NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Another "guess my dyno numbers" ....for FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

Here's a Superflow engine dyno of the smaller 116 LSA cam with 12.0:1 compression.

Look at what the FAST LSXR102 manifold did to the torque curve in the midrange :thumbs

You can also see the NW102 tb did not add much at all...a little on the topend.

Posted Image

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Two Fangs

• Jon

• azz061

Nice ..... gonna make one bada$$ street/strip car ...... Posted Image

would love to swing by on dyno day .... ?????

For those of you expecting all of the yakkity yak regarding whether an auto or a manual is better, who is talking down to who, who is backing down from races against who, and who is 800 years old, please go here: http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/index.php?showtopic=22790 For everyone wishing to guess Victors dyno numbers, you are now returned to your regularly scheduled programming.

Jibber jabber sounds so conservative, I really didn't want to offend anyone who may be liberal, absentiates, or devil worshipers. :lol :lol :lol :lol

I think you just went to the head of the class, so I'm changing my guess to 570 HP or 615 if you do the heads and E85.

I already guessed that first, guess again.

WCCH in your future?

If so, he might want to get on the bat phone and try to get a set that's already done. Either that or go buy an entire case of Snickers.

WCCH in your future?

If so, he might want to get on the bat phone and try to get a set that's already done. Either that or go buy an entire case of Snickers.

Yep......we will see what my options are after the rep visit.

So far, every claim has been given a specific dollar value and it's up to the owner/shop to aquire the specific parts to complete the job with those funds.

edit: Can I revise my dyno numbers guess ??? :smilelol

Richard said he was two weeks out for sending heads to him. He also said the price of bare heads from GM went crazy after the new year. Like $800/set crazy for bare LS3 heads plus they are charging him a core charge now of I think $60-$65 each head. I was going to talk to him myself about having him send me a set already done and just sending my stock heads back to him. I'm trying for stock Z06 power with my stock LS3 cam.

Dam now you can sell those rockers and etc that you bought!

I would still use my upgrade rockers and the Katech springs/retainers....I'm not interested in swinging heavier valvetrain components, if given a choice.

The only thing in question is the immediate availability of the titanium exhaust valves....if it becomes an option. Jason's out of the office today so I don't know.

I don't want to get ahead of myself and the decision process until the GMPP rep has had a chance to see what's going on.

Richard said he was two weeks out for sending heads to him. He also said the price of bare heads from GM went crazy after the new year. Like $800/set crazy for bare LS3 heads plus they are charging him a core charge now of I think $60-$65 each head. I was going to talk to him myself about having him send me a set already done and just sending my stock heads back to him. I'm trying for stock Z06 power with my stock LS3 cam.

I beleive he just got a another new CNC machine to help with the workload, but it's taking time to get it setup.

People on the board have been reporting waits of up to 7 weeks for LS7 heads which are getting his stage 2 CNC porting done. For me, there are several CF vendors who have completed WCCH Stage 2 heads in stock (as of last week), but I'm pretty sure they are all equipped with the heavier stainless steel exhaust valves and dual valve springs.

there are several aftermarket alternatives as well, but I'm going to wait and see what GMPP has to say first.

Nothing wrong with the SS exhaust valve set up, just sayin!

I think we've had this discussion already, haven't we ? :smilelol

I beleive he just got a another new CNC machine to help with the workload, but it's taking time to get it setup.

People on the board have been reporting waits of up to 7 weeks for LS7 heads which are getting his stage 2 CNC porting done. For me, there are several CF vendors who have completed WCCH Stage 2 heads in stock (as of last week), but I'm pretty sure they are all equipped with the heavier stainless steel exhaust valves and dual valve springs.

there are several aftermarket alternatives as well, but I'm going to wait and see what GMPP has to say first.

He did get another CNC. He is balls deep into programming that machine as we speak. I really don't want a down time either, but I also don't want to spend $3k on aftermarket heads that won't do that much more for me. Since I'm keeping the LS3 intake manifold. Now if I were to go sheet metal, then even more badass heads would be an option. At that point I would be $6k into a top end though. Not gonna happen as I would rather put a YSI on it than spend that kind of money on heads and intake manifold.

He did get another CNC. He is balls deep into programming that machine as we speak. I really don't want a down time either, but I also don't want to spend $3k on aftermarket heads that won't do that much more for me. Since I'm keeping the LS3 intake manifold. Now if I were to go sheet metal, then even more badass heads would be an option. At that point I would be $6k into a top end though. Not gonna happen as I would rather put a YSI on it than spend that kind of money on heads and intake manifold.

Isn't/wasn't there a fresh pair of WCCH LS3 heads for sale on the big boards ?

Isn't/wasn't there a fresh pair of WCCH LS3 heads for sale on the big boards ?

Not sure. Looking right meow...