• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Cross

• Chameleon

• Bigfoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm expecting a call back in an hour, maybe a different date to avoid Pro Auto event.

Thtey've been busy and I just needed to remind them about our request.

More info soon I hope.

Talked for awhile with Bondurant, they understand what we want to do. The nasty word "insurance" came up and since we would need it for a track event they are going to see if they can do a "group" type day, there may be some kind of class or instruction to qualify as a group type event for their insurance but he understood that we want to have fun. They will work out some details like date, cost, and whatever else and get back to me soon..... I said we wanted to play and we wanted to try to keep it affordable too so I've got my fingers crossed this all works out and we can kill some cones. More to come... (first post edited)

With a group event we won't need our own insurance. A track event we would. So if they come up with some sort of club/fun day with instruction or whatever for a reasonable price where we can play then we won't need insurance, their policy covers group or instructional type stuff....

Ok, heres the details....

November 9th 2013

8am to 1pm or there abouts

Bondurant autocross track with some added skidpad area for extra course...

2 Bondurant instructors on site (for insurance purposes)

30 to 50 drivers will be $100 per driver...........

I'll cover the bill to reserve the date if enough of you guys say your in.

Helmuts will be required (Bondurant has a room full of loaners)

Drifting will be approved by the instructors if they feel you have control of your car (and senses)

Also Bondurant should have thier fleet of C7's by then, we're not sure if they will be used or just drooled on but the plan is to maybe setup an ACE demo day soon for anyone wanting to get more intimate with GM's new hotrod.

get your questions posted NOW, and commit so I can go and get this event payed for!

Is this on a pre-determined course set by Bondurant, or will you have the freedom to design the course as you have in the past?

Will there be the opportunity for 'unlimited' runs as before?

Is there tech inspection? If so, what are the requirements?

If there are known major differences between what is planned for this time and what we have had in the past, if you can identify those differences it might help peeps decide if they want to participate or not. . .

VenomOnWheels

FYI: Pro Auto Sports is scheduled to run on the Bondurant West track that weekend.

Works for me: autocross on Saturday and race on Sunday.

Is this on a pre-determined course set by Bondurant, or will you have the freedom to design the course as you have in the past?

Will there be the opportunity for 'unlimited' runs as before?

Is there tech inspection? If so, what are the requirements?

If there are known major differences between what is planned for this time and what we have had in the past, if you can identify those differences it might help peeps decide if they want to participate or not. . .

Here is a link to the overhead of the Bondurant autoX course, we will have the option of extending it north to the skid pad a little.

http://goo.gl/maps/9qHQy

We are going to try to keep it a fun run event, so yes I would say run as much as you can.

Of course this means getting in line as often as you can and we will be time limited around 1pm, remember the majority were done by noon even when it was cool.

The difference?

Firebird is no more, our only shot at playing is to play by Bondurants rules now. No one else including PIR will allow us to rent without club insurance....

Hopefully this will open up a friendship/partnership between Bondurant and ACE for future events, wouldn't it be cool to have Bondurant ask for some ACE show cars to display at one of there events, or for some ACE members getting to play on thier tracks for demos or whatever.

Also remember that Bondurant will have use of the drag strip... possible future ACE rental ??????

Hey Guys!

Thanks for letting me join! Dwayne and I have been in contact back and forth to figure out how we can make the handshake between ACE & Bondurant, so I think this little event should be a good start with an ounce of fun! :)

Donna - Love the comment :) But there were 3 of us at the show, so hopefully I was one of the "two" haha.

See all of you that can make it out to Nov. 9th and maybe Pavillions in the meantime if any of you go?

Thanks!

post-2426-0-10887100-1377209678_thumb.jp

ok, so lets spread the word to anyone who has gone before, or you remember asking about it.

I'll push out a monthly news letter this weekend to see if that gets us over 30 drivers.

Dale, can you help.. wait, do you even have friends???

Most of my friends have 4 wheels and are located in my garage. I will update the F body crowd. It would be cool to have more Camaros then vettes.

Oh I can hear it now....

Bubba - "we hav moor than ya'll does!"

ACE - "We're faster!"

Bubba - "Hold ma' beer an' watch this!"

BTW, you should get your wife to join ACE, I wanna see her vette, not your camaro :lol

VenomOnWheels

. . . Dale, can you help.. wait, do you even have friends???

Ugly Dale will cover the F-body and pumpkin-colored car crowd. Good looking Dale here will get information out to the Viper, Cobra, Pantera, and Lotus clubs. Friends? If I had friends why would I be hanging around with this motley group?

Below is a video of the Bondurant autocross being run in the Z06 experience course. This shows the longer 2-lap run that includes the high speed sweeper at the southeast end of the second lap. Hopefully we can run this configuration, at least part of the time.

There is also a short video on the Bondurant website at http://www.bondurant.com/about/multimedia

Not quite as "technical" or "tight" as what we usually do...but looks like you can get higher speeds. That would be cool right there.

BTW, you should get your wife to join ACE, I wanna see her vette, not your camaro :lol

. . .and have her bring that Vette out to the autocross.

We need more lady Vette owners active in this group - it gets lonely hanging around all these ugly hairy-legged guys! :smilelol