NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C7 is out... What do you think?

Z06_Mir

Lime Rock Green? I'll be happy to stay Orange.

and

Long Live my 4LT :bananaparty:

I hope the Lime Rock Green is not the same shade Hyundai used on the Genesis.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Shifty

• Mregor

• Two Fangs

and

Isn't the new 1LT going to be the same as your 4LT?

no, the 1LT is the base model, no fancy stuff although it does still include the ugly rear.

3LT is almost like my 4LT, but with only two option levels below a 3LT it will never measure up to a 4LT.. :lol

and

I hope the Lime Rock Green is not the same shade Hyundai used on the Genesis.

Hopefully it's close to teh Polo Green from teh Land o' C4.... :thumbs

So now more truths are coming out. Apparently that interior they show is a 3LT. Doesn't sound like the 1LT is leather. Does that mean it is the same old plastic like in the 1-3LT C6? No magnetic slective ride control unless you have Z51. Sounds like a lot of things aren't available unless you order Z51.

It is, the color selector is already up at GM's site

post-1078-076757500 1358193569.jpg

Nice!

I am bummed you need the 2LT trim level to get cooled seats. It also seems the 3LT is the only one to get the "good" interior.

And...

Track-capable Z51 Performance Package including: an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling,

electronic limited slip???? info ???

I guess you also need to go Z51 to get the dry sump, and added cooling from teh rear fender catch-all's...

electronic limited slip???? info ???

The torque split between the two rear wheels is monitored and modulated to improve traction and handling, especially turn in and turn out under acceleration.

The eLSD can be tailored using the Drive Mode Selector setting:

• (1) default setting for normal driving

• (2) when electronic stability control is turned off in the Sport or Track Driver Modes; allowing for more nimble turn-in and traction while accelerating out of a corner

• (3) when Performance Traction Management is engaged, this calibration has the same function as above but tailored to work more effectively with Performance Traction Management.

Or at least that is what the guy mowing my lawn just told me.

Lets play "Guess the C7 Problem threads"... title: Damn People subject: Rear Fender Vents I keep finding gum, straws, wrappers, pennies, etc. in my rear fender vents. But today there was a condom wrapper..... argh! Don't they know how hard it is to open those covers up to clean them out???

How bout now? lol

wow Marco, your an artist with a spraycan...

Does your neighbor know you just did that to his car?

Come on guys...there is a big difference.

Posted ImagePosted Image

They're a whole lot closer to the Camaro lights tha to any previous generation Corvette!

Posted ImagePosted Image

How bout now? lol

How about creating a left side Camaro and right side C7 car matched vertically at the taillight centerline?

But today there was a condom wrapper..... argh!

Better to have the wrapper than an actual used one. Just sayin'

I just don't see the point to the camaro tail light outrage. it's not like they changed the emblem to a blue oval. Didn't the Vega look a lot like the Camaro? Did anyone confuse the Vega with a Camaro. You'd probably bitch if your ice cream was cold!

I just don't see the point to the camaro tail light outrage. it's not like they changed the emblem to a blue oval. Didn't the Vega look a lot like the Camaro? Did anyone confuse the Vega with a Camaro. You'd probably bitch if your ice cream was cold!

I think it all harkens back to the days of yore and the great internet forum battles back in 1970 when the Camaro was given the Corvette's tail lights. It again has grown into an epic battle only rivaled by the Jets and the Sharks, or maybe The Warriors and The Baseball Furys.

These old scars have re-opened, and I am afraid will only be settled by rage and violence.

post-1078-002002800 1358199944.jpg

How bout now? lol

Now the Camaro just looks sad, and the Vette is pissed you're comparing the two in the same breath.

I think it all harkens back to the days of yore and the great internet forum battles back in 1970 when the Camaro was given the Corvette's tail lights. It again has grown into an epic battle only rivaled by the Jets and the Sharks, or maybe The Warriors and The Baseball Furys.

These old scars have re-opened, and I am afraid will only be settled by rage and violence.

post-1078-002002800 1358199944.jpg

That's a good comparison, I've got a couple of buds that are naysaying teh whole thing, and teh taillights are one of their prime points....thanks, I think I'll vader teh pic.... :thankyou:

I think what pisses most off about the tail lights is that they've taken their $60k flagship and styled it after what can be a $20k 6cyl commuter. No creativity, but then GM has always had a problem with innovation!

I will bet you money in the first six months a new Vette owner somewhere will have a story about an attractive young female asking if their prized new $70k C7 is a Camaro.

I love that there's some brand recognition going on! I love that a Chevy looks like a Chevy,a Dodge looks like a Dodge etc. Manufactures have been doing it for a slong as I can remember. I hate all the look alike bubble pos cars on the road. Boring!!