• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daltimaion

• Desertdawg

• Chameleon

• ChadC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 yrs old and driving a nice Corvette, you rock. I remember those days, sort of anyways lol

Keep it grounded, speeding tickets aren't like they used to be

NSF

Clutch did some weird things today. Opened the hood and noticed the fluid is pretty filthy. I'll be bleeding that out tomorrow. One issue is that I'd I press the clutch are the way down I can't go into gear, but if I go back about 1/2 inch it slips into gear perfectly. Is this a poorly adjusTed clutch? How would you guys recommend fixing it?

the clutch is hydraulic and no adjustment is possible.

to change/clean the fluid here is a video to the Ranger Method

if you are not able to get teh car in gear (from a high level viewpoint) you have either :

the clutch slave cylinder failing. (requires removal of the tranny....$$$)

or the tranny itself is failing (more money)

It goes into gear fine and shifts fine, it's only when I'm standing still if I push the clutch in all the way. If I pull back about a half inch it slips right into gear. It's only if the pedal is smashed down to the floor.

is the car running? (idel) when you do the following;

depress the clutch to the floor, Unable to engage into ANY gear 1-6 +R

Release the clutch 1/2 +/- then able to choose ANY gear 1-6 + R

im just repeating for t-shooting clarity

Car idles fine in all positions

you are not understanding my question:

is the car running at idle when you try to push it into gear with the "only works when 1/2" off the floor" symptom ?

does it do the same symptom at idle, AND in all gears INCLUDING reverse?

I just got my vette. I am overwhelmed with awesomeness. It is beautiful. I just installed the SLP's now it sounds as good as it looks.

You must have a very special car as I have never seen a vette defy gravity before.

Yes symptom only happens when it's running. If it's pressed down all the way and I try to go into reverse the car starts rolling slowly backwards.

time for a new clutch.

get teh clutch slave replaced while you are at it, and have an external bleeder thingie attached.

joe at CPR. here is here on the forum .

pay a few bucks to have a good Once over done on the car. my gut tells me it may been ragged/tracked/ haggared.

You know better than that there are quite a few of us IT types hanging around but I avoid Health care to much red tape.... and the nurses look nothing like the movies....

Next you're going to tell us that Hookers dont look anything like they do in the movies either

pay a few bucks to have a good Once over done on the car. my gut tells me it may been ragged/tracked/ haggared.

I was curious what "haggared" meant so I Googled it. It gave me this: https://vine.co/tags/Haggared

I'm not sure that's what you meant?

I was curious what "haggared" meant so I Googled it. It gave me this: https://vine.co/tags/Haggared

I'm not sure that's what you meant?

Come on Ted, give Chad a break. After all he only drives a BMW now!!

Come on Ted, give Chad a break. After all he only drives a BMW now!!

Drove that BMW on Saturday. Awesome car. It hauls ass, handles great and is luxurious and comfortable.My only criticism is that I think it needs more aggressive braking ability.