• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Shifty

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Teh rumor is though that Toy is gonna unveil some 88-gazillion gigawatt monster. Teh Nissan won't even race until Le Mans and will be lucky to finish IMO.

Corvette Motorsport thinks its cute to post blurry teaser pix of the Larbre vette...I am not amused.

CA9eFipUMAArSYv.jpg

And we have actual images finally...

Blurry still and then not:

CA9OBreWwAAqxHD.jpg

CBCMwwvUYAALVK7.jpg

That'll be enough to keep me from mistaking it from the 73 or 74 car while at LaSarthe....

Still kind of meh though...

Still kind of meh though...

^^this

So let's get caught up....Audi's LMP1 makes 4 MJ (megajoules) from their hybrid motor, ...well Toyota unveiled their LMP1 and it makes 6 MJ. Then teh cherry topping was revealed by Porsche (pictured below) as their LMP1 makes 8 MJ. Nissan has not even announced what their front wheel drive Godzilla makes yet. All this leads us to today's opening sessions of testing at Paul Ricard...where teh Porsches were quickest...shocker.

CBBtcwYVEAAX1sR.jpg

However, we were advised no Corvette would be at teh Prologue test in Paul Ricard. So I get up, check teh timing and there is teh Larbre vette......dead freaking last. :twitch:

CBG3UTUWYAAia-I.jpg

:ack: Now we know the C7.R is NOT 8 seconds a lap slower than any Aston....so explain what teh hell they are doing....dragging a boat anchor around that place???

Teh LMP1 Porsches were even quicker in session two, and teh GT Porsches were quicker than teh Astons. I did not see a timed lap from teh Vette....and session three is underway right now but they are not on teh track again....

If you squint you can see a C7.r....

10300281_885317168191405_256588385725337

11088395_885295568193565_651385564434603

:lol Right? And this was just teh first day! They cut several laps at 1:37 range, fully FOUR seconds quicker than teh best times from last year's prologue.

I smell Audi fear and retract my earlier idiotic predictions!

Looks OK, at least it's got a main sponsor, unlike some other Corvette teams I could mention....

Well...this must have been more show than go for them as I failed to see a single timed lap today for the vette. Astons were quickest in GT, Porsche was blazing teh LMP1 field yet again.

CBNBQJaWEAALkg-.jpg

"Next up: Pre Rd1 testing at the Val de Vienne circuit in France" - Corvette MS

Maybe they're afraid that they'll scuff teh paint (wrap).... :silly:

I scoured some Frenchie sites to find out wth was up with Larbre....this is what I found:

".....The Aston Martin No. 97 (Darren Turner) is also absent while the C7R Corvette Larbre should not take the track because of insufficient parts."

So teh car made it to Paul Ricard, but not any spares...?

wec-ricard-overall-30.jpg

P1D2741890G_px_640_.jpg

Does anyone find it odd that Fux Spurts would snag up the WEC just after MotorsTV announced that they are coming to teh US? :huh

Dickweeds.... :flamer:

Dickweeds.... :flamer:

I concur. I don't get FS2 either and Silverstone is next week.

Hey, not sure if anyone else is into teh black art of lap time analysis, its kinda like handicapping race horses or greyhounds, but I digress, so here's a good piece on teh LMP1s at teh prologue: http://www.sportscarglobal.com/endurance/fiawec/fiawec-the-prologue-a-diverse-balance-of-power/

:lol Just like all racing though, we won't really know until teh bullshit stops, and teh flag drops. :armed: