Omega 1/2 mile event coming back!

joe@cpr.com

Nothing but nice cars last time. It was a blast.

Steves lightly modded 2013 GT500 went 152ish FYI. Intake, exhaust, drag radials.

I'm not sure if there will be more or less crazy cars this time. Sounds like a lot more "normal" cars signed up, and less crazy, but who knows.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unreal

• ZZZ0006

• Z O SICK

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at this list Tony sent out, there is going to be a ton of Vette's out there Saturday, a lot of Z06's.

Yeah just got Tony's list. Lot's of cool stuff on there.

I only have 3.73s and a tune. I'm guessing I should tickle 150 based on what some of the other late model Stangs ran last time.

I kinda don't care. I just wanna enjoy running it through more than 2 gears at WOT without the fear of getting fired and going to prison.

After going fast in a straight line, you guys should consider coming with us to the Devil's Highway cruise. That way you guys can go left and right, too.

Plenty of twisties and left/right on the way to Gila Bend :)

Wharf, that is the correct attitude. Just have fun, that is what makes these events great. It isn't some dick swinging contest, just people having fun, hanging out, talking about cars, giving rides, and enjoying cars. If my passenger seat is free, come grab a ride.

Yeah just got Tony's list. Lot's of cool stuff on there.

I only have 3.73s and a tune. I'm guessing I should tickle 150 based on what some of the other late model Stangs ran last time.

I kinda don't care. I just wanna enjoy running it through more than 2 gears at WOT without the fear of getting fired and going to prison.

I will run with you a couple passes, I ran a best of 150 last time, my Z06 is stock except for a cold air intake, no tune. The fun part is not beating the other racer, it's a blast to open up your car legally. I have a 2008 Machine Silver Z06 with an American Heritage Performance windshield sticker on it (mine is the one without chrome wheels, my father in law has chrome wheels on his car, we have twin cars except year and wheels).

Plenty of twisties and left/right on the way to Gila Bend :)

Wharf, that is the correct attitude. Just have fun, that is what makes these events great. It isn't some dick swinging contest, just people having fun, hanging out, talking about cars, giving rides, and enjoying cars. If my passenger seat is free, come grab a ride.

Yup, Dead Cow Highway between Maricopa and Gila Bend is a cool road (there's no more cows roaming around on it).

I'm down for riding/racing. I'll look you guys up.

Damn,

Seeing as how there's a lot of "normal" cars on the list, make me kinda wish I would have signed up :(

Tony

Damn,

Seeing as how there's a lot of "normal" cars on the list, make me kinda wish I would have signed up :(

p.s. anyone in Tucson want to meet up for a convoy to the event on Saturday? Shoot me a PM.

Tony

Vast majority of cars are 400-600hp. Lots of stock or near stock z06s running. Lots of stock or near stock GTRs.

I'm still on the fence about running on Sunday. I might say F-it and sign up. I'm more looking forward in riding in some fast cars.

Great time today, ran a new best of 152.6 with a 200 Lb passenger in the Z06, the rest of the afternoon when I made some good passes by myself the timing lights were not working. Anyways still a fun day, great to meet you Unreal, you are much nicer in person than on the forums LOL.

Bettered my times from the last event by about 3 mph in my 04 Z with my 210lb son riding shotgun! Woo Hoo. 157.8mph with Toyo DR's and a ported tb since there in Nov and I think today was 10-15 degrees warmer. Tires were stickier, 1.5" wider and 1" taller than my street tires and sure seemed to help. Lots of fun!!!!

AHahaha. You too Dan,

Best when equipment was working was 181mph. Not bad.

My favorite race of the day, vs a bottom 9 second turbo trans am.

Bettered my times from the last event by about 3 mph in my 04 Z with my 210lb son riding shotgun! Woo Hoo. 157.8mph with Toyo DR's and a ported tb since there in Nov and I think today was 10-15 degrees warmer. Tires were stickier, 1.5" wider and 1" taller than my street tires and sure seemed to help. Lots of fun!!!!

It was much warmer today than the last race, good time you ran, what are your mods?

Great weather and my car was running good. CPR took care of getting everything running in top shape for a fast speed of 173.1. WooHoo for C5 verts, top was going nuts at that speed.

great to meet you Unreal, you are much nicer in person than on the forums LOL.

Oh good grief :chris

:lol

Glad to hear you all had fun, yeah I missed it but the ACE lunch was a blast too...

We'll (CPR team) be out there today also. Got my slower car, since I found 3 of my 4 pressure sensors rolling around inside of my C5 wheels when I got home. I thought I had an odd vibration at certain speeds going home, but we took the back roads this time, and chalked it up to the 2 lane highway. Back to mortal speeds in the mid 140's.

Back to mortal speeds in the mid 140's.

I ran 142 in my almost stock 08 LS3... Thanks for trivializing it :lol

Sorry 'bout that, but I was also happy about running high 150s before :crayon: and 140s in my near stock car. But, I was getting ready to shoot for breaking the 175 barrier, trying some new traction techniques, until I found out that my stupid sensors are rumbling around in my wheels. So it sort of deflated my balloon, to have to drive my other car, but it will still be good fun once I get out there and romp on it.

There were a lot of Vettes out there yesterday. A lot of C6s and some C7s. The yellow S/C'd C7, that Joe posted running in the mid 10s (Ron), got into the 171 MPH range. No C7 Zs showed up though. A Hellcat was out there running, I think he was in the mid to high 140s. The husband/wife team (OJ and wife) had a great time running their modified C6 Z06 vs their stock ZR1. They were amazingly even all the way down the track with the Z06 winning most of the time at the line (didn't have to shift into 5th). Whoever was in the Z06 typically eeked out the win at the line, when the ZR1 had to shift into 5th and the Z didn't. The EVOM Porsche was still running in the 210+ range.

Gila Bend is getting to be one of my favorite places to visit 3x a year. (BBQ + 2 events)

I think the hell cat did a few mid 150s, which is silly fast for a big car.

That yellow c7 (went 10.3s at WHP) is very impressive. Good to see it crack 170. The white ZR1 was crazy fast. He went 9.8s at WHP a few weeks ago and was solid mid 170s.

EVOM porsche and UGR Lambo are just on a different level. Both doing 217mph.

I think the hell cat did a few mid 150s, which is silly fast for a big car.

That yellow c7 (went 10.3s at WHP) is very impressive. Good to see it crack 170. The white ZR1 was crazy fast. He went 9.8s at WHP a few weeks ago and was solid mid 170s.

EVOM porsche and UGR Lambo are just on a different level. Both doing 217mph.

The Porsche and Lambo shattered the speed records from last years event, the Lambo from Oklahoma ran a best speed of 207 for that weekend. A lot of awesome cars and lot's of cool people.

They both came back with 400+hp more, and Red Lambo (super nice guy) is at DP for past month also going from 1250awhp to 1800ish. Should be a solid 220mph car. Hard to compete with that stuff. I know Brian (red lambo) is going to come out in October for Street Car Takeover. He is a very nice guy.