NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Another "guess my dyno numbers" ....for FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

Dam now you can sell those rockers and etc that you bought!

I would still use my upgrade rockers and the Katech springs/retainers....I'm not interested in swinging heavier valvetrain components, if given a choice.

Awwww

C'mon, all of the cool kids are doing it....

Posted Image

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Two Fangs

• Jon

• azz061

I would still use my upgrade rockers and the Katech springs/retainers....I'm not interested in swinging heavier valvetrain components, if given a choice.

Awwww

C'mon, all of the cool kids are doing it....

Posted Image

Mucho power there.

Some more imaginary parts for my imaginary car.

...and your imaginary time slips and dyno figures :smilelol

Ooopss.....I retract that statement.

Can you help me fix my car tonight ? :smilelol

Awwww

C'mon, all of the BIG boys are doing it....

Posted Image

Fixed it for ya.

I'm just small fry, swimming in a fish tank filed with sharks. :bolt:

Lucky you had them check now rather than if you weren't getting the work done and had it go boom. Hopefully your car isn't down for to long as I want my case of Arney Palms for guessing the dyno.

Lucky you had them check now rather than if you weren't getting the work done and had it go boom. Hopefully your car isn't down for to long as I want my case of Arney Palms for guessing the dyno.

Very true, Drew.

The decison to perform the other work was predicated on the measurements that Brian and LPM performed.

We will see where this leads after the GMPP rep's inspection, which hopefully is tomorrow. :thumbs

Lol. I think you just posted in the wrong thread. But yeah, Mir knows Joe is coming by to get her old exhaust.

Well.....FUDGE !!!!! Katech sold out of the first batch of titanium exhaust valves. Next batch won't arrive for another 6 weeks :(

Listen, I am far from an expert, in fact I know practically nothing, but here goes. The ramp rates on the Katech cams are pretty soft compared to some others out there, especially the radical Comp lobes. (My auto-correct changed that to "racial", pretty funny, but anyway). I don't believe you will throw a stainless or inconel exhaust valve off the lobe if you decide to go that route. Actually, I would be more concerned about valve bounce on the close with a beehive spring. I would always be wary of cutting edge stuff in these engines compared to the smaller valves in a DOHC combination. while titanium exhaust sounds really shibby, I am not seeing the cost vs power/longevity balance versus the tried and true Inconel valve. Back in the day we flung small blocks to 10 grand and 5,0s to 9 grand using stainless with a double spring and a heavy assed full roller rocker. Your choice, your decision, but personally, for what you are looking for, a good Inconel will get the job done. Again, I don't know shit, so feel free to challenge me to a race or whatever...

Is inconel lighter than stainless? If I remember right it was only an extra few hundred when I got inconel exhaust valves in my GTO's heads.

Is inconel lighter than stainless? If I remember right it was only an extra few hundred when I got inconel exhaust valves in my GTO's heads.

Yes, Inconel is lighter than stainless

I'd better edit this, Inconel is lighter than stainless, but Inconel valve can weigh as much or more that stainless.

I do not believe there is a better exhaust valve material unless you want to look at the Ferrea super alloy stuff

Listen, I am far from an expert, in fact I know practically nothing, but here goes.

The ramp rates on the Katech cams are pretty soft compared to some others out there, especially the radical Comp lobes. (My auto-correct changed that to "racial", pretty funny, but anyway).

I don't believe you will throw a stainless or inconel exhaust valve off the lobe if you decide to go that route.

Actually, I would be more concerned about valve bounce on the close with a beehive spring.

I would always be wary of cutting edge stuff in these engines compared to the smaller valves in a DOHC combination. while titanium exhaust sounds really shibby, I am not seeing the cost vs power/longevity balance versus the tried and true Inconel valve.

Back in the day we flung small blocks to 10 grand and 5,0s to 9 grand using stainless with a double spring and a heavy assed full roller rocker.

Your choice, your decision, but personally, for what you are looking for, a good Inconel will get the job done.

Again, I don't know shit, so feel free to challenge me to a race or whatever...

I hear ya. :thumbs

Katech supplied some video of their Spintron test with the 110 cam and their spec beehive spring. No valve ffloat or bounce all the way up thru 7800+ RPM, with the OEM two piece sodium exhaust valve. Beyond 7800, the valve had a nice, controlled loft and no bounce on the landing back onto the lobe. That was a 700+ RPM buffer above the 7100 factory rev limiter, and the 110 makes max power at approximately 6400.

I know I can run the heavier solid SS or iconel valves, with the addition of a heavier dual valve spring with the approriate open spring pressure and install height. I'm following closely the thread that Katech started on the planned Spintron testing they are going to be doing with various brand valves and springs, and any associated byproduct that comes about due to the increased mass/weight.

At this time, it would appear my desire to run the lighter Katech titanium exhaust valve might run into an availability issue.