NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Another "guess my dyno numbers" ....for FNBADAZ06

FNBADAZ06

Brought FNBADAZ06 in for some warranty repairs on a transmission leak.

After the repairs are completed, we're going to put it on the dyno to see if I picked up any newfound power from LPM's work.

Any guesses ? :smilelol

Closest answer will get a six-pack of their favorite beverage :partygrnhat:

I didn't know Dom Parinon came in handy 6 packs now. Good news. 550/535 hp/tq

SLAMMER

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Two Fangs

• Jon

• azz061

Well.....I had a pilot bearing that was pretty much siezed up. I guess that explains the pilot bearing and input shaft issue/replacement :smilelol .

That had to be worth .7989 RWHP. :thumbs

We shall see :edward:

Next is to see if we can measure guide wear without pulling the heads.

GM gave a procedure for this, so the boyz at LPM are going to give it a shot. :rockon2:

Just take them off and send them to WCCH. You know you want to...

Richard quoted me $1500-$1600 to do the Stage 2 on my LS3 heads. That includes all new stainless valves and double springs good to .660 lift.

http://www.proheads.com/WCCH%20LS7.html

If mine were to make it to WCCH, I would have the new Katech titanium one piece exhaust valves put in....don't want the extra added valvetrain weight with SS or the dual springs. :thumbs

Wow thats a great price, might have to do that....

If you aren't going to do high boost, it's a good package. If you are going to run high boost(12-15psi+), I would get a thick deck head.

With the Eforce I think youre limited to about 12psi with the long runners. Currently with smaller pulley, LG Superpros 1 7/8 and no cats, I'm maxing at around 7.5psi, can't see myself ever wanting to exceed 10psi. Just need to find a good cam, nothing agressive.

If mine were to make it to WCCH, I would have the new Katech titanium one piece exhaust valves put in....don't want the extra added valvetrain weight with SS or the dual springs. :thumbs

If I had the money that would be the way to do it. Along with light intake valves. The less mass in your valvetrain the better. It's real spendy for the good shiz though. I'm keeping my motor to less than 6800rpm, so I should be fine with stainless intake and exhaust.

With the Eforce I think youre limited to about 12psi with the long runners. Currently with smaller pulley, LG Superpros 1 7/8 and no cats, I'm maxing at around 7.5psi, can't see myself ever wanting to exceed 10psi. Just need to find a good cam, nothing agressive.

You will be fine with the stock heads ported. If you had your heads done before a cam(or just put a new cam in), you would need to pulley down more to keep the same boost pressure due to less restriction through the motor. If you don't already have an overdrive crank pulley, I would consider one of those to keep you from having to run a tiny blower pulley and slipping belts. It might also be worth talking to Jeremy Formato about porting your Eforce. I know he's been doing it on the stock ZR1 blowers and picking up about 40rwhp and 40rwtq with the porting of the blower inlet and the blower itself. He says he takes almost six pounds of material out of the ZR1 blower case.

I have less than a clue about mods so I'll go with 515rwhp cause I like the way it rolls off the tongue(keyboard).

p.s. - while I got tremendous wear out of the original clutch, I think LPM and Hal can attest, she was wearing a little thin on the disc material :3gears:

THIN .... the only thing making this hot rod moving forward were the rivets !!!! Posted Imagedidn't see much wear on the brake pads tho ..?????? must be all go eh ??

I musta left too soon to miss Marco and Lisa ....???? Damn !!!! Posted Image

The new wheels are the bomb fer shr ....... can't wait to see it back on the road.

p.s. - while I got tremendous wear out of the original clutch, I think LPM and Hal can attest, she was wearing a little thin on the disc material :3gears:

THIN .... the only thing making this hot rod moving forward were the rivets !!!! Posted Imagedidn't see much wear on the brake pads tho ..?????? must be all go eh ??

The new wheels are the bomb fer shr ....... can't wait to see it back on the road.

You missed them by about 5 minutes.

