Bring your daily ride to race at Speedworld (not your Vette)

Robert and Elizabeth

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert and Elizabeth

• bigmike32172

• Big Poppa

• Loud Pedal

Bring out the killer bee!!! :yesnod

First off, what kind of sticky tires do you have on it? Are they DRs or slicks?

The killer bee does not go down the track until she gets her double disc clutch back in, the rear end is rebuilt to handle DRs. If you want to do a 50mph roll on, bring it, were down. My current Michelin PS1's can't handle 1st gear at all and my stock clutch is on borrowed time. These are our terms. And lastly, where would we do this legally or on private property???

E~

I think is has the PS1's, but anything is better than the run craps.

Seeing your car is handicapped at the moment, I will spot you a couple of car lengths, but with the HP & TQ you're making that thing should be in the 10's no problem seeing my Z is running 11.8 with 100 less rear wheel than yours has.

Robert and Elizabeth

The killer bee does not go down the track until she gets her double disc clutch back in, the rear end is rebuilt to handle DRs. If you want to do a 50mph roll on, bring it, were down. My current Michelin PS1's can't handle 1st gear at all and my stock clutch is on borrowed time. These are our terms. And lastly, where would we do this legally or on private property???

E~

Seeing your car is handicapped at the moment, I will spot you a couple of car lengths, but with the HP & TQ you're making that thing should be in the 10's no problem seeing my Z is running 11.8 with 100 less rear wheel than yours has.

We will talk more about this at Speedworld. I would like to make an event out of this where everyone can watch you watch our tail lights each and every time. This would be a great ACE event for the near future. The new rear end and DRs will go on later this month hopefully if Jason L is not too busy. The double disc soon after. Then we can do it from a dead stop at the strip. Or maybe a 0-160mph on a runway somewhere. Anyone have connections?????

E~

We will talk more about this at Speedworld. I would like to make an event out of this where everyone can watch you watch our tail lights each and every time. This would be a great ACE event for the near future. The new rear end and DRs will go on later this month hopefully if Jason L is not too busy. The double disc soon after. Then we can do it from a dead stop at the strip. Or maybe a 0-160mph on a runway somewhere. Anyone have connections?????

See this is how it all starts! Don't make me build another 900RWHP Viper :lol

Robert and Elizabeth

E~

See this is how it all starts! Don't make me build another 900RWHP Viper :lol

Why not, the killer bee will be a 900hp at the motor on pump gas when we are done. And, it will still be a daily driver for E~.

Robert and Elizabeth
...Or maybe a 0-160mph on a runway somewhere. Anyone have connections?????

:smilelol

Devils! The lot of you!

I was actually thinking of Mark and Luke AFB where we have more room. But, if your volunteering, yours will do! :lol

E~

Guest Z01Mike

i am going to get the escalade tuned before we run by Nic hopefully! Hey i would love to run that viper! Why cause the cars i run faster than me i always seem to improve my times!

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, this is who I have so far. Please chime in with your intentions ASAP so I can get us our own lane at Speedworld. The track is reserved for us on Feb. 17th.

Here is the updated list by vehicle class:

SUV

Cahd-Durango

Robert and Elizabeth-Denali XL

84vette-Wrangler

Blakmajik-Range Rover

Ted Yoder-Xterra

Jason L-Envoy

ZO1Mike-Escalade

Jenna-Jeep Commander

Car

1EvilC5-MB S600

Eddie44-MB or Mazda

MOTV8-300C SRT8

Malcolm-Acura TL

Andrew-GTO

Melissa-Mitsubishi Spyder (maybe)

Kristin L-Magnum (maybe)

Big Poppa-Vette (maybe)

Truck

Devryn-Ram

Desertdawg-Ford (maybe)

Eudlose-Ford dually

_AL-Ford dually (maybe)

TBD

BlewXU in some sort of Cadillac....

bigmike32172-H2 or Viper???????

Ok everyone, lets get our redneck on!!!!!

Updated 2/5/08 @ 2120

Ok, this is who I have so far. Please chime in with your intentions ASAP so I can get us our own lane at Speedworld. The track is reserved for us on Feb. 17th.

SUV

Cahd-Durango

84vette-Wrangler

Blakmajik-Range Rover

Ted Yoder-Xterra

Jason L-Envoy

ZO1Mike-Escalade

Jenna-Jeep Commander

Car

1EvilC5-MB S600

Eddie44-MB or Mazda

MOTV8-300C SRT8

Malcolm-Acura TL

Andrew-GTO

Kristin L-Magnum (maybe)

Big Poppa-Vette (maybe)

Truck

Devryn-Ram

Desertdawg-Ford (maybe)

Eudlose-Ford dually

_AL-Ford dually (maybe)

TBD

bigmike32172-H2 or Viper???????

