Bring your daily ride to race at Speedworld (not your Vette)

Robert and Elizabeth

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert and Elizabeth

• bigmike32172

• Big Poppa

• Loud Pedal

Just a note to the schedule maker... E.... Being that the dually is my company vehicle (and not a take home), and that I value my employment status, I will not be attending in the dually. If I'm in town, I may attend in my Vette, but if it's still runnin lean, there will be no tom foolery. I'll see what I can put together.

It's almost worth asking da boss if I can race the truck, just to see the look on his face. I have a 26' car trailer for work that goes with the dually.... Not gonna happen, but I would suggest a trailer class as well... :partydance: You wanna talk about gettin yer redneck on... Race with yer trailer hooked up!!!

Robert and Elizabeth
Just a note to the schedule maker... E.... Being that the dually is my company vehicle (and not a take home), and that I value my employment status, I will not be attending in the dually. If I'm in town, I may attend in my Vette, but if it's still runnin lean, there will be no tom foolery. I'll see what I can put together.

It's almost worth asking da boss if I can race the truck, just to see the look on his face. I have a 26' car trailer for work that goes with the dually.... Not gonna happen, but I would suggest a trailer class as well... :partydance: You wanna talk about gettin yer redneck on... Race with yer trailer hooked up!!!

Why not race your buddy Zack's SRT10 truck?? He is already up in the Phoenix area. Or, how about Jewel's Honda?

I will remove you from the dually class and put you as a possible car class in your Vette for now.

Trucks pulling trailers and the potato sack race will be for next years event maybe. This is my first time doing this and I don't want to get too spread out right now.

E~

I hear ya. I thought long and hard about racing my Pontiac VIbe work car.

IMG_2151.jpg

but its not mine to race or damage.

Don't knock those trucks, they will kick a Vette's ass and with the flip of a switch, it's back to hauling dirt or pulling a trailer!!

This is a friend of mine from CA.

She has a built Z and her first 10 sec run was in her hubby's truck!!

It weighs 6300# and they haul the kids to school and do the grocery runs in it!!

kickass duramax

Ken

I just realized that the Ford is governed at 81MPH. As I understand it its because of the tire rating. Andrew, do you think it would be safe to lose the governer for a 1/4 mile pass or will the rubber come apart?

What rubber do you have on the truck? I've seen triple digits in my dodge and the tires were fine, or at least I didn't die that time.... I run Michelin LTX M/S on mine in the factory 235/70/17 size.

What rubber do you have on the truck? I've seen triple digits in my dodge and the tires were fine, or at least I didn't die that time.... I run Michelin LTX M/S on mine in the factory 235/70/17 size.

It's a 450 so it has commercial 19.5 rubber on it. They are massive which is what concerns me ( rotating mass likes to come apart ). I think Ford is likely very conservative with it. I can't image a stint into the buck-something range could do any damage. Anybody have access to a programmer to ditch the governer?

We were at Barrett Jackson most of the day today. Holy SMOKES they have some nice machines there. Got an in-person look at the ZR-1 too. It looks like its blue calipers regardless of which color you order. Sorry E~... Yeller and Blue? ugh

Too tired to post pics. Will post some in the AM.

Yeh, I wouldn't worry a bit. Those commercial tires are very strong. Generally what destroys tires is heat caused from overloading or low pressure. I would imagine that you would have to run at a very high speed (2 bills range) for an extended time to get the tire to come apart when properly inflated and with a small load. A quick sunday jaunt down the strip, I can't even fathom you having a problem.

Robert and Elizabeth
Got an in-person look at the ZR-1 too. It looks like its blue calipers regardless of which color you order. Sorry E~... Yeller and Blue? ugh

I agree, Yeller and blue? ugh! I can always paint them Yeller to look like Porsche PCCB (Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes) brakes... :lol

They may also change it due to public demand. I wonder whose bright idea that was???????

E~

Robert and Elizabeth

Yanno Dave, you could bring your Jeep Commander and compete with us in the SUV class. I am pretty sure it is governed higher than your Ford truck. Our Denali is higher than the 115mph we had it before. Just an idea to mull over...

I just realized that the Ford is governed at 81MPH. As I understand it its because of the tire rating. Andrew, do you think it would be safe to lose the governer for a 1/4 mile pass or will the rubber come apart?

As long as it's just short passes like that. It's not something you want to do for a prolonged period of time.

Andrew

Yanno Dave, you could bring your Jeep Commander and compete with us in the SUV class. I am pretty sure it is governed higher than your Ford truck. Our Denali is higher than the 115mph we had it before. Just an idea to mull over...

Jenna had already planned on taking that. She's never been on a drag stip before. :)

Robert and Elizabeth

Jenna had already planned on taking that. She's never been on a drag stip before. :)

I will add her to the SUV class. :thumbs

Ok, this is who I have so far. Please chime in with your intentions ASAP so I can get us our own lane at Speedworld. The track is reserved for us on Feb. 17th.

Here is the updated list by vehicle class:

SUV

Cahd-Durango

Robert and Elizabeth-Denali XL

84vette-Wrangler

Blakmajik-Range Rover

bigmike32172-H2

Ted Yoder-Xterra

Jason L-Envoy

ZO1Mike-Escalade

Jenna-Jeep Commander

Car

1EvilC5-MB S600

Eddie44-MB or Mazda

MOTV8-300C SRT8

Malcolm-Acura TL

Andrew-GTO

Melissa-Mitsubishi Spyder (maybe)

Kristin L-Magnum (maybe)

Big Poppa-Vette (maybe)

Truck

Devryn-Ram

Desertdawg-Ford (maybe)

Eudlose-Ford dually

_AL-Ford dually (maybe)

TBD

BlewXU in some sort of Cadillac....

Ok everyone, lets get our redneck on!!!!!

Updated 1/19/8 @ 1043

Robert and Elizabeth
i'll try to show!

see what the ole f350 powerstroke will run with 230k on the clock. (p.s. it's all stock..)

gotcha down as a maybe! :thumbs

I figured if I parked it next to the Z06 in the garage they will have a feud which will end up making the Z06 run quicker in the 1/4 mile :lol

I give the nod to the Z06 every time in the 1/4 as it's easier to get the power down. Of the two, I would also much rather have the Z06, but dude, mad props... That's an ACR... There's nothing uncool about that.

I give the nod to the Z06 every time in the 1/4 as it's easier to get the power down. Of the two, I would also much rather have the Z06, but dude, mad props... That's an ACR... There's nothing uncool about that.

Ha! I figured someone would appreciate the ACR, not many know what it is. I've always been a Chevy guy and have literally owned around 50 Chevy's now, and have had 2 Vipers now, but I have been thinking about picking up a 99 ACR as it's the first year of the ACR and the last year of the forged motor. Hopefully I can swing the deal in the next week.

It will be a nice add to the collection.

I'm starting to feel like Jay Leno. Can I have my own talk show now :smilelol

I might have a new daily driver by then...

ViperDriverSide.jpg

:thumbs thats the viper i always wanted............congrats.

Robert and Elizabeth

In Robert's humble opinion, He wanted the Viper first. We looked at one before we bought our Z. It was just so uncomfortable as a daily driver. Use the Viper as your track car and the Z for your daily driver. We say thumbs up for the ACR purchase. BTW, we noticed it was an ACR also. It is already a forged motor and so that makes it ready for forced induction! The only thing better than cubic inches is more cubic inches.