Bring your daily ride to race at Speedworld (not your Vette)

Robert and Elizabeth

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert and Elizabeth

• bigmike32172

• Big Poppa

• Loud Pedal

well that was a good time. There was very few people at the track so I got to make 4 runs in a short amout of time.

Chad/Phxscooby101 used new DR tires and ate his half shafts. Had to towed home. :(

For the SUV class My best time was 16.205

my GRoss vehicle is 6400lb

So my "score" would be 16.205 -6.4 = 9.805

I was happy about today because all my reation times and E/T were constintant across the board.

thx E for putting this up.

Glad to hear it went well.

Went out last night for dinner at 6:00 PM and did not end up getting home around 4:00 AM this morning. I woke up around 8:30 and said I might be too tired to try and make it out to the track today. So I went back to sleep until 1:00 PM.

Catch everyone at the next event.

Phil... :devil

Robert and Elizabeth

We had a blast today. Even though not to many ACE members showed, we still had a great time. The wait in line to drag went fast because they were not too busy. I believe the winner of the fastest SUV goes to blakmagik and his Range Rover. Even though his times were a tad slower than Chad's, his weight was more, so with Chad's calculations, blakmajik won so far. Yes, Chad did throw a hissy when he found this out. :P

Here are our times. What matters to me is that I beat Robert the very first and only time I went down the track. We also rode with both of us in the Denali, so our times would be slowed up a bit.

My best was 16.65 and Robert's was 16.76. Our gross weight is 7200lbs according to our door panel plus a car seat. Chad you do the math, does ours beat out blakmajik?

E~

:rockon2: Sweet day, wish we could've run more earlier while it was still so cool. Sorry to see those half-shafts let go! Drag radials hooked too good. :banghead

Mike's Viper is gorgeous, even though it should've been black. Killer race cars there today, and those lawnmower choppers were good for a chuckle, one guy sat in the pits and did a 2.5 hp burnout! :burnout2

I also got to meet two of the "legends" of the Mopar LX forums and check out their modded 300C Hemis and shoot the bull.

Timmy pulled a length on me at the top end when we raced, but I would warn any stock C5's that this big pig can move. My best run was a 13.445 at 107.035 mph, and that was with a totally sucky 2.051 60 ft.

Nice to meet those I didn't know, and good to make fun of those I do. Didn't get too many pix, and none of the racing, but that's your problem for not showing up...here's the linky: ACE Daily Driver Drags

And here's probably the most photo-chopable, is that the 'funky chicken' Robert? :smilelol

DSC00020.jpg

sorry I could not make it, woke up at 3am with the flu, and have not wandered far from el bano all day. Looks sunny ourside, hope everyone had a blast

Both half shafts said bye bye, when i shifted into second. The dana 44 and yokes look good with no damage, but borh half shafts that connect to the spline next to the wheel are hurting. so its time to upgrade all the yokes and half shafts. Chad R

Guest Z01Mike
:rockon2: Sweet day, wish we could've run more earlier while it was still so cool. Sorry to see those half-shafts let go! Drag radials hooked too good. :banghead

Mike's Viper is gorgeous, even though it should've been black. Killer race cars there today, and those lawnmower choppers were good for a chuckle, one guy sat in the pits and did a 2.5 hp burnout! :burnout2

I also got to meet two of the "legends" of the Mopar LX forums and check out their modded 300C Hemis and shoot the bull.

Timmy pulled a length on me at the top end when we raced, but I would warn any stock C5's that this big pig can move. My best run was a 13.445 at 107.035 mph, and that was with a totally sucky 2.051 60 ft.

Nice to meet those I didn't know, and good to make fun of those I do. Didn't get too many pix, and none of the racing, but that's your problem for not showing up...here's the linky: ACE Daily Driver Drags

And here's probably the most photo-chopable, is that the 'funky chicken' Robert? :smilelol

DSC00020.jpg

you must have met danrealtor and meister! My name on those forums is SRT8AZ! Dan called me from the track and gave me hell for being sick!

well that was a good time. There was very few people at the track so I got to make 4 runs in a short amout of time.

Chad/Phxscooby101 used new DR tires and ate his half shafts. Had to towed home. :(

I was happy about today because all my reation times and E/T were constintant across the board.

