NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A Friendly Heads Up to the Club

Tactician

Boy has this ever been blown out of shape! In his own way he was putting the word out and some of you have turned it into the biggest negative. He specifically says " Ok, just throwing this out there and if it does not apply then great. "

If i did frequent that area to commit illegal acts I'd appreciate the heads up and If you don't street race in that area then ignore it! If I were him this is the last place I'd give a warning.

For the most part those complaining have little to no room to talk about attitude and demeanor in posts!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azz061

• Marco

• Cross

• Big Poppa

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy has this ever been blown out of shape! In his own way he was putting the word out and some of you have turned it into the biggest negative. He specifically says " Ok, just throwing this out there and if it does not apply then great. "

If i did frequent that area to commit illegal acts I'd appreciate the heads up and If you don't street race in that area then ignore it! If I were him this is the last place I'd give a warning.

For the most part those complaining have little to no room to talk about attitude and demeanor in posts!

Well assessed Eddie :thumbs Next time don't wait for 6 pages of nonsense to happen! :lol

No problem i won't post anything more that is mean on here. I know feelings get hurt and we don't need that around here after all it's a car forum.

I will handle my issue with the post as i see fit thru other channels.

Thanks!

I like Red Velvet Cake better than pie.

Chameleon i like peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches when your ready to make me one. :thankyou:

Red velvet rocks!

Naw, German Chocolate Cake is the bomb!

Yea, your right, it is German Chocolate...Red Velvet is second

Well assessed Eddie :thumbs Next time don't wait for 6 pages of nonsense to happen! :lol

Well, I had to get my retired cop response under control before I responded.

I'd like to add... that in the last two days two area officers were shot and seriously injured. So why is everyone complaining?

Wow, took a bit but I finally finished everything. After some PMs checking on my mental state (which I appreciate by the way) figured I would just throw out a final post from the op: Um...just wow. Could not help but laugh. I am not saying I am laughing at anyone's opinion or post. I had to laugh at how insanely out of control this went in such a short time. Just in case anyone cares (I'm sure most don't), I truly do not care what you all do nor is it my job to convince you of one action over another. Now keep in mind that last line was written with a smile on my face. I am seriously not trying to watch over anyone or trying to say street racing needs to stop or else or even saying that people should not eat pie. I literally just finished my last slice of pumpkin 7 minutes ago and it was fantastic. All this post was meant to be was a HEY EVERYONE...THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO COMMON SENSE...WE WILL CONTINUE BEING IN THAT AREA...HINT HINT. It was nice to hear a few "This is what happened with MY cop" stories, they never get old let me tell you. Some points...most actually...were very nicely presented and had merit. Some were, well, tin hat worthy. A few were just logistically and legally incorrect. In then end, I hope that some of the hate sent my way subsides in the near future. Or not, Your choice. :thankyou:

Wow, took a bit but I finally finished everything. After some PMs checking on my mental state (which I appreciate by the way) figured I would just throw out a final post from the op:

Um...just wow. Could not help but laugh. I am not saying I am laughing at anyone's opinion or post. I had to laugh at how insanely out of control this went in such a short time. Just in case anyone cares (I'm sure most don't), I truly do not care what you all do nor is it my job to convince you of one action over another. Now keep in mind that last line was written with a smile on my face. I am seriously not trying to watch over anyone or trying to say street racing needs to stop or else or even saying that people should not eat pie. I literally just finished my last slice of pumpkin 7 minutes ago and it was fantastic. All this post was meant to be was a HEY EVERYONE...THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO COMMON SENSE...WE WILL CONTINUE BEING IN THAT AREA...HINT HINT.

It was nice to hear a few "This is what happened with MY cop" stories, they never get old let me tell you. Some points...most actually...were very nicely presented and had merit. Some were, well, tin hat worthy. A few were just logistically and legally incorrect. In then end, I hope that some of the hate sent my way subsides in the near future. Or not, Your choice. :thankyou:

Nice post...Tac! I think most saw what you were presenting and took it FWIW and moved on, some didn't for whatever the reason. Sometimes ACE members can be a tough crowd. :smilelol Hope to catch you at the lunch in a few weeks if you go. :rockon2: Catch a few Ricers for me. :eddie2:

No problem i won't post anything more that is mean on here. I know feelings get hurt and we don't need that around here after all it's a car forum.

I will handle my issue with the post as i see fit thru other channels.

Thanks!

I like Red Velvet Cake better than pie.

Chameleon i like peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches when your ready to make me one. :thankyou:

DOOD! As I have previously pointed out, sandwiches must be EARNED!

I do make a killer Red Velvet Cake from scratch, however. . .

Donna makes a mean tart.

Thanks, BP, I love you too. . . with that comment coming from you, for a second there I thought you said I AM a mean tart. . . :smilelol

I can vouch for Donna making a killer Red Velvet cake!............Awesome.

Hmmm,I must have some of this for my own verification!

I dont believe this, no way can Donna make a red velvet cake. Ill believe it when i taste it

I dont believe this, no way can Donna make a red velvet cake.

Ill believe it when i taste it a few times, and send it down to Tucson for teh 'Shifter's approval...

Fixed! :thumbs

That's crazy ! .... iv seem some nasty built vettes runnin around late at night lately .. agree ! take it to the track!

You must have missed the memo's.

1) Firebird is closing in April I believe it is

2) Speedworld will be closed soon after

These establishments were never open every weekend to Open Test n Tune. So tell me where would you have all these people go? Especially with the only tracks around both being closed. SIR in Tucson is a joke most would rather have driven to Firebird which still was not great. Test n Tune at SIR happens once a month if your lucky.

I am all for safe track racing but no one ever deals with the fact that there is no Open TNT every weekend and there is no place for them to go once they close. So now we punish them for being enthusiasts. Many here know they started out with cheap cars watching the veterans street race and learning through trial and error. I don't know how to approach it other than to say its hypocritical.

Interesting takes on this..... I'm not sure how being being "hypocritical" plays into this we all have done things wrong and in an effort to correct those mistake, we create laws to stop people who are to stupid to think for themselve and about what they are doing. I'm sure everyone here has had a drink or 2 and drove so using some of this logic it's like saying "where do we go to drink and drive now" sorry but i'm not seeing the sense in that. Most of these kids put a fart pipe and a CAI on there Honda and think there fast and some are but, do they have the skill set for driving Iike that? it's not GTA here you wreck for real beside I think I would rather see my tax dollars and man power go to something other than this.

How many of those kids started with old muscle cars back in the day and did the same stupid things just instead of say a fart can and CAI they were doing a larger air filter and a Flowmaster? Everyone learned somewhere normally from a Veteran in the scene or the hard way, none of them thought that wrecking was like GTA back then so why is a video game the scape goat now? I don't think you will find many here who think we all need to give up rights because a select few were stupid. But then that might lead into the gun debate currently going on and that would be a topic derailment. The take is quite clear they say not to do this (aka street racing) but then they close the legal places to race. I'm sorry but how is that anything other than hypocritical? Firebird may not be their fault but Speedworld sure as hell is. So that is your tax dollars at work to close the places to race safely (minus the problem that I am not sure Speedworld had with not being open to TNT every weekend) were telling those who enjoy cars and using them for more than a point a to point b transport (We could all ride public transportation if that's all this was about, why do we even need Corvettes then?) that you just can't enjoy them because video games and a few idiots caused us to label everyone as a group of idiots.

We're done with this thread. The man made a simple request, don't street race, if it doesn't apply to you then there probably wasn't ever a need to comment. If everyone would just read it the way its intended it wouldn't have spun out of control like this. No one here has been specifically called out for anything Street racing is illegal, end of story. Don't look for justification for doing it, there isn't any. If anyone want to whine to Ted to reopen this topic it thinking there could possibly be something intelligent to add (wouldn't that be refreshing) then do so, IDGAF