Omega 1/2 mile event coming back!

joe@cpr.com

Even staying in Marana would only be a ~30 minute drive.

Via I-8 W 101.06 miles

1 hour 33 mins

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unreal

• ZZZ0006

• Z O SICK

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Dwayne, last time we came to this event we stayed in Goodyear at the Hampton Inn, since we live in Prescott it's way too long of a drive to Gila Bend to get there early morning for the race. I looked at room rates and it has gone up to $ 250.00 per night for the same hotel, planning to stay two nights again before and after the race this get's a bit expensive along with the entry fee.

I looked at the Space Age Lodge in Gila Bend, actually has decent reviews on TripAdvisor and the rooms are $ 150.00 per night. Do I have to worry about my Z06 being messed with or stolen in your little town? Did you see a lot of other racers stay their last time out?

Yes the space age and a super 8 are about the only two here worth staying in,

NO neither of them is worth $150 a night. Maybe $50 but above that is highway robbery..

Look in the Goodyear or Buckeye area. Buckeye being closer.

45 minute drive from GY and 35 from Buckeye, all 4 lane...

From Maricopa you have a 40 mile drive 2 lane @ 55mph ...( with and occasional deer standing in the road.)

Hey Dwayne, last time we came to this event we stayed in Goodyear at the Hampton Inn, since we live in Prescott it's way too long of a drive to Gila Bend to get there early morning for the race. I looked at room rates and it has gone up to $ 250.00 per night for the same hotel, planning to stay two nights again before and after the race this get's a bit expensive along with the entry fee.

I looked at the Space Age Lodge in Gila Bend, actually has decent reviews on TripAdvisor and the rooms are $ 150.00 per night. Do I have to worry about my Z06 being messed with or stolen in your little town? Did you see a lot of other racers stay their last time out?

NO neither of them is worth $150 a night. Maybe $50 but above that is highway robbery..

From Maricopa you have a 40 mile drive 2 lane @ 55mph ...( with and occasional deer standing in the road.)

I have looked at everything in Buckeye & Goodyear, this time of year all the hotels are highway robbery. I think we will just go back to the Hampton Inn in Goodyear and just stay one night Friday and drive home after the races.

I understand.

Just to keep things in perspective, the yucca and the space age are probably pretty equal in terms of quality, age, and value.

Thanks for the information, look forward to seeing the group out there in March. It will be nice going down the runway not worrying about my valve guides now.

No problem. That was one of the best parts of the event was rides. As long as I can ride in your car if you are going.

I'm going but I don't think I'll be actually doing the event. Nothing fun about running a stock car. I'm still on the fense about actually doing anything to this car.

I have looked at everything in Buckeye & Goodyear, this time of year all the hotels are highway robbery. I think we will just go back to the Hampton Inn in Goodyear and just stay one night Friday and drive home after the races.

Dan,

I'm looking at staying at the Wildhorse or Sheraton. I may just make a weekend out of it. Let me know what your plans are and maybe we can meet up.

Tony

No problem. That was one of the best parts of the event was rides. As long as I can ride in your car if you are going.

I'm going but I don't think I'll be actually doing the event. Nothing fun about running a stock car. I'm still on the fense about actually doing anything to this car.

You should run your car, my car is stock other than a cold air intake and ran a best of 150 Mph - it's is a lot of fun and having a stock Z06, you will not be the slowest out there, plenty of BMW's to beat up on :)

You should run your car, my car is stock other than a cold air intake and ran a best of 150 Mph - it's is a lot of fun and having a stock Z06, you will not be the slowest out there, plenty of BMW's to beat up on :)

Your car is not stock, you have "heads" lol. I guess you and I could always run lol. It would be a drivers race lol.

I just had my valve guides fixed, new valves, springs, retainers, etc. I did not do any porting or anything fancy except get them fixed. Yes, we can run, it would be fun. I want to run Dawg as well, except he will not be allowed to nail it from the beginning of the runway though :)

I launched several times behind the line and still only hit 142, you got me beat even if I started in the dirt...

I'm not running this time, unless I add some horsepower I'm stuck trying to beat those BMWs your run away from...

I'll be on the San Tan run that Saturday. Will any of you be out there on Sunday ???

I launched several times behind the line and still only hit 142, you got me beat even if I started in the dirt...

I'm not running this time, unless I add some horsepower I'm stuck trying to beat those BMWs your run away from...

I'll be on the San Tan run that Saturday. Will any of you be out there on Sunday ???

This is a one day event so only Saturday, I was joking about being behind the line - I only ran against one BMW, think it was a M4, smoked him pretty good, afterwards as we were coming down the taxiway he said is your car stock? said yep, and he gave me the thumbs up.

I'm not going this time either. It was fun, but last time I beat (several times) the only car I really cared about running against. . . :bounce015:

Awesome it sold out yesterday! Thank's to everyone who signed up on here :) Like last time we will be bringing race gas, e85, methanol,oil, coolant, misc other fluids, and a lot of tools should anyone need track side assistance or fluids.

By tools do you mean Brian and Steve or actual service tools?

I'm debating swapping a bunch of parts next week, but thinking that maybe dumb and should just leave the car alone and run it.

By tools do you mean Brian and Steve or actual service tools?

I'm debating swapping a bunch of parts next week, but thinking that maybe dumb and should just leave the car alone and run it.

Actual tools lol. Bryan will be there, Steve won't be and Mario may or may not show up.

• 2 weeks later...

The 1/2 mi event has been extended to Sunday, 3/8 also, spots are available. I'll be out both days and will be giving rides to Aceholes who track me down. I'll be at the Cordes Performance Tent.

The waiting list got so big they had to add a day. Glad to see how popular this is. I'll stick to one day, probably keep it Saturday. I'll probably be parked with Joe too and will give rides to anyone who isn't mean.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there on Sunday in my GT500. Heard there was some rediculous cars out there last time. Should be a good time!