on me. We sat at a different table from the rest of the group as it appeared to me that we hadn't yet earned the right to sit with the chosen ones. One guy at the kids table sat there and told a heroing story about the time he went 80 mph on a motorcyle, and the rest of them sat there all white knuckled gripping their chairs as they were amazed at his bravery.

Dood. Go ACE!!!!

I like your style Chris. :thumbs

Digital Disaster

This is a perfect example why I have no desire to belong to a Corvette club - this AZVETTE guy is obviously a petty doucherocket of the first order.

If ACE is regarded as an "outlaw" group by those waxers, that's what I'm looking for.

"Doucherocket"... That one's new. I may have to add that to my arsenal....

Guest Avenged87fold

I am not suprised in the slightest. I bet $1000 Pete's CC is there with his own Vette from one of these other clubs.

Well, I was going to go with my family, but not my Vette....now I think I'll spend more money at teh Super Chevy instead.... thsmiley77.gif

I am not suprised in the slightest. I bet $1000 Pete's CC is there with his own Vette from one of these other clubs.

Oh, now that would be bad.

Who the hell is this BSeery guy???? Was anyone talking to him???

I know he's just trying to catch my post count :lol

Just what this group needs -- more drama :bs

thisjustin.gif

As long as everyone understands that Pete and I had no intentions to let this come down to a "drama" thread...we do our best to stay out of the drama-enriched environments.

Even if they re-offered us to attend we wouldn't just for the simple fact that SOMEONE in one of the clubs went through a lot of effort to keep us out, really I don't feel like it would benefit us what-so-ever to shake hands with someone who has intentions to stab us in the back.

Those other clubs, their outrageous membership fees and their members can kiss the inside of a monkey's butt. tongueout.gif

As long as everyone understands that Pete and I had no intentions to let this come down to a "drama" thread...we do our best to stay out of the drama-enriched environments.

This thread is just a perfect example of why ACE is ACE, it was started to get away from these other clubs and their attitudes.

I really thank you for posting what has happened, it just makes me even that much prouder to be part of :ACE: