NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A Friendly Heads Up to the Club

Tactician

He doesn't like man tools.

:funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost:

I had forgotten all about that, LOL. Trying to fix his car with a sewing machine repair kit, LOL

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azz061

• Marco

• Cross

• Big Poppa

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could discuss all of my races but I won't. Enjoy believing you have to police everything.

He doesn't like man tools.

:funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost:

I had forgotten all about that, LOL. Trying to fix his car with a sewing machine repair kit, LOL

I had at least three different colors of thread, McGuyver.

Drew racing in the busy parts of the city i agree is bad. Racing in a non populated area to me isn't as bad and there is always risk of injury. Ted sees alot of things we don't in his line of work. Everyone goes fora spirited drive every once in awhile i bet even the op has broken the law in his corvette. If he says he hasn't then he is a liar. I have no issue with someone coming on here and giving a heads up more like " hey guys there is some illegal racing going on in my area and a few vettes have been spotted. I just want to let you know we are cracking down and if you frequent this spot this is your warning if you get busted i told you so." Him coming on the forum like some kind of hot shot is a laugh at best. I have no respect for the op and could care less on what he has to say. I bet if Phoenix PD read this post he would probably get in alot of trouble. I appreciate him warning people but not acting like he owns us! Last time i checked our tax dollars pay his salary and his job is to be professional,courteous and have integrity with the public.

I wish I could discuss all of my races but I won't. Enjoy believing you have to police everything.

I only have to police Glendale and this forum. Thank goodness.

I have no respect for the op and could care less on what he has to say.

Mike, do yourself a favor and stop posting in this thread. :toetap

We all see it different, but I don't take issue with what the OP said.

No Dawg i will not. I can have my opinion and i am not calling names or being vulgar. I stated an opinion like some of you have in the past and doing it civilly. What because the op is a LEO i am supposed to say oh yes sir almighty? No come in here and talk to the group professionally and get respect not just come in and make assumptions and call names. Oh wait those rules only apply to my post right.

I only have to police Glendale and this forum. Thank goodness.

Not really Glendale is a busy place especially on my side of Bell Road!

You are foolish if you believe you will only kill yourself in street racing. As someone who cleans up death regularly, I can say you never know what will happen and who will survive and who will die.

That's a typical answer from the man.

If I'm in the middle of nowhere then I do in fact know what will happen if something goes wrong. Those involved know the repercussions and we don't need someone to protect us from ourselves.

Just like Skydiving, there's inherent risk and sometimes the participants get hurt, but oh fricking well. A few of my friends have lost it one way or another and just ended up in the desert.

:lol

No Dawg i will not. I can have my opinion and i am not calling names or being vulgar. I stated an opinion like some of you have in the past and doing it civilly. What because the op is a LEO i am supposed to say oh yes sir almighty? No come in here and talk to the group professionally and get respect not just come in and make assumptions and call names. Oh wait those rules only apply to my post right.

I agree! There has been nothing offensive on this thread except for the first post.

Never been 'busted' for street racin.. even right on Central Avenue.

And to paraphrase ..I inhaled .. deeply.

Was years later I discovered NHRA bracket racing and that hooked me badly for decades.

Had several memorable chats with LEO's over the years.

ie:

Posted Image

Pulled over in my Duster because I left a stoplight 'abruptly' ..

..told the young man to go ahead and give it a try ...that car did everything 'abruptly' ..it wasn't a Honda!

Wife and I were parked out at a street race watchin the racing, and yes, I was more than willing to uncap it and turn it loose

for a challenge ..none came that night ..probably 100 cars or so involved..

..about 30 miles outside of Victorville on a fairly decent 2 lane with nothing but desert for miles.

Local LEO's streaked in from every direction, flashin lights, sirens, great show.. about 2am or so.

Some 'racers' took off, some got busted for this n that ..after a bit one fine LEO comes up to my window

and asks the usual ..license and registration. Shines his light on the tunnel ram.. then takes a trip right off the deep end.

'That's not legal' and 'I could have your car towed' ..I cut into his warmup tirade

'Yes, as a matter of fact it IS legal and I have the CARB paper in the glove compartment stating why.'

(in 1971 Dodge-Chrysler-Plymouth got an exemption from any smog requirements, they must have a PCV valve and radiator overflow can and that's it)

He actually looked at me then ..and my wife sittin with me ..and said something even more idiotic.

'Aren't you a little old to be doing this?'

I asked him exactly what was the age limit?

Then of course came the capper ..

'You've been street racing and I am going to write you up for that'

..I asked him to go ahead, put a hand on the header right where it exited the engine compartment .. they're cold dood

..I haven't even fired the motor up since we got here.

Told him if he liked I would pull the hood off and he could check the cylinder heads the same way .. cold ..dood.

He finally put his pen back in his pocket and told me to get out of there..

..I told him when traffic cleared I would ..hate to be unsafe.

Wife says she couldn't beleive I talked to him that way, she expected me to go to jail right then and there.

I laughed about it .. that would have caused far more trouble for him than for me.

It's been my experience over the years that if you treat people the way you want to be treated, it usually works well.

However ..someone acts a dick I have no qualms at all about pointing out their error.

I especially enjoy lectures by those who were just figuring out which end of a fudgcicle to lick on

when I was already jammin gears in my Hemi GTX.. and such.

-just sayin

-Frank aka GE

I didn't mind the OP's post at all. I just mind how they know what we do is terrible for humanity without even being there objectively. Go arrest anyone selling cigarettes as they'll kill more people this week than racing will in the next 10 years. We all know it's not about saving anything, it's about money and the cops dance like puppets.

I appreciate him warning people but not acting like he owns us! Last time i checked our tax dollars pay his salary and his job is to be professional,courteous and have integrity with the public.

Yeah.... it doesn't always work out that way.

I do agree he was a little over the top but he was venting/frustrated. But I have to admit ever since an event a few years ago that finally just ended I cannot say those qualities seem to be present all the time. Guess its human nature or a lack of respect and thinking they are in control it could go to either view I suppose.

I didn't mind the OP's post at all. I just mind how they know what we do is terrible for humanity without even being there objectively.

Go arrest anyone selling cigarettes as they'll kill more people this week than racing will in the next 10 years. We all know it's not about saving anything, it's about money and the cops dance like puppets.

post-1193-056548600 1357658840.jpg

Hey i am the first to admit i am not always politically correct and i get called out for it. The op can have an ego and be demanding just in a better form. I personally don't have anything to worry about as i do not partake in events like this in town. I do have dinner on Saturday evenings with some fellow track racers and we go to a known spot were alot of cars gather at times. The young kids always scramble when they see the law which is quite amusing. I never worry about it as if your not breaking a law then there is nothing they can say or do to you. It's more an intimidation factor for the PD which works for some but not others as there is alot of disresepct for the PD among todays youth. But post like his sterotyping the guys who hang out and associate possibly with some of the guys who do break the law is many a reason why the PD gets less respect. I found this post on three other car sites already this morning so the OP has gotten his message out but at what price?

....But post like his sterotyping the guys who...

Mike that's new Big word for you :thumbs

just like

homophobia

;-)

How about the strand in Hermosa Beach California? I use to light them up every weekend.

I have no respect for the op and could care less on what he has to say.

Mike, do yourself a favor and stop posting in this thread. :toetap

:agree :agree :agree :agree :agree

I was thinking myself what to say, Dawg you took the words right out my mouth.