Updated 2/5/08 @ 2120

The old lady has been given the H2, so it looks like the Viper will be making her grand appearance. :banannasword:

3,503 lbs of trouble
Someone suggested this yesterday and we busted a gut laughing so hard it was brilliant. We all should do this in our daily drivers, not Vettes if possible.

Wow, you're all brave. I made several runs in my '97 T-bird dd at Firebird five years ago. Seriously damaged the transmission and destroyed the engine & tranny mounts. $2k worth of repairs later I decided it was better to purchase a Vette to race than the car I needed to get me to work and back. Before I wised up I invested in having my 4R70W transmission rebuilt by a racing shop. It was guaranteed now to handle up to 650 hp. My 165 hp 3.8 V6 has no chance of damaging it anymore, BUT the extremely firm shifts produced by my TransGo shift kit destroy my motor mounts frequently. Expensive lesson #1 learned. Expensive lesson #2 was learning that the Vette broke even easier while racing than the T-bird did. :banghead but at least I won races in the Vette. :checkeredflag:

I've now retired from racing.

Let's just say if your dd has a weak point due to age and miles or whatever, you're probably going to find it :lol Good luck...

Get off your high horse there Danny boy and bring that kitchen sink out for some fun!!!

3,503 lbs of trouble
Get off your high horse there Danny boy and bring that kitchen sink out for some fun!!!

:smilelol

Robert and Elizabeth

SUV

Cahd-Durango

84vette-Wrangler

Blakmajik-Range Rover (maybe)

Jason L-Envoy

ZO1Mike-Escalade

Car

1EvilC5-Vette

Eddie44-MB or Mazda

MOTV8-300C SRT8

Malcolm-Acura TL

Andrew-GTO

Kristin L-Magnum (maybe)

bigmike32172-Viper

phxscooby101-Vette

kwikvet-Infiniti sedan

goldenC4-Vette (maybe)

goldenC4's friend-Cadillac CTS (maybe)

mrhusker-Vette

Truck

Devryn-Ram

Desertdawg-Ford

_AL-Ford dually (maybe)

phxscooby101 wife-Frontier truck

TBD

Price is $25 per driver, not per car. It is $15 to spectate. Remember if both you and someone else is driving the same vehicle you will both pay the $25 each. Everyone needs to wear long pants and have closed toed shoes. Clogs are not allowed. Gates open at 10am.

Updated 2/15/08 @ 0725

I'll be there this time with the Vette, since I was unable to attend the last Drag Meet. Thx

The wifey may drive the truck so she can beat those Caddy's :partydance: I'll let you know. Thx Chad R

I was thinking about bringing the Vette out to this - the Jeep would just leak power steering fluid all over the track. haha!

If my friend wanted to come and bring his Caddy CTS out, would that be okay?

SUV

Cahd-Durango

84vette-Wrangler

Blakmajik-Range Rover (maybe)

Ted Yoder-Xterra

Jason L-Envoy

ZO1Mike-Escalade

Jenna-Jeep Commander

Car

1EvilC5-MB S600

Eddie44-MB or Mazda

MOTV8-300C SRT8

Malcolm-Acura TL

Andrew-GTO

Kristin L-Magnum (maybe)

Big Poppa-Vette (maybe)

bigmike32172-Viper

phxscooby101-Vette

Truck

Devryn-Ram

Desertdawg-Ford

Eudlose-Ford dually

_AL-Ford dually (maybe)

phxscooby101 wife-truck (maybe)

TBD

Price is $25 per driver, not per car. It is $15 to spectate. Remember if both you and someone else is driving the same vehicle you will both pay the $25 each. Everyone needs to wear long pants and have closed toed shoes. Clogs are not allowed. Gates open at 10am.

Updated 2/11/7 @ 1040

WTF no Class for my ride and I brought my camel.

Robert and Elizabeth
I was thinking about bringing the Vette out to this - the Jeep would just leak power steering fluid all over the track. haha!

If my friend wanted to come and bring his Caddy CTS out, would that be okay?

You bet it would be ok.

I'll put you and your friend down as maybe.

Please add me as a maybe in my infiniti sedan. Might be fun to race those mercedes and acura for some grins and giggles.

Can someone please post a map and directions? Never been to speedworld before. Thanks

Bad news...

Work has me cornered. I am going to be 12-15 hr days until I can resolve some very elusive issues with software. Looks like the whole weekend is out for me - Gila and the drags. I was SO looking forward to this awesome weekend too.

You guys have fun and be safe. We'll be back around when I can pull my head above water.

Dave