NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Vettes And Jets Car Show

jagoff

Can make it this year, a friend of ours son passed away and we are going to spend some time with them that sunday.

Don

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jagoff

• F22trainer

• Grape Ape

• Christine

so, is this thing all filled up????

yes dude, sorry. doesnt mean that you cant come and enjoy the show! ill let you know if anyone backs out.

:cool

your in dude.

so, is this thing all filled up????

yes dude, sorry. doesnt mean that you cant come and enjoy the show! ill let you know if anyone backs out.

:cool

your in dude.

...now all I need to do is find the directions :partydance:

shall we caravan, chuck?

I'm just guessin', but is this at the Pima Museum, Tucson?

If that's the case, my car should know the way

We could hook up with Mark (Mr husker) in the south end of town.......

Sounds good to me. The Wife will be with as well. We are wearing our ACE shirts as well so they know who we are. Although I don't think that will be a problem. If I can't get my car back in time, I will let you know but Joe said it should not be a problem.

So Pete got a rather disturbing phone call this afternoon.

After all the work he and I have put into this, being promised 5 slots from Brian Ewenson(Director of Education & Programs) and Dan Ryan (Executive Director of Pima Air Space Museum) having to email the jerkwad (aka mr. azvette aka JIM GRAY) about registration...etc, Pete received a phone call from his Commander (which if anyone knows Air Force stuff usually is only supposed to happen in an emergency or for direct Air Force business) who stated that ACE was not allowed to participate in the Vettes and Jets Car Show due to "insurance liability & purposes".

What does this have to do with the AIR FORCE?!?!?

And why was it that a Commander called Pete and not Mr. Ewenson or Mr. Ryan to say "Hey we messed up, you can't participate." ?

I have taken this very personal since I have been doing all the phone calls to Brian and Dan. I am a civilian, I am not married or engaged to Pete, nor do I have any direct relation to Davis Monthan, so how they think calling Pete and telling him that he and his friends who were already promised and committed to participating are now unable to participate has ANYTHING to do with the Air Force or Pima Air Space Museum is besides me!!

Why is this such a big deal? Why is this supposed to be so "Exclusive" ? Pima Air Space Museum is a NON profit organization... this is a PIMA AIR SPACE event... why post it on your PUBLIC calendar if the PUBLIC can't participate... WHAT IS SO DAMN SPECIAL ABOUT THE CORVETTES FROM OTHER CLUBS?!?

I was looking at last years pictures from it... OUR PEOPLE WERE IN IT LAST YEAR!! WTF!!!

Would it help if I just drove Pete's car there myself, flashed a fake smile and pretended to be a nobody?

Are these people holding that much of a grudge over bull crap drama that they are going through all these hoops to keep us out?! And try to get Pete in personal trouble with his squadron?! SERIOUSLY? This is beyond childish.

Due to the potentially legal issues getting involved with my commander calling me directly to kick me out of a car show, i am not allowed to comment on the issue. I'm not very happy, lets just put it at that. anybody know a lawyer?

Christine, is this AZVETTE a memeber of our forum???

Pete, I am recently retired from the AF (less than 1 year). I, know you're still a young guy, but I don't see how your commander has ANY right to tell you what you can or cannot do on YOUR time that is not illegal, immoral, or off limits to ALL AF members. He is WAY off-base in telling you not to participate and goes beyond his legal rights as your commander.

I know you don't want to get into trouble, but if you really want to do this show and the hosts are willing to have you, I'd go talk to legal before backing out.

Ya know... Initially, I didn't care what the drama was that caused all these bad feelings. But now with it being THIS big a deal, I'd kinda like to know. I need no names, but, WTF happened?

Christine, is this AZVETTE a memeber of our forum???

Pete, I am recently retired from the AF (less than 1 year). I, know you're still a young guy, but I don't see how your commander has ANY right to tell you what you can or cannot do on YOUR time that is not illegal, immoral, or off limits to ALL AF members. He is WAY off-base in telling you not to participate and goes beyond his legal rights as your commander.

I know you don't want to get into trouble, but if you really want to do this show and the hosts are willing to have you, I'd go talk to legal before backing out.

Pete says Thanks and he is already taking care of it.

I will keep you guys updated. Being able to go to the show or not, this is getting into personal attacks. Pete is a young guy, thus not part of the "past"...dumb that this HAS become a Air Force matter which to ME as a civilian is a crock of doggie poo...

Oh and I don't believe azvette is part of this forum I am pretty sure he is on his own forum azvette.com which btw does not list him as a board member.

The show and the hosts is where this whole ordeal gets really fishy...Pima hosts the event, we were ok'd by the executive of Pima, but suddenly Pete's commander says he can't go... how that all ties together I will soon find out..

Well I wish Pete good luck.

Like I said, in my opinion and EXPERIENCE, the commander has no legal right in this matter. Especially since it is a civilian affair, Pete has broken no laws, wants to participate in a legal event, and will not be representing the AF in any fashion.

There are certain things commanders can direct/order a member to stay away from...this is NOT one of them. :toetap

While I know they've pulled a few boners on occaision - this is just hurtful. sounds like someone is being an aZZ...:nutkick:

My condolences to all who gave their best efforts in an attempt to get us in the event. I was really looking forward to it :thankyouthankyou: - however briefly that may have been. Also, as a former museum professional I find it very difficult to believe the museum staff to be at fault - their job is to get as many people in the door by increasing public awareness - and their lawyers know just how to advise/handle events like this.

Bummer - maybe next time! :ACE:

Sounds like a bunch of douchebags. Don't know why you'd want to go to a show that they're at if that's the case. Still pretty much BS about the effort they went to keep you (us) out of it. But the best way I'd say to go about it is to boycott any events that they go to and also boycott any vendors who support their club.

:toetap

While I know they've pulled a few boners on occaision - this is just hurtful. sounds like someone is being an aZZ...:nutkick:

My condolences to all who gave their best efforts in an attempt to get us in the event. I was really looking forward to it :thankyouthankyou: - however briefly that may have been. Also, as a former museum professional I find it very difficult to believe the museum staff to be at fault - their job is to get as many people in the door by increasing public awareness - and their lawyers know just how to advise/handle events like this.

This is two years in a row we've been asked not to attend.

This is also why ACE is what ACE is. And why I am not a member of one of those other clubs.

This is two years in a row we've been asked not to attend.

This is also why ACE is what ACE is. And why I am not a member of one of those other clubs.

hmmmmm, "asked not to attend?" :jd

Maybe we can organize our own event and ask them not to attend! That might be fun too!

...just kidding - that's not :ACE: our style.

But I'm just STUNNED!

ROFL.. ok .. Tell the C.O to show you the reg or suck it up.

Talk to the Staff Judge Advocate about your CO .. they can and will straighten his ass out.. to the tune of redline promotions, not ever getting another promotion, RIF, and any number of interesting things they do to keep the troops happy and weed out CO's with God complexes.

Go ahead .. ask me how I know.

-Frank (documented troublemaker, directly responsible for more than a few jerks redlined, busted, and just plain ordered elsewhere due to *their* actions ..flightline ops doesnt tolerate assholes screwin with their troops)

Pete received a phone call from his Commander who stated that ACE was not allowed to participate in the Vettes and Jets Car Show due to "insurance liability & purposes"..

Apparently someone from TCC holds a high position in the air force, or has pictures of the Commander in a compromising position...

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to just to oppose ACE.

Pete and all those involved in this, I would like to apologize for all of your troubles, being an ACE member isn't supposed to conflict with your life, work or family.

My suggestion....

Shrug it off, find somewhere to get everyone together next Sunday (Lunch), and laugh your butts off at how childish people can be.

Or we can drive past with our windows open and show them our butts!!!!

Ya, I think I'd be more upset about your CO being a Jagoff than not attending with the oldest and snottiest Corvette people I've met to date. I've met with both of the other Tucson Corvette clubs, and was very turned off to both of them.

The "Leader" of one of the clubs explained to me that they are really more of a social club, and that they don't like to do driving events. At the other, I sat with a group of maybe 6 guys that were all the youngest there, and all had 40 years on me. We sat at a different table from the rest of the group as it appeared to me that we hadn't yet earned the right to sit with the chosen ones. One guy at the kids table sat there and told a heroing story about the time he went 80 mph on a motorcyle, and the rest of them sat there all white knuckled gripping their chairs as they were amazed at his bravery.

Dood. Go ACE!!!!

So....is that what this all boils down to? ACE is a bunch of gearhead scofflaws that actually dare to drive their performance cars? Did we piss in one of their members' cheerios or do some lurid smokey burnout at one of their old phart get togethers?

I missed something. If we're gonna be shunned, I wanna earn it, ya know? :banannasword:

P.S. "Documented Troublemaker"??? Is there a college course where I can earn that degree? :smilelol

Did we piss in one of their members' cheerios

I don't know if it was pissing in their cheerios or flipping them off that did it :lol

MorningCereal.jpg

I missed something. If we're gonna be shunned, I wanna earn it, ya know? :banannasword:

Best quote evah!

Sounds like you would have had a crappy time anyway. As far as the CO goes, Id take Frank's advice and be down at base legal first thing Monday morning.

For the azzhat club members, you probably don't have the requisite number of gold chains to hang out with them.

My suggestion....

Shrug it off, find somewhere to get everyone together next Sunday (Lunch), and laugh your butts off at how childish people can be.

Wow, I read this last night at work and was just floored!!!!! I really did not know what to say so I left it alone till now. Is this the Official "SHOWS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN" update? I agree with Desertdawg, there is a lunch already planned for that day in Cave Creek. I don't know if I really want to be hanging around a bunch of people that THINK they own a Vette and all you can see of them is their nose hairs that need clipping or you could go ski jumping off the end of it!!! I have never in my life looked down on anyone just because they belong to or are associated with a different group of people that I know of. Let's not cause to much trouble in a place that doesn't really need more. If they want to act like a bunch of Grade School kids that have to have the monkey bars all to themselves, then let them have it. They will get theirs one day, just watch. I for one will not ever be going to this show again. Might not even go to the Museum again for that matter. Who knows. Thanks Pete and Christine for all you've done to try and get this going. And who ever else was involved with this.