Picking up my Vette

Daltimaion

Hi Im new here I am 20 years old and work in healthcare IT. So I sold my much loved Nissan 300zx last week in preparation to buy a Corvette and I found a beauty in no time. It's a 2008 2LT Machine Silver Metallic targa top with only 39k miles. I don't think I have ever been this excited. I'm going to pick it up next friday. I have much to learn about vettes I'm sure and am looking forward to it. The car is completely stock and I look forward to changing that.

post-2753-0-34481100-1418174597.jpg

post-2753-0-47312800-1418174612.jpg

post-2753-0-31872100-1418174620.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daltimaion

• Desertdawg

• Chameleon

• ChadC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's way too much car for a 20 yr old kid. You really need to be tooling around town in a Yaris or Fit. Congrats and welcome from Avondale. Keep an eye on the ACE Events for the next lunch/cruise.

Welcome to ACE!

Be forwarned that once the modifications begin, it is almost impossible to stop! :P

Yeah Tom really knows what he's talking about! He just removed the training wheels off his ride.

That's way too much car for a 20 yr old kid. You really need to be tooling around town in a Yaris or Fit. Congrats and welcome from Avondale. Keep an eye on the ACE Events for the next lunch/cruise.

. . . and a 20 year old probably thinks that ZR1 is way too much car for a geezer of your advanced years. :bolt:

. . . and a 20 year old probably thinks that ZR1 is way too much car for a geezer of your advanced years. :bolt:

Who's calling who a geezer?

I'm not a geezer. My waistline is still significantly smaller than my inseam. . .

I'm not a geezer. My waistline is still significantly smaller than my inseam. . .

So tell me, how does the waistline and inseam factor in when we're talking about senility? You know, mental sharpness and agility?

Hi Dalton :howdy:

Welcome to :ACE: can't wait to see your new ride...

senility? You know, mental sharpness and agility?

Did you have to look up what senility is so you could explain it to us? :lol

Hi Dalton :howdy:

Welcome to :ACE: can't wait to see your new ride...

senility? You know, mental sharpness and agility?

Did you have to look up what senility is so you could explain it to us? :lol

Yes I did Dawg, according to Webster, Senility simply defined is "One who suffers from CRS syndrome" (Can't Remember Shit). :spinin: :spinin:

Great choice...

I just hope the insurance doesn't eat all your mod $!

Welcome to The Dark Side, where you can enjoy the company of misfits of Corvette clubs and forums from all over the U. S.

Don't let these guys get on your nerves - we're all targets and it's all meant in fun.

Thanks everyone for the "warm" welcome. I will begin my aftermarket search in January. Gotta pay off all my Christmas debts first lol. I'll probably start by looking for some wheels in the used market. Those stockies are gonna drive me insane if I leave them on too long. BTW I'm in Casa Grande which is pretty convenient for Tucson or Phoenix meets, looking forward to going to the Pavs next saturday. I believe I read the stock wheels have a +79 offset. What would be the optimal offset for a C6 to get a more aggressive stance?