5th Annual Gila Bend Cruise

Desertdawg

Well it doesn't look like I'll be in Denver, so add myself and my new navigator to the list!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• nort99

• Scratch

UPDATE

I guess I should have put this in my monthly email....

Lunch will be served about noon!!!!!

So plan your trip here with that in mind, if everyone wants to arrive early and BS. thats fine, or you can plan to leave a little later.

Well it doesn't look like I'll be in Denver, so add myself and my new navigator to the list!

Damn I have a tooth ache :devil

Damn I have a tooth ache :devil

:lol:lol:lol

By the way - her name is Lisa

MH

Can you tell me where & when you will leave & return?

The folks in the east valley will meet up and come out west. We'll all meet up there some place (yet to be determined). As for coming back we tend to come back in smaller bunches as the afternoon wears on.

This is probably a good time to set up a westside meeting place. Any suggestions of a place than can accomodate 50+ Vettes?

It's about that time again

5th Annual Gila Bend BBQ Cruise !!!!

February 24th 2007

One of the very first ACE events was the Gila Bend BBQ Cruise. Each year it gets bigger and better, and I hope this year will top them all. We get together, have lunch, sit and talk and meet other Corvette Enthusiasts and enjoy a fantastic cruise to and from Gila Bend. It's fun to watch a large number of Corvettes parade into the small town each year and it always turns heads and gets the town's attention.

I would suggest everyone meeting up on the west side this year and cruising down from Goodyear.

Just reply to this thread to get added to the list.

Count us in for 2

Rick & Jacki

West side needs to meet up close to the I-10 so the east siders can join in. I say the Lowes at I-10 and Dysart, as we did last year. This year it's the east turn to meet the west.

There's a Walmart/Sam's Club at 83rd and Bell wth a huge parking lot.

Too far north! That is unless you northwesterners want to meet up first and them come down to I-10. Personally I think Tim's idea is best I-10 and Dysart at Lowes. Now what time?

As for Casa Grande, there should be a group coming up from Tucson to meet I-8. Maybe hook up with them.

Ok I-10 and Dysart @ Lowes @ 0900/0930 ish...what say you?

That sounds great! The group will leave I-10 and Dysart at 9:45 am. That should get us to Gila Bend around 11:00 am or shortly there after with lunch at noon.

I know the eastsiders are meeting up to caravan over. If any other groups want to meet up and caravan to I-10 and Dysart they can arrange it here within this thread so everyone can keep track. Logistics of arranging two or three meeting spots might be a bit hairy so I will count on you old-timers (yeah you Steve) to come up with suggestions for your areas.

i am going to attempt to make this cruise from flagstaff. if there is a group leaving from casa grande i would like to join them.

i am going to attempt to make this cruise from flagstaff. if there is a group leaving from casa grande i would like to join them.

Isn't that out of your way? If you come down I-17 to the 101 you could hook up with the main group pretty easily. Also I believe Keith is coming down from Camp Verde. He'll be in his Tahoe but we won't make fun of him. :D

Ok I-10 and Dysart @ Lowes @ 0900/0930 ish...what say you?

:agree and there parking lot will have more space and easier access to get back on I-10 than say the Wal-mart across the street from that.

Isn't that out of your way? If you come down I-17 to the 101 you could hook up with the main group pretty easily. Also I believe Keith is coming down from Camp Verde. He'll be in his Tahoe but we won't make fun of him. :D

i thought of that but i think i am going to make the trip to casa grande a day or two before and stay at my sisters house.

i thought of that but i think i am going to make the trip to casa grande a day or two before and stay at my sisters house.

Should have realized there was a reason! See Ya There! :howdy

Guest UVETTYA

Since the Walmart idea didn't float, west siders could meet at the QT just before 115th on Bell Rd.

Dysart is two miles west of that and it's a straight shot down to I-10.

Steve

Hey Eddie - OK if I (ochit, I mean we) meet you at your place? What time are you heading out?

Hey Eddie - OK if I (ochit, I mean we) meet you at your place? What time are you heading out?

Anyone in the NE Phx / Scottsdale area that want's to caravan can meet at the Kmart 32nd St / Cactus. We will head out at 9:00 am. We will meet up with the others at I-10 and Dysart for the caravan south. Please post here if you're interested in meeting up at the Kmart.

We'll be there and let everyone else know who we are bringing.

Jay

Jay,

How many extras are you bringing??????

The list has been updated !!!!!!

i am going to attempt to make this cruise from flagstaff.

Brian, I put you on the maybe list, let me know if it changes.... :thumbs