Thanks for helping me takes these next two pics .....

Posted Image

Posted Image

As far as dyno numbers, without knowing the mods (and there are a few on here alluding to mods) I am going to abstain from guessing. Yes, I take my guesses that seriously :wacked:

If I had the money that would be the way to do it. Along with light intake valves. The less mass in your valvetrain the better. It's real spendy for the good shiz though. I'm keeping my motor to less than 6800rpm, so I should be fine with stainless intake and exhaust.

You will be fine with the stock heads ported. If you had your heads done before a cam(or just put a new cam in), you would need to pulley down more to keep the same boost pressure due to less restriction through the motor. If you don't already have an overdrive crank pulley, I would consider one of those to keep you from having to run a tiny blower pulley and slipping belts. It might also be worth talking to Jeremy Formato about porting your Eforce. I know he's been doing it on the stock ZR1 blowers and picking up about 40rwhp and 40rwtq with the porting of the blower inlet and the blower itself. He says he takes almost six pounds of material out of the ZR1 blower case.

Who is Jeremy Formato?

Yep, she was definitely getting thin

And to think I hooked a 1.53 60' with that disc :smilelol

Amazing shit that 68,158 mile LS7 clutch did for me.

You missed them by about 5 minutes.

Thanks for helping me takes these next two pics .....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow that is thin.

My guess is "More than me". :yesnod

:smilelol

Only because LPM pilledged parts from your new motor for my car before giving it back to you. :edward:

j/k

Your car sounded sweet when they fired it up for the first time the other day :thumbs

OK, then......back to our regularly scheduled programming. OK.......I'll spill the beans to calm down the mob :cfdeadagain At minimum, when I get the car back from LPM, the following things will have been performed, beyond the warranty repair work they executed : 1) Katech LS9X clutch assembly and remote bleeder 2) Akrapovic titanium x-pipe installed in place of my OEM ZR1 pipe 3) Billy Boat longtubes installed 4) Katech Torquer 110 cam, PSI 1511 beehive springs, and titanium retainers installed 5) FAST LSXR 102 intake and billet fuel rails installed 6) Nick Williams 102 throttle body installed 7) 65 lbs injectors installed 8) new OEM LS7 rockers with Comp trunion upgrade 9) Quantum spindle cooling kit installed 10) extra special NicD tunes.....both for 91 pump gas and E85 I'm also having LPM perform the measuring of the valve guides to determine if any attention needs to be performed there when they install the new springs. If attention is needed, head work might include a .030-.040 milling, CNC port job, and the new Katech one piece titanium exhaust valves. that part is uncertain at this time.

I think you just went to the head of the class, so I'm changing my guess to 570 HP or 615 if you do the heads and E85.

Absolutely no idea what Victor has done other than what's been stated, so my guess is just a tad more than a CF since he may have used RP. :bolt::P

I think something approaching 550 rwhp might be obtainable.......I think 570 and above would be unrealistic without a more significant bump in compression. My goal is 530-550 at the wheels, and a 3000 lbs curb weight (minus driver)....any more power, or dropped weight, will be just icing on the cake for me. :thumbs

500 ft/lbs at 3000 RPM, in a N/A form......that's what I want :partydance:

The 110 cam spec's in at 220 / 244 @ .050, .615 / .648 lift, 110 LSA .....certainly not considered a "big" cam for large displacement motors such as the LS7, but something middle of the road. Katech uses this grind (or the 116 LSA version) in ALL their LS7 engine packages.

My LS7 setup would be the equivalent of the Street Attack package (if I mill the heads), with the addition of the NW102 tb and E85 tuning. The Street Attack LS7, with 11.4:1 compression and 93 pump gas, puts out approximately 630 BHP and 565 torque, as measured on the Superflow engine dyno.

THe Track Attack is the same motor, but with a 12.0:1 compression, and is rated at 660/570.

http://www.katechengines.com/performance/engines/engine-packages/

Posted Image