NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

We need more ACE cars-Tempe Kiwanis Car Show

Don&Patty

A couple of years ago the Tempe Kiwanis (Nuevo Club) put on a car show and according to there letter they had 83 entries one of which was me. For what ever reason they did not have a 2007 car show but are having one this coming March 1st. They sent me a letter wanting to know “if the car club to which you may belong would be interested in being an official host”? I know that we have talked about a car show but never had one and to the best of my knowledge have never been a host so maybe this would be an opportunity. I have no idea what a host does but the letter did say “a goodwill ambassadors might be a better description for your services along with promoting the show.” They do not expect any financial aid except for registration fees for car entrants. Anyway, though I’d raise the idea and see what you think.

EDIT: According to Don and Patty, we need 10 cars in order to host this. Sign up ASAP so we can get our name on the flyers. $30 per car for car show entry. You get a $5 reimbursement at the show for being there as an ACE representative. No other monetary needs are necessary for this. Lets go ACE!!!!

List so far:

Don and Patty-paid

Robert and Elizabeth-paid

AZ78Vette-paid

racingchester

Pete2000

bigmike32172 (maybe)

1EvilC5-paid

Bigfoot99-paid

p51tj-paid

mr husker-paid

84vette (maybe)

If you are interested, pm me your email addy and I will send you the flyers I was sent with all the info.

Location: On Baseline just east of Rural on north side of street. It is about 1/8 to 1/4 mile east of Rural by a Village Inn (I think). You will see the big 2 story balloon set up.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert and Elizabeth

• Don&Patty

• Grape Ape

• bigmike32172

Robert and Elizabeth
A couple of years ago the Tempe Kiwanis (Nuevo Clulb) put on a car show and according to there letter they had 83 entries one of which was me. For what ever reason they did not have a 2007 car show but are having one this coming March 1st. They sent me a letter wanting to know “if the car club to which you may belong would be interested in being an official host”? I know that we have talked about a car show but never had one and to the best of my knowledge have never been a host so maybe this would be an opportunity. I have no idea what a host does but the letter did say “a goodwill ambassadors might be a better description for your services along with promoting the show.” They do not expect any financial aid except for registration fees for car entrants. Anyway, though I’d raise the idea and see what you think.

Is there a time line that we need to get back to them about this?

I would also suggest sending the admin of ACE, Dwayne (Desertdawg), Phil (1EvilC5), Eddie (Eddie44) and Tim (P51tj) a PM about this so they are all aware of it and can make a timely decision. :thumbs

E~

UPDATE: I sent the admins a PM regarding this today (12/14).

I'll do what I can. Let me contact them and see just what is needed and what is involved. The Over The Hill Gang is a good idea.

Well, it's not an ACE event, but the Z06Vette.com WinterFest drag racing is on Mar 1st!!

We are joining with SECC for drag racing at Speedworld!!

I only know of a couple of ACE members that joined us last year!!

We had more join the road racing at Firebird which is on the 29th....

Just a heads up on other events that weekend!!

Ken

When I get back after the holidays I plan on talking with the Tempe Kiwanis and asking a few questions and I need your help. The following are what I came up with off the top so if there are any other questions that shold be asked let me know.

What does a car club “host” do, what are the duties, responsibilities and functions?

What liability, if any, would the hosting club have?

As a club “host” is there a minimum number of participants required?

What is the latest date on which notification can be received as to being a host or not?

Robert and Elizabeth
When I get back after the holidays I plan on talking with the Tempe Kiwanis and asking a few questions and I need your help. The following are what I came up with off the top so if there are any other questions that shold be asked let me know.

What does a car club “host” do, what are the duties, responsibilities and functions?

What liability, if any, would the hosting club have?

As a club “host” is there a minimum number of participants required?

What is the latest date on which notification can be received as to being a host or not?

Sounds like a plan! Just let us know what you find out. I know of a few clubs that may want to participate in this also.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing yet, I'll get around to calling them this Saturday. Been laying wood flooring and has taken more time and ware and tear on me than I thought.

Don

OK, here’s the info on being an “official host.” I talked with Susie Chuck of the Kiwanis Nuevo Club. She stated that for us to be a host we have to have a minimum of 10 entries, that’s it. If we have the 10 entries we will be listed in the flyer and other publications as an official host of the car show. There is no out of pocket expenses except the $25.00 entry fee per car and no other duties. So if we can get ten entries we’re a host. The entry form must state that you are an ACE (Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts) member.

Robert and Elizabeth

I was told by Desertdawg that he can help them with our insignia for the flyers if they need it.

Robert and Elizabeth

Other cars can go too. Bring whatever you want to show off! I am going to invite the Viper club.

Robert and Elizabeth
We would be willing to come up for it if they are having Corvette Classes, any word?

I don't think they are having any Corvette classes in this show. If you pm me your email addy, I will forward you the flyers.

E~