Ok so using the formula

my best time was 16.542

My gross vehicle weight is 6768 lbs

so 16.542 - 6.7 = 9.842 :duel:

Thanks for posting the pics. Had a great time. Even got to race against Tim for the last one. I have a video but it's not very good. I had my Wife taking the video and she doesn't know how to use it very well to say the least. You should be able to tell when I was using it and she was. :cfdeadagain Anyway, I will have it up and posted as soon as I get it rendered. I included everything that was taken so it will be about 10 minutes or so. Sorry Tim, the last race didn't come out very well for us. Next time I will have someone else use the camera I think. Anyway, Thanks for a fun day. :banannasword:

Ok so using the formula

my best time was 16.542

My gross vehicle weight is 6768 lbs

so 16.542 - 6.7 = 9.842 :duel:

Well, you could always round 6768 up to 6800 or 6.8 and have a 9.742! :lol

Robert and Elizabeth

Alright, using Cahd's formumla, here is our times

Elizabeth 16.65-7.2=9.45

Robert 16.76-7.2=9.56

I guess that means I won the SUV class after all. Whooppeee!!!!

Even though Chad and Blakmajak were quicker, I was heavier than all of them and that helps with the calcs.

As far a the winner in the car series, I would guess it was bigmike32172 in his Viper running 12's all day, with a peronsal best of 12.00.

As far a the winner in the truck series, it was phxscooby101 in her Frontier truck. She had no competetion in the ACE truck category.

Congratulations to all who participated. It was a blast to see everyone and also to see some of the top fuel cars do their thing. Boy, are they LOUD!!!!!!!!

Thank you Dean for all the great pix! You rock. I especially like the chicken one of Robert!

OK, so... I wasn't involved and may have no dog in this fight, but... I don't like Cahd's formula as GVWR isn't the weight of the vehicle. It's the weight that it's allowed to weigh before the manufacturer declares it unsafe. I think you need to implement Cahd's formula, but use actual weight. You'll have to google it as it usually isn't printed on the vehicle, but I beleve that would be a more accurate asessment. And really, I don't care who wins, cause I wasn't there. Making me the biggest loser anyway.

The video is taking forever to upload to photobucket. I'll try and have it on tomorrow. Hope everyone made it home safe and sound. Chad, sorry you had to be towed. I was watching at the time you ran and thought it kind of weird you stopped about 100 feet from the launch. Good luck with the repairs. Now on the lighter side of things. Got home and the wife took a little nap. When she got up, my youngest Daughter came into the room laughing. She asked if I had seen Mom yet? I said yeah, she's right there, pointing at her. Then she told me to really look at her. She has these Sunglasses on her face and she isn't even wearing any. Did anyone else get the red face today?

Sorry I didn't make it, big dummy me answered the phone at 330 am with the boss on the other end saying they really needed me to take a call to fix a switch... I was signed off and knew better than to answer.... :banghead

Hope everyone had fun!

i am home finally...only took 24 hours.

And I think Brian should win something for his 23.?? run! :3gears:

:agree my best run was a 23.461 and the weight of the jeep 4300....so what do i win?

Sorry I didn't make it, big dummy me answered the phone at 330 am with the boss on the other end saying they really needed me to take a call to fix a switch... I was signed off and knew better than to answer.... :banghead

Hope everyone had fun!

Ditto. Had an 8am call with a client which was supposed to take 20 minutes and turned into an all-day project. :banghead

When's the next track day?

OK, here are the videos, if you want to call them that. Sorry it took so long to get them up but I had to split it up into 4 sections. Photobucket only lets you upload max 5 minutes per video. So they are numbered from 1 - 4. Please don't shoot the messenger. If anyone wants a better quality, let me know and I can E-mail you the original in better format. Photobucket seems to degrade the quality for some reason.

th_SpeedworldDragStrip-02-17-2008-1.jpg

th_SpeedworldDragStrip-02-17-2008-2.jpg

th_SpeedworldDragStrip-02-17-2008-3.jpg

th_SpeedworldDragStrip-02-17-2008-4.jpg

Hey Tim, guess what I got today???? Going to you know where tomorrow!!