NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Another "guess my dyno numbers" ....for FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about adding a boost-a-pump?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Two Fangs

• Jon

• azz061

Thanks guys. Jon, the OEM Z06 fuel pump is said to be good past my current power output, IIRC, and while a BAP might help if the pump is truly beginning to show signs of weakness I would want to just go ahead and replace it. I'm guessing that I'm hovering somewhere around 640-650 crank HP at the moment (which would be consistent with Katech's Superflow engine dyno numbers for my combo), so it may be prudent to nip this possible fuel pump issue at te bud before I get stranded. My buddy Mike Gary just had a fuel pump die in his modded C6 not more than a month or soago, with fewer miles than me.

Final Effort

I'm sure you and Nic do understand the difference between fuel pressure and fuel volume. E85 requires more volume. Can you install a larger fuel line. Just thought I'd mention this.

I'm sure you and Nic do understand the difference between fuel pressure and fuel volume. E85 requires more volume. Can you install a larger fuel line.

Just thought I'd mention this.

Yep, understood...and a very good point.

The fuel system and fuel line diameter in the Z06 (maybe all C6's ?) can flow enough fuel to handle in excess of 650+ RWHP, IIRC. I know the Z06 has a higher capacity fuel pump for the fueling demands of the LS7.

The 60# injectors we installed support the volume of fuel required for WOT operation on E85, but we can't tell if the pressure being supplied to the injectors is sufficient to supply the commanded fuel flow...even if Nic is tuning the injector's duty cycle correctly.

We just don't have enough data yet to come to any conclusion.

That's why I just went ahead with the second pump and return regulator. Moar fuel is mo betta. I just need to figure out if I will need the boost a pump in addition to the two pumps. Stock LS3 in the tank and an external 255lph Walbro.

Fuel line size is irrelevant at this power level. Even though there is no fuel pressure gauge I can tell fuel pressure is dropping off a bit up top with a very simple test. If you add fuel in the tune yet it doesn't respond with more fuel that means you are out of pump and fuel pressure is just dropping when the injectors are commanded open longer. Another tell tale sign beyond that is the slight wisp upwards in the air fuel ratio up top in the RPM band. 550-600 rwhp is about what I see the Z06 pump and other 400 lph pumps start to run out of steam on E85 so it's right there. It doesn't necessarily mean the pump is going bad or out, it's just that you at the limit. Oh yeah Victor, I posted this on the other board as well... also keep in mind Runfile 29 would have shown a slightly higher peak number if it had not had a spark pickup dropout on the dyno. If you want to see what runfile 29 would look like at the peak for horsepower just plot it over MPH and remove torque from the side bar.

Thanks, Nic. THe car is an animal, and we surpassed my power goals pretty easily. I'll try your suggestion, as I don't want to cheat the true winner of this contest out of their six-pack of their favorite beverage :thumbs I guess we're cheating a bit now, as we now know the peak SAE number is going to be greater than 555, which appears to have been recorded around 5700 RPM and well short of what the peak would have really been. Thanks again for making the time to sneak over to LPM and finish the tune that day, given your hectic schedule. :thumbs

No worries Victor, I had a firewall upgrade that morning at 4:30 which meant I also left early to get over there and get it taken care of. LOL! Spark dropouts are fairly common with aftermarket wires and the only way to get rid of them in many cases is just to ignore torque and plot them over MPH to get the true horsepower reading. It's not cheating for a higher # as it's just getting around a common problem with the wires and tach pickups. :) If that dropout wasn't there it would show over RPM as well.

:smilelol Maybe I'll just sit on the "official" 555 RWHP, knowing I've got a bit "extra" in the tank :bolt:

I'm confused. Is it all fixed from the car b q incident?

No...this was the dyno session from the Thursday I picked it up. Later that day was the car-b-q incident.

Nice numbers...for a Crossfire!

NICE Victor!! Sounds awesome. :rockon2: I think you could pick up a few more pony's with the Renegade though...Jus sayin'. :smilelol

• 1 month later...

Final numbers are in. We ran out of fuel pump......no suprise to the people in the know.

BUT.....G0d Damn, this things got some torque !!!!!!!!

Drives like a s/c car :)

check this out.......

Posted Image

I'll post the video tomorrow, but......to say I'm pleased with the way the car runs and responds would be the understatement of the fuckin' century !!!!

Th anks again to the crew of Loud Pedal Motorsports for all the hard work, dealing with the drama, and dedication to seeing this through. Special thanks to Dave for the gracious offers he gave me in getting everything taken care of. And thanks, Nic, for tuning her up and spinning the numbers.

all I can say is......WOW !!!!!!

Nice gains Vic .... Good to see you back on the throttle again !!! Hopefully we'll get some track time this fall ....