NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C7 is out... What do you think?

Z06_Mir

Quicksilver98

I like it.....the rear will grow on ya I think..........doesn't everyones grow on them? lol And if you find you dont like it I am sure the aftermarket folks will be quick to jump on offering new tail lights and rear bumper covers before too long. When I win the lottery I'll have mine!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Shifty

• Mregor

• Two Fangs

I'm digging' it. I have reservations on the rear, but hey... It's a new Corvette... What's not to love?

The stupid hood vent.

At least it's functional...not as an air input but as an air output! :yesnod

Here are some details on the car itself...

2014_Corvette_Stingray.pdf

Pretty good improvements in there. I take it there is a base model and one with a Z 51 package. Z 51 = to old ZO 6?

Not liking rear marker lights below tail lights, tail lights not rounded on bottom like Camaro's. Side markers just plain suck, if I get one they will get painted body color. :lol

Pretty good improvements in there. I take it there is a base model and one with a Z 51 package. Z 51 = to old ZO 6?

Nope, Z51 on this version is on par with the Z51 on the C6.

Side view just adds to the Camaro look. The extra small window looks Camaroish.

Sorry but its no Stingray!

I agree. If you cover up the front half of the car and just look at the back it looks like a Camaro. The rear looks even worse.

omg, it's beautiful !! I might need to upgrade soon... I wish ! My husband doesn't like the rear end, I'll have to wait till it grows on him. If anyone sees one at Barrett Jackson, please let us know, I'd love to go check it out in person. omg, it's beautiful !! I might need to upgrade soon... I wish ! My husband doesn't like the rear end, I'll have to wait till it grows on him. If anyone sees one at Barrett Jackson, please let us know, I'd love to go check it out in person.

I like the Palomino or whatever they are going to call the tan interior. I am tired of black and grey and was not a fan of the cashmere (too light). Looks a little different with the way the color wraps to the center of the console but it kind of frames the driver area into a cockpit. A little disappointed in estimated HP. I hoped it would be higher but I guess that will depend on weight in the end. Also want to see the details on the electronics (dash/entertainment/nav).

Viper crew isn't liking the tailights either :lol

And that it's a rip-off of the new Viper :facepalm:

Posted Image

I love ya like a brother, Tony, but yer high on that one.

You know what I like about the C7, it looks absolutely nothing like my awesome C6. I'll hold off judgement on the rest until I see one in person.

Great Video from Autoweek

Car rocks, I want one in 3 yrs after the bugs and depreciation has taken its toll

Weight and HP/TQ are still a secret. Expect sandbaggy "estimates".

More pictures at GM's Media Center

2014 Stingray Pics

So if the 450HP/450TQ numbers aren't the exact numbers, all that tells me is that it hasn't had the certification completed. Otherwise, it would have been a stated fact.

Since production hasn't started, they can't confirm the weight either.

There's no secret involved until there are facts to be concealed.

word of advise NEVER, NEVER buy the first model car year.

wait till 2015 to buy new.

1998 c5 were a bastard child

..serously the C7 looks great, but wait.

what does that make the 1997 c5? the forgotten twin in the attic that eats buckets of fishheads? :)

What do you think about the 4 cylinders kicking in on the highway?

First Direct Injection with Push road small block.

450 hp at base model.

Pretty good.

Tim

I love the side profile, hate the rear and I am indifferent about the front. The interior has some good qualities and some very odd one but the seats look fantastic. I hope there's one at Barrett Jackson so I can take a better look at it.

I like it .. the functional vents and scoopage, the more edgy look to differentiate it from past versions, ..thinkin they should have swept the rear hatch area in a bit more to make it look more like a Vette instead of a trundle car ..Vette's always had a swoopy look to the back glass area, tapered smoothly from drivers position. ..then there's the tail lights. I just do not understand the whole 'we restyled the back to draw a younger driver' statement. They made it Camaro-ish. Why make the Vette look similar to the Camaro in any way ..grrr. It should be the other way round .. you make the cheaper cars look like the flagship .. ..next up, Cobalt styling cues to draw Wal Mart shoppers? Someone in design just doesn't get it.. they should go back to drawing Yugo's. Grrr. To the point where if I ever get one I will take it to Classic Gold and have Joe replace those camaro wannabe lights with a decent set of Corvette tailights.. ..prolly off a C5. -Frank

I just do not understand the whole 'we restyled the back to draw a younger driver' statement.

..next up, Cobalt styling cues to draw Wal Mart shoppers?

Yeah, what he said!

I like it .. the functional vents and scoopage,

the more edgy look to differentiate it from past versions,

..thinkin they should have swept the rear hatch area in a bit more

to make it look more like a Vette instead of a trundle car

..Vette's always had a swoopy look to the back glass area,

tapered smoothly from drivers position.

..then there's the tail lights.

I just do not understand the whole 'we restyled the back to draw a younger driver' statement.

They made it Camaro-ish.

Why make the Vette look similar to the Camaro in any way ..grrr.

It should be the other way round .. you make the cheaper cars look like the flagship ..

..next up, Cobalt styling cues to draw Wal Mart shoppers?

Someone in design just doesn't get it.. they should go back to drawing Yugo's.

Grrr.

To the point where if I ever get one I will take it to Classic Gold and have

Joe replace those camaro wannabe lights with a decent set of Corvette tailights..

..prolly off a C5.

-Frank

:agree I'm will you Frank! 1,000 people made up the new design corvette department. What were they thinking in the design when someone said, "hey, let's give it Camaro tail lights"! :facepalm: I'm sure it will grow on everyone over time, but that just shows they have run out of ideas and no imagination anymore. This was GM's chance to really come through with a killer design that would sell like hot cakes and I think they may have blown it to some extent.

2010 Corvettes were at an all time low with corvette sales and this would have definitely helped, not sure now, but I'm sure there will be plenty of buyers at first. Hope the car holds up to their hype. I do think that there is a lot of cool improvments that should help sell the car no matter what though.

Here is a link to the GM Authority page with plenty of pics of the new C7.......I wont belabor the point many have made about the taillights and the rear side window......but the interior is spectacular.....I do have to wonder how much of a charge it cost to have the Competition seats over the regular seats.....enjoy http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/01/this-is-the-2014-chevy-corvette-c7/