Omega 1/2 mile event coming back!

joe@cpr.com

Dan,

I met the guy and drove the car. He drove it pretty well. Traction didn't seem to be an issue when I rode with him or when I drove the car. It just seem to taper off up top when i raced him. One issue I had when driving it was the sloppy shifter and having to shift to 5th by the end of the 1/2 mile. To be honest, the car felt faster than my car after driving them back to back. That being said, me not having to shift untill 7,000 rpms and him having to shift at 6,500 rpms and then shift into 5th I'm sure makes a difference. when I drove the car on three back to back runs, heat soak didn't seem to be an issue as far as power goes. Overall, I loved the car!

Good to hear straight from someone there and who drove the car, folks have said the C7Z was not really designed for straight line performance, more for road courses. I would think it would still hit a much higher MPH in the 1/2 Mile though, but that extra shift probably hurt him a bit.

In the 1/2 mile I was always still in 4th going through the cones at about 6900 RPM's, so no need for 5th gear. I would think someone in an A8 C7Z would probably have turned a better MPH.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unreal

• ZZZ0006

• Z O SICK

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That 238 is totally bogus though. Fastest car at event was the Evom 911 at 219mph.

Tony the event organizer said speeds were not correct for awhile due to the equipment issue, so yes it was not correct.

Over on the corvette forum there has been much ado about the straight line lack of mph in the new Z. It seems they have finally decided it's more due to gearing than heat soak or aero issues.

Z 0 Sick, what kind of hp are you making with that "bone stock" C6?

The worst thing about that 1/2 mile event was...it was almost as much fun to watch the other cars as it was to actually race! I got whacked by 5-6 car lengths by a 1000hp gtr, but that black Porsche...well easily spanked me by over a football field!!!

I'm really glad to see they listened to my suggestion about the staging point.

In November they staged right behind the burnout box and no one could gauge their position in line because of the corner, you lined up with the person you wanted to race but at the corner it was always off by one so everyone had to shuffle right there...

Sorry I missed seeing you guys on Sunday, went to work after 3 hours sleep and 12 hours later I finally made it back home...then slept.

I'm really glad to see they listened to my suggestion about the staging point.

In November they staged right behind the burnout box and no one could gauge their position in line because of the corner, you lined up with the person you wanted to race but at the corner it was always off by one so everyone had to shuffle right there...

Sorry I missed seeing you guys on Sunday, went to work after 3 hours sleep and 12 hours later I finally made it back home...then slept.

That was an excellent suggestion. As you said, very easy to see where you were lined up, and you could do your burn out without worry about throwing shit on the nice cars behind you.

I talked to Tony about that because of burn outs tossing stuff on cars. He agreed after last event to do it like this, and it worked much better. Another great thing about this event. You can just go up, talk to Tony and he listens and cares.

Over on the corvette forum there has been much ado about the straight line lack of mph in the new Z. It seems they have finally decided it's more due to gearing than heat soak or aero issues.

The worst thing about that 1/2 mile event was...it was almost as much fun to watch the other cars as it was to actually race! I got whacked by 5-6 car lengths by a 1000hp gtr, but that black Porsche...well easily spanked me by over a football field!!!

How's it going buddy? I never said my car was "bone stock." It has Kooks 2" long tube headers and an Airraid Cai. No tune or dyno numbers as of yet so no clue what I'm making power wise. To be completly honest, my car doesn't feel all that fast. If feels about the same if not a little less hit down low after the headers. The C7 Z felt faster. I've raced a few 03/04 Cobra's and a few C7's with good success. On saturday (in Mexico) I raced a 2010 Grandsport with a Maggie and a 2014 C7 Z51. Grandsport is making 580rwhp and the C7 is bone stock with a good driver. I'm trying to upload the vids but it wont let me.

How's it going buddy? I never said my car was "bone stock." It has Kooks 2" long tube headers and an Airraid Cai. No tune or dyno numbers as of yet so no clue what I'm making power wise. To be completly honest, my car doesn't feel all that fast. If feels about the same if not a little less hit down low after the headers. The C7 Z felt faster. I've raced a few 03/04 Cobra's and a few C7's with good success. On saturday (in Mexico) I raced a 2010 Grandsport with a Maggie and a 2014 C7 Z51. Grandsport is making 580rwhp and the C7 is bone stock with a good driver. I'm trying to upload the vids but it wont let me.

Any racing videos (not on a race track or designated closed circuit) from Mexico need to be posted in the Basement. ACE does not encourage street racing or allow kill videos due to this policy. Thank you!

You'll probably need to post them to either YouTube or Photobucket and copy the link here to have it display on ACE.

Any racing videos (not on a race track or designated closed circuit) from Mexico need to be posted in the Basement. ACE does not encourage street racing or allow kill videos due to this policy. Thank you!

You'll probably need to post them to either YouTube or Photobucket and copy the link here to have it display on ACE.

Gotcha!

So how did you do against the 580whp GS?

My shop says the LS7 usually shows gains of 20-30hp with a cai and 5-10hp with LT's.

joe@cpr.com

My shop says the LS7 usually shows gains of 20-30hp with a cai and 5-10hp with LT's.

The one with the pd blower? That thing was getting walked on all over the place. Z's vary a lot with bolt ons. All variance seems to go away after doing a cam though. Tony's last z with headers, cai, and no tune made 491 rwhp and picked up like 38 rwhp if I remember right. We did back to back same day, same dyno.

From a 2nd gear roll, I jumped 1/2 a car then once we I got in top of third I started to pull away pretty easy. Once I hit 4th it was ugly. Wish I could post up the vids on here but I can't Fourm rules.

Tony

The one with the pd blower? That thing was getting walked on all over the place. Z's vary a lot with bolt ons. All variance seems to go away after doing a cam though. Tony's last z with headers, cai, and no tune made 491 rwhp and picked up like 38 rwhp if I remember right. We did back to back same day, same dyno.

Get it right Joe, it was 489 rwhp lol.