NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Benefit Car Show for Families of Lost AZ. Firefighters Sat. July 27th

JLs Mistress

Marana Rich

What a long day! We left home at 11 am, drove to Mesa for some financial transaction, then had a snack, then hooked up with the dozen or so east siders at the crazy chicken place. Nice cruise up to the Metro Center, and the short ride down to the parking area was cool, lots of heads turned our way. Anyhow, got home safe, but went through a huge dust storm then torrential rain just before I10-I8 split, it cleared up after we got through the junction. Thanks Joe for guiding me down to the highway. - :)

Here is link for pics I took today (102). I shrunk these for speed of upload, but if by chance there is one someone wants, the original is HUGE, but I will send if asked.

Nice to see all you again. But like Dawg said, "IT WAS HOT"!!!!!!

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/yumarich/slideshow/20130727%20FireFighterMemorialCarShow

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JLs Mistress

• wickedfastvette

• C4orce2

• Desertdawg

JLs Mistress

Great day Ace looked strong not sure what happen to Yoder's Sun City Club no show :hehehe: . Do agree with others about being to HOT , should start at 7:00 PM . Does anyone know the donation numbers....

Thanks for posting :photo:

Good seeing y'all last night. Really nice rides to look at and the drive was fun. Like stated though, way to hot and I'm not talking about the cars. Thanks for the pics Rich.

Great Pix ... thx for posting up .... sorry we weren't able to join you all ..... looks like a Hot time in the ole town !!!

VetteSthetics

Brandi and I had a blast last night and it was great getting to meet with everyone. I have to do a better lob of getting around next time and meeting some more of you guys. Thanks for all the support with my project! Kuddos to all that help organize the ride and event:) We were by far the best represented club and class there! Hopefully we raised a lot of money for the families!!

Good seeing everyone. I had a great time even with the heat.

Got to see all our cars and a premier of Cherye's car on channel 3 news...cannot find the story on their website though.

:ACE:

We had to cover Larry's car because it's getting old.

Posted Image

He does that cuz that mirrored underhood will reflect and start the engine compartment on fire.

Great pics, sorry that Julie and I had to miss out on the fun yesterday. We had rather expensive seats to the Dbacks game yesterday...Wound up leaving early anyway due to the pounding they took. I'm sure we would have had a better time at the show.

wickedfastvette

Great pics and an awesome turnout! I know I didn't last long the heat was kicking my butt, why they had it that early I have no idea, I hope you are feeling better too Tom.

Chanel 15 (abc) had a short story about the show on the news around 5:30 today. They interviewed 3 or 4 car owners (none of us) and showed lots of cars but none of the vettes. Not sure if it was Badbob or Dawg that scared them off!

Great pics and an awesome turnout! I know I didn't last long the heat was kicking my butt, why they had it that early I have no idea, I hope you are feeling better too Tom.

Too hot, too early, and too long. But it was fun while it lasted. I ran about 3 quarts low and overheated. A little rest with the A/C blowing and a coolant refill, got me going again with PFD and Jay's assistance. :thankyou:

Too hot of a day but still a great turnout by ACE for a great cause. It's back to CA for me and back to work so I'll see you guys when I can. Thanks for sharing yuor shade Robert...see you down the road.

Too hot of a day but still a great turnout by ACE for a great cause. It's back to CA for me and back to work so I'll see you guys when I can. Thanks for sharing yuor shade Robert...see you down the road.

My pleasure Pat!

Your welcome anytime!

Take her slow and heal up!

Besides the heat, it was fun. How many cars did we have?

Initially I counted 43. Don't know if more showed up later.