NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE autoX interest ?

Desertdawg

VetteSthetics

Bondurant has helmets. if they are hosting I think it would be included in the price of renting the track? With safety being such a big deal out there it should not be an issue.

They have never provided them before, we always bring our own.

I am just going off my one experience at Corvettes at Bondurant last year. I am under the impression this is Bondurant’s first time hosting us for AutoX. Either way it is something we should broach and get in writing before we commit to a day.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Cross

• Chameleon

• Bigfoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Miata/RX8 Guy interested who seems to think his stock RX8 can beat a Stock C5 around the track.... I am interested in timing this to see what happens lol.

As I recall our past autocross(eseses) has been though Firebird, not Bondurant.

Let teh Dawg clarify before we spin ourselves into the abysssssss........

I have a Miata/RX8 Guy interested who seems to think his stock RX8 can beat a Stock C5 around the track.... I am interested in timing this to see what happens lol.

I'm sure it could, since it is 90% driver. A good driver in an rx8 could probably wipe the floor with a normal one in a c5

I made that comment as well but this was more of a RX8 is the perfect car period comments and I couldn't resist pointing out the Vette.

When I asked if the Driver Mod was what he was solely referring to because that's what he was going off of and had not seen someone like Jonny drive a stock C6 around Bondurant on Run Flats and show what it can really do it turned into Vette's are ugly and only have 2 seats.... So yeah I poked I couldn't resist. I would like to see if Johnny will give us a time in one of the C5's on Bondurant and then this guy can drive the RX8 he mentioned. Mean but I think its amusing.

I doubt Bondurant will provide helmets. This is just Dawg renting the space. As far as that RX8 goes, yes it is mostly driver. I was one of the fast guys last time in my old C5...beating a lot of the newer cars. A car can give an advantage as I think a few were able to beat me solely because of that. That RX is probably lighter and will be able to carry higher corner speeds, but doesn't have the torque to pull out of a corner as hard as the vette.

VenomOnWheels

I just checked my calendar and discovered that ProAutoSports has a weekend of racing scheduled at the Bondurant West track on November 9 and 10. That might be a conflict for a small group of us.

Also, I assume that means we'd be using Bondurant's autocross set-up on its Skills Pad. Nice course. I kicked ass on it when I took the Z06 Experience.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The crazy drifting guy has checked in!!!! Awesome.n

I'll have to make sure they won't mind a little sliding around... :lol I don't know about helmets or anything else yet, this was just a feeler to see if we could get enough interest in doing it again. And if the rx8 looks like he's going to be faster than most of us I'll just park him with technical issues... :lol

I'm in, for sure. I've been dying to take my car to one of these events.

I counted about 17 here without anything in a newsletter or outside clubs. I'll get ahold of Brenan the first of the week and see what rules there will be and how much they want Ina depost.

Just remember to miss the orange cones, they have feelings too.

But last time I hit the cones they let me keep one and everyone signed it... when Chey asked them to....

VenomOnWheels

Talk about hurt feelings. Reminds me of when I was 15 years old and taking Driver Education back in Detroit. One night while driving on the range, the instructor made me wear an orange cone on the roof of my car as a dunce cap. I've had a bad attitude about orange cones ever since.

Posted Image

Talk about hurt feelings. Reminds me of when I was 15 years old and taking Driver Education back in Detroit. One night while driving on the range, the instructor made me wear an orange cone on the roof of my car as a dunce cap. I've had a bad attitude about orange cones ever since.

Posted Image

Nowadays your parents would sue the instructor and the school for damaging your self-esteem. . .

Maybe we should implement the orange cone on the roof policy ???

Guest badbobs95

I'll just put my top down lol then I can drive around with it on my head!

Elliott! When are you going to close the hood? IT's driving me CRAZY!!!! :at wits end:

Meh IDK, maybe some day. First I gotta firgure out why there is fluid leaking from the rear and has been since I bought it. I think its a seal on the rear diff... and I have no desire to take the diff off the transmission to get to it...

Elliott! When are you going to close the hood? IT's driving me CRAZY!!!! :at wits end:

I said that exact same thing yesterday!!

Guest badbobs95

I said that exact same thing yesterday!!

I know, right? :ahhhh::ahhhh: Close the hood or I'll have to drive down there and do it for you.