Omega 1/2 mile event coming back!

joe@cpr.com

You can be sure that white zr1 is fast!

I ran against him on 1/16/15, I posted the time slip on the drag racing fast list..

He trapped over 145 mph then in the ¼ mile

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unreal

• ZZZ0006

• Z O SICK

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He went 9.7s@145mph a few weeks ago. It is a quick car. I'm just happy at each even I've had a solid ~5mph on him.

Just bench racing, but beat a trans am that should be a solid 9.0-9.1 car, so that makes me happy.

Congratulations, your car must be running great!

I knew that ZR1 was capable of nines.

He just needed to get his 60’ times down, and it looks like he did.

What a cool event! Lot's of wicked stiff out there. If I saw the scoreboard right that 911 did 227 which is just nuts.

I ran 156.8 twice and it was badass to tickle the rev limiter in 4th gear. Not something you get to do very often.

Nice. Score boards were freaking out, so I wonder if the 911 really did 227, because it did 217 yesterday and 10mph is HUGE. That is close to the record of 234.

That's what I thought, too but when they got back to the pits they all started screaming and yucking it up.

In response to the question of what mods I have...it's a straight six. But I did sleep at a holiday inn the night before, put on new plug wires, and 2 high hp decals...lol.

I'm running an LS3 based 416. It seemed to get better as the day went on, even in the heat. I know some of the sc'd guys were having issues with heat soak, but I only went backwards on a couple of runs where I screwed up the launch.

Curious what kind of hp I'm making with car and crew inside weighing 3550 or so and a best of 157.8mph? Any ideas? You guys hitting in the 170's and beyond are COOKING!!!

I saw the Lambo do it's thing. I lined up against a black Porsche that let me think I had something going on, then at about mid track and 120mph or so...he went by me like I was pushing the car. That was before they were handing out times slips, but holy cow! I somehow felt violated???

I got to line up with NicD yesterday. It was funny, no one would line up with him. I just wanted to see how fast his car would disappear down the track. It was awesome, with the noise and violence, I almost forgot to look at my tach and shift. The G2 Viper didn't do too bad at 150 mph yesterday, but kept getting beat at the line by a couple of other Gen 2s. Got something in the works at CPR to take care of that over the spring though, nothing too crazy, keeping it NA for the track. There was a C7 Z06 out there, I believe he is talking with CPR to get work done. He ran a lot, but I can't remember his speed, but it wasn't that high.

Another beautiful day in GB

I wonder what the c7z ran.

I heard Nic D vs Elf was close. Two nicest F-bodies in town. Both of those cars run hard.

I took my oldest Daughter for a ride down the 1/2 mile and we lined up next to an Adventador, we were not quite even during the roll, I was probably a car length or so ahead before I nailed it at the go cones, I thought he would reel me in, but did not. It was fun and my Daughter got a kick out of the run.

Joe said best time for c7z was 155mph, mostly low 150s. So c7z=hellcat.

Guy should be ordering mods ASAP because he didn't like his new c7z being one of the slower cars.

I ran yesterday (Sunday). Lots of nice cars out and everyone was really cool. I had a blast! Made a few runs and did well for just having LT's and Cai. I got to line up against some really nice cars and gor for a few rides in some really fast and nice cars as well. Met a bunch of nice people too. Thanks to Unreal for taking me for a spin in the fastest car I've even personally been in! When I saw the speedo headed south fast and you reaching for 5th I was like wft lol. Thanks to Ron and OJ for taking me ride in their sweet cars as well. Like I said, had a blast and raced some really nice cars. Ended up with a best of 157 mph with a few 156's and 155's and I think one or two 154's. I was traction limited so I was starting in 2nd from a 40-45 mph roll so it took a minute to get up to speed. Got to race and drive a C7 Z06! Thanks to Wam for letting me row the gears on his sweet C7 Z! Not sure how to gage the speed of my car vs the others so no idea if my speeds were fast or not. Here's a short list of cars I had the chance to race.

02 Viper (Red)-bolt on's

99 (I think) Viper (blue w/white stripes)-Headers and Intake I think.

07 C6 Z (Orange)-Stock

13-14 Camaro 1lE(Yellow)-Whipple, cam and bolt on's.

15 C7 Z06 (Red)-Stock.

Nice to finally meet you Tony. I think I made 1 solo pass the whole event. Gave a lot of rides out as promised. Joe got a ride. AJ got a ride. 3 Random girls got rides. Sorry to anyone I couldn't get too, only so many passes in the day.

Me vs AMS 1000hp GTR. Thought it would be closer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwtVh4Ro3Q

Got my car apart to do a few things. Have 1-2 issues to fix. Lower IC pipe almost came off. It was kinked bad and moved 4" but the bead on pipe held it on.

Guy should be ordering mods ASAP because he didn't like his new c7z being one of the slower cars.

I would not be very happy if I bought a C7Z that runs 2 Mph faster than my C6Z.

Nice to finally meet you Tony. I think I made 1 solo pass the whole event. Gave a lot of rides out as promised. Joe got a ride. AJ got a ride. 3 Random girls got rides. Sorry to anyone I couldn't get too, only so many passes in the day.

Me vs AMS 1000hp GTR. Thought it would be closer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwtVh4Ro3Q

Got my car apart to do a few things. Have 1-2 issues to fix. Lower IC pipe almost came off. It was kinked bad and moved 4" but the bead on pipe held it on.

Nice run!!

I ran yesterday (Sunday). Lots of nice cars out and everyone was really cool. I had a blast! Made a few runs and did well for just having LT's and Cai. I got to line up against some really nice cars and gor for a few rides in some really fast and nice cars as well. Met a bunch of nice people too. Thanks to Unreal for taking me for a spin in the fastest car I've even personally been in! When I saw the speedo headed south fast and you reaching for 5th I was like wft lol. Thanks to Ron and OJ for taking me ride in their sweet cars as well. Like I said, had a blast and raced some really nice cars. Ended up with a best of 157 mph with a few 156's and 155's and I think one or two 154's. I was traction limited so I was starting in 2nd from a 40-45 mph roll so it took a minute to get up to speed. Got to race and drive a C7 Z06! Thanks to Wam for letting me row the gears on his sweet C7 Z! Not sure how to gage the speed of my car vs the others so no idea if my speeds were fast or not. Here's a short list of cars I had the chance to race.

02 Viper (Red)-bolt on's

07 C6 Z (Orange)-Stock

15 C7 Z06 (Red)-Stock.

Nice MPH at 157, do you have a tune also?

I heard Nic D vs Elf was close. Two nicest F-bodies in town. Both of those cars run hard.

They were having problems getting anyone to line up with them. I guess no one wanted their egos crushed. I thought maybe I'll cross the line ahead of NicD, but shit, he was well across the line coasting at 120 mph before I got my car across at 146 mph.

Good meeting you Tony, I was the Blue/White stripe 97 Viper that you whooped. Glad you decided to make the trip.

02 Viper (Red)-bolt on's

07 C6 Z (Orange)-Stock

15 C7 Z06 (Red)-Stock.

Nice MPH at 157, do you have a tune also?

Nope,

No tune. She runs decent for an old 06 lol.

They were having problems getting anyone to line up with them. I guess no one wanted their egos crushed. I thought maybe I'll cross the line ahead of NicD, but shit, he was well across the line coasting at 120 mph before I got my car across at 146 mph.

Good meeting you Tony, I was the Blue/White stripe 97 Viper that you whooped. Glad you decided to make the trip.

Nice meeting you as well. I love your car btw! Can't wait for the next event!

Tony

58805707-20140910-8Z7A2372.jpg

58805708-20140910-8Z7A2043.jpg

Crazy elf was about the only "good" race I got. Over from what I can remember I raced

2013 GT500 740rwhp

Scion FRS

800hp Supra

1000awhp GTR

440ci 300shot C6 Corvette

Viper

700hp Supra

and a few solo runs.

I posted this at the other forum to see if the owner is on there, should be interesting the replies?

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3618298-1-2-mile-roll-races-at-gila-bend-AZ.html

Dan,

I met the guy and drove the car. He drove it pretty well. Traction didn't seem to be an issue when I rode with him or when I drove the car. It just seem to taper off up top when i raced him. One issue I had when driving it was the sloppy shifter and having to shift to 5th by the end of the 1/2 mile. To be honest, the car felt faster than my car after driving them back to back. That being said, me not having to shift untill 7,000 rpms and him having to shift at 6,500 rpms and then shift into 5th I'm sure makes a difference. when I drove the car on three back to back runs, heat soak didn't seem to be an issue as far as power goes. Overall, I loved